Thursday, July 5, 2012
City police go to 120 calls, make one felony arrest
Holly Springs police officers responded to 120 calls for the week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
Calls included the following – disturbances, 10; alarms, 17; larcenies, 1; accidents, 4; assists to agencies, 6; domestics, 5; assaults, 5; funeral escorts, 5; burglaries, 3; welfare checks, 2; malicious mischief, 4; 911 hang-ups, 4; and 54 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher responded to six calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, June 25
• simple assault in the 300 block of West Street. An arrest was made.
Tuesday, June 26
• simple assault in the 100 block of Newlin Lane.
• suspicious subject running down street in the Sunset Acres area.
• simple assault in the 200 block of West Elder Avenue.
Wednesday, June 27
• simple assault in the area of the railroad tracks on J.M. Ash Drive. Charges were filed.
• simple assault by threat in the 600 block of Highway 7 South. Charges were filed.
Friday, June 29
• motor vehicle theft in the 100 block of Wilson Avenue. It was later found to be a repossession.
• trespassing in the 800 block of Rising Star Road. Charges were filed.
• residential burglary/grand larceny in the 300 block of South Chesterman Street.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 300 block of West Park Avenue.
Saturday, June 30
• simple assault by threat in the North Center Street/Alley area.
• broken window in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Sunday, June 1
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 500 block of Craft Street.
• verbal dispute in the 90 block of McMillan Drive area.
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of Randall Drive.
Officers made one felony arrest. Samuel George McClellan Jr., 34, of the 1800 block of West Street, was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and driving while license suspended, according to Chief Norman.
Officers wrote the following citations – speeding, 2; disregard for traffic device, 2; no/expired driver’s license, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 1; driving while license suspended, 2; no/expired tag, 3; careless driving, 1; improper equipment 1; leaving the scene of an accident, 1; possession of marijuana, 3; possession of drug paraphernalia, 1; and no dog licenses, 2.
Officers made these misdemeanor arrests – contempt of court, 3; shoplifting, 2; simple assault, 4; receiving stolen property, 1; no/expired driver’s license/improper passing/contempt of court, 1; driving while license suspended/no proof of liability insurance/speeding/contempt of court, 1; public drunk/possession of marijuana/possession of drug paraphernalia/disorderly conduct, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page