Thursday, January 19, 2012
Calendar of Events
• MEETING H.W. Byers PTA will meet in the elementary staff room at 6 p.m. All parents are encouraged to attend.
• Movie Night at Mt. Pisgah CME Church featuring “Noah” will be held at 6 p.m. – $3 a ticket in advance or $5 at the door. For ticket information contact Elder Eddie Wilson or Linda Whitlock Wilson at 252-4706 or 601-731-8386 or 601-731-4934. Mt. Pisgah is located at 3877 Cayce Road.
• ANNUAL PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at Community Temple, 9 a.m. For more information call Pastor Frank Moore, 662-851-3388 or 851-0973. The church is located off Mt. Zion Road.
• MEETING Marshall County Republican Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on Gholson Ave., Holly Springs, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• PARENT’S BREAKFAST Parents of Byhalia Middle School students are invited to attend a Pancake Breakfast, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Parents will be served breakfast and the opportunity to learn about strategies to help your child with reading and math. Raffle prizes will be given.
• SOCIAL Red Banks United Methodist will have a chili and soup supper social, 4 p.m. Everyone is welcome. The church is located across from the Red Banks Post Office on Yarbrough Loop.
• SPECIAL PROGRAM Thirteen years ago Brenda McKnatt’s daughter was murdered. She will be at Victory Church at 2 p.m. to share her story with parents and others who have lost children. Everyone is invited. No children may attend due to subject matter. Finger foods and drinks will be served. For more info. contact Sandy Shackelford, 901-326-0881; or Ann Wolfe, 662-838-5370. Victory Church is located at 103 Lowry Drive in the Byhalia Industrial Park.
• WORSHIP AND PRAISE at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N., 10:30 a.m. Featured singers will be Beyond the Ashes from Nashville, Tenn. We invite all youth groups to be a part. Wade Crum is pastor.
• USHER DAY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual Usher Day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Sylvester Hamilton and Miracle Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Victoria. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• Recruiting Drive for Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club, students ages 7 and 8, will take place at the Marshall County Library on Tuesday, January 24, 6:30 p.m.
• Relay For Life team captains’ meeting will be held at the library, 5:15 p.m. All captains please be present. If you are not able to attend send one of your team members. If your team is not registered they can register then. The committee will meet directly after at 6:15 p.m.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM Rising Star M.B. Church, located on Chewalla Lake Road, is presenting a musical program at 6 p.m. All choirs, gospel groups, and male choruses are invited to sing. The public is invited. Pastor is Robert McClain.
• PLAY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant is sponsoring the Gospel Play ‘Enough is Enough” at the Harrell Threatre, 440 Powell Road, Collierville, Tenn., 7 p.m. For ticket info. call Willanda Hearn, 901-864-6697; Jairus Leseur, 662-544-3859; or Stella Honor, 662-544-5816. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• SINGING Evangel Full Gospel Assembly will have their monthly Saturday night singing at 7 p.m. Featured singers will be Blessed Harmony from Ala. Everyone is invited.
• CLOTHES CLOSET Victory Church Clothes Closet will be open at 10 a.m. All items are free. The closet opens each second and fourth Saturday at 10 a.m. For more info. contact Bud Parker, 662-551-6869 or Glenda Parker, 662-551-6870. Victory Church is located at 103 Lowry Drive in the Byhalia Industrial Park.
• Pastor’s anniversary CELEBRATION Mt. Gilliam MB Church, Byhalia, will celebrate the second anniversary of Pastor Calvin Rayborn Sr., 4 p.m. Host pastor is Charlies Gillespie. Many guest groups are scheduled. Free admission.
• BIBLE CLASS Pleasant Hill CME Church will start a midday Bible class each Wednesday beginning February 1, 11 a.m. Rev. Willie Hoey pastor, invites everyone.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM will be held for Clarence Woods who has kidney failure, 6 p.m., at Providence Church. The host pastor is Alonzo Johnson, and sponsor is The Stars of Faith. All choirs and male choruses are invited. For more info. call Ed Hughe, 901-239-3021 or Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• The Friends of the Marshall County Library are very happy to have Mary Minor and Annie Ruth Stone present their new book on the history of Potts Camp. The business meeting is at 11:30 for members, and the public is invited to the 12 noon program. Refreshments will be served, and everyone is encouraged to attend.
• Fish fry St. Jude Benefit Fish Fry will be held at Emory Independent Methodist Church on Feb. 11, from 5-8 p.m.The plates are $10 for adults, $5 for children and children 6 and under are free. The meal includes Pride of the Pond catfish, slaw, French fries, hush puppies, drink and homemade dessert. The Taylor Made band will perform during the eating. Come bring your friends and help raise money for the kids at St. Jude. Emory Independent Methodist Church is located on Holly Springs Rd. south of Byhalia near Watson.
• Benefit Program for Deacon George Cannon on Saturday, February 11, at 6 p.m. at the Reid’s Gift M.B. Church in Potts Camp. Everyone is welcomed.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Faithful Gospel Singers of New Albany will have a pre-anniversary program at Jones Grove Church, 7 p.m. There will be several groups and singers from around. M.C. will be Dave Glass. For more info. call Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at New Hope M.B. Church, 3120 Hwy. 310, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be MacArthur King and Jeffries Chapel MB Church. Pastor is Dr. Bessie Tables. Sponsors are Anna L. Mitchell, 252-2028; or Ivory KaShun Kinard, 662-587-5035.
• Wild game supper Red Banks Baptist Church will host its 3rd Annual Wild Game Supper Saturday, March 3, at 6 p.m. The supper will be held at the Family Life Center. There will be a special speaker and door prizes will be given. Bro. Jonathan Childress, pastor.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School Class of 1982 is planning their 30th reunion for May 25-27. Please contact committee members Patty (Foster) Robinson, 662-252-2921; Karen (Ratcliff) Morgan, 469-733-7960; Edith (Bridgeforth) Sims, 662-564-4200; Viera Roseburg, 601-316-7369; Claude Vinson, 901-212-9854; Anthony Anderson, 404-259-1258.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page