Thursday, June 14, 2012
Holly Springs police go to 117 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 117 calls for the week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
The calls included - disturbances, 10; alarms, 20; larcenies, 2; accidents, 7; assists to agencies, 3; domestics, 2; assaults, 1; funeral escorts, 4; burglaries, 3; 911 hang-ups, 2; auto burglary, 1; welfare checks, 1; shots fired, 2; auto theft, 2; malicious mischief, 1; and 54 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher answered 10 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, June 4
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of West Valley Avenue.
• a threat in the 2100 block of Highway 178 West.
Tuesday, June 5
• malicious mischief in the 300 block of West Street. Charges were filed.
• petit larceny in the 200 block of West College Avenue.
• commercial burglary in the Highway 4 East area.
Wednesday, June 6
• auto theft in the 50 block of Sunset Acres.
• phone harassment in the 100 block of South Memphis Street.
• auto burglary in the 1300 block of Highway 4 East.
• threats in the 300 block of South Center Street. Charges were filed.
• auto theft in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Friday, June 8
• residential burglary in the 300 block of West Street.
• trespassers in the 1000 block of Highway 7 North.
• disturbance of a family in the 100 block of Shadow Lane. One arrest was made.
Officers made one felony arrest. Charles Nunnally Jr., 30, of the 600 block of Isom Chapel Road, was arrested and charged with possession of a weapon by a felon, according to Norman.
Officers reported the following citations – speeding, 16; no proof of liability insurance, 4; child restraint violation, 1; disregard for traffic device, 6; and improper passing, 1.
Officers reported several misdemeanor arrests – contempt of court, 6; domestic violence/simple assault/contempt, 1; DUI refusal/driving while license suspended (consent law), 1; contempt of court/shoplifting, 1; disturbance of a family, 1; and stalking/harassment, 1.
June is the month for dog tag renewal.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page