Thursday, July 26, 2012
Police arrest seven on felony charges
Holly Springs police officers responded to 94 calls last week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
Calls were disturbances, 7; alarms, 14; larcenies, 4; accidents, 3; assists to agencies, 5; assaults, 2; funeral escorts, 2; burglaries, 1; auto theft, 1; shots fired, 3; domestics, 4; robbery, 1; and 47 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher answered nine calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, July 16
• simple assault by threat in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• phone harassment in the 100 block of Jarrott Street.
• domestic violence/aggravated assault in the 100 block of West Woodward. An arrest was made.
• simple assault on a correctional officer in the 800 block of West Street. Suspect is incarcerated at the Marshall County Correctional Facility.
Tuesday, July 17
• failure to stop a motor vehicle, resisting arrest, reckless driving, running a stop sign, driving in more than one lane and driving while license suspended in the Chulahoma Avenue area. Charges were filed.
Thursday, July 19
• lost medication in the 200 block of West Valley Avenue.
Friday, July 20
• robbery in the area of West Valley Avenue. Two arrests were made.
• false pretense in the 300 block of West Street.
Saturday, July 21
• domestic violence/simple assault in 400 block of Hudsonville Road.
• domestic violence/simple assault on Chesterman Street. Charges were filed.
• vehicle fire in 900 block of Highway 7 South.
Sunday, July 22
• deceased subject in the 400 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 600 block of Colonial Drive. An arrest was made.
Police made seven felony arrests.
Randy Richard, 36, of the 185 block of West Woodward Avenue, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and contempt of court, Norman said.
Christopher Jones, 19, of the 200 block of Randall Drive, was arrested and charged with sexual battery, he said.
Corie Leigh Sullender, 18, of the 100 block of Shurrden Drive, Gore Springs, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, Norman said.
Ginger Marie Noe, 30, of the 60000 block of Seminole Road, Smithville, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, he said.
Darron Hunter, 19, of the 300 block of West Street, was arrested and charged with strong arm robbery in the West Street area, Norman said.
Shaukille Faulkner, 19, of the 1300 block of Hernando Road, was arrested and charged with strong arm robbery in the West Street area, he said.
Carlos Jones, 21, of the 200 block of Jeffries Road, Potts Camp, was arrested and charged with domestic violence/aggravated assault, Norman said.
Officers reported the following citations – driving while license suspended (consent law), 1; disregard for traffic device, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 2; no/expired driver’s license, 1; child restraint violation, 1; and seatbelt violation, 2.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page