Thursday, July 19, 2012
Police go to 104 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 104 calls last week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
The calls included – disturbances, 8; alarms, 13; larcenies, 5; accidents, 6; assists to agencies, 6; assaults, 1; funeral escorts, 5; burglaries, 3; auto burglaries, 2; shots fired, 2; 911 hang-ups, 1 and 52 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher went to eight calls.
Police took these reports:
Monday, July 9
• commercial burglary in the 100 block of Rust Avenue. Two subjects were arrested.
• petit larceny in the 300 block of Maple Street. Charges were filed.
Tuesday, July 10
• auto burglary in the 100 block of Heritage Drive.
• possible theft of city property on APL road.
Wednesday, July 11
• phone harassment in the 300 block of Rolfing Road.
• residential burglary in the 700 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• trespassing in the 300 block of Maple Street. Charges were filed.
Thursday, July 12
• disorderly conduct in the 600 block of Highway 4 East.
• forgery in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• malicious mischief in the 200 block of Randall Drive.
Friday, July 13
• rape in the 500 block of Sanders Drive.
Sunday, July 15
• contraband thrown over fence at Marshall County Correctional Facility on Eddie Lee Smith Drive.
• petit larceny in the 400 block of Bonds Drive.
Officers made three felony arrests:
• Lemarcus Campbell, 19, of the 60 block of Campbell Road, Lamar, was arrested and charged with commercial burglary, Norman said.
• Willie Rooks, 29, of the 300 block of Rolfing Road, was arrested and charged with felony possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana, resisting arrest, no driver’s license and speeding, Norman said.
• Michael Lee Kizer, 20, of the 700 block of Martin Luther King Drive, was arrested and charged with residential burglary, he said.
Officers reported the following citations – disregard for traffic device, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 1; loud music, 1; and improper equipment, 1.
Officers made the following misdemeanor arrests – contempt of court, 2; public drunk/disturbing the peace, 1; no/expired driver’s license/speeding, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 1; possession of marijuana first offense, 1; and domestic violence/simple assault, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page