Thursday, June 14, 2012
Calendar of Events
• “SPLASH IN GOD’S WORD” at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, Waterford. We will have games, crafts and more, Wednesdays – 13, 20 and 27, 6-8 p.m. Gail Lyons is director; W. James Lyons is pastor. For more information call 662-252-3311.
• BYHALIA FESTIVAL, sponsored by the Byhalia Lions Club, will be held June 14, 15, and 16. There will be nightly entertainment, a rodeo, and a carnival. Gates will open at 5 p.m. For more info. call 662-838-2480.
• SINGING New Garden Baptist Church will have a gospel singing and fish fry at 3 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the building fund. The B Band from Fulton and Otha and Linda Geeslin will be featured guests. Fish plates will be $7 each. The church is located at 4831 Sycamore Road, Coldwater. For more info. call 564-2680.
• FISH FRY First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will have a benefit fish fry at 5:30 p.m. All proceeds to benefit the Nicky Vick family. Donations only.
• SOLO PROGRAM will be held at Rising Star M.B. Church, 6 p.m. All solo singers are asked to come. Pastor is Robert McClain.
• Singing Clear Creek Baptist Church with fellowship at 6 p.m. and singing at 7; Unity Four of Corinth will be guest singers. Bro. Jim Polk and congregation invite all.
• VBS Red Banks Baptist Church will have Vacation Bible School, June 17-21, 6-8:30 p.m. It is open to preschool--sixth grades. Kick-off will be June 17 with family night including cook-out and waterslides for the children.
• Father’s Day celebration Beverly Chapel CME Church, 1095 Hwy. 4, will celebrate Father’s Day during 11 a.m. services. Rev. Willie Hoey, speaker; Rev. Kenneth Rogers, pastor.
• Special speaker Sun., June 17, men’s month speaker at Free Branch MB Church will be Rev. Dewitt Glover, at the 11 a.m. worship service.
• REVIVAL Beverly Chapel CME Church, 1095 Hwy. 4, will be in revival June 18-20, 7 p.m. Rev. Marco Finley, pastor of Hebron Chapel CME Church will be guest Monday. Rev. Johnny McDonald, pastor of Miles Chapel CME Church in Sardis, will be Tuesday speaker; and Rev. Marcus Dudley, pastor of Kingdom Movement in Coffeeville, will speak Wednesday. Rev. Kenny Rogers, pastor, invites everyone.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• “SPLASH IN GOD’S WORD” at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, Waterford. We will have games, crafts and more, Wednesdays – 20 and 27, 6-8 p.m. Gail Lyons is director; W. James Lyons is pastor. For more information call 662-252-3311.
• SUPPER The Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, will hold a fellowship supper in the fellowship hall, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. The community is invited to attend. Come meet your neighbors and fellowship with one another and enjoy some good food.
• MEETING The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 12:30-2 p.m.
• LOVE DAY Pleasant Hill CME Church will celebrate their Pastor and Wife’s Love Day honoring Rev. Willie Hoey and Kathleen Hoey, 6:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Equator Benton of Believers in Faith MB Church of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• BARBECUE First United Methodist Church in Potts Camp will host a barbecue fund-raiser for the windows in the sanctuary on Saturday, June 23, starting at 10 a.m. There will be singing and lots of barbecue. This will be held on the church parking lot.
• Election Holly Springs Lake Estates will hold their annual election on June 23, 4 p.m. in the beach area. You must be a paid member to vote.
• Benefit The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have a benefit program for Minister Raymond Pritchard Jr. at 6 p.m. All choirs and groups are asked to come. For more info. call Curesa Smith, 901-282-1862 or Rhonda Tillman, 902-335-0285. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly of Holly Springs, Sat., June 23, 7 p.m. Featured group will be the Underwoods of Nettleton. Everyone is welcome.
• Girl power girl hours girl sessions will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, Sat., June 23, 12 noon. Girls of all ages are encouraged to attend. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor.
• Love day Sat., June 23, Pastor and Wife’s Love Day for Rev. and Mrs. Willie Hoey, 6:30 p.m. Rev. Vinson of Believers in Faith MB Church will be guest. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Juneteenth Celebration Jones Grove MB Church with several male choruses and groups on program. Special guests will be the Kaiser Singers from Yazoo City and Spiritual Excitement from Memphis, Tenn. For more info. call Bro. John Faulkner.
• ANNUAL FRIENDS’ PROGRAM The Dynamic Angels invite all choirs, male choruses and groups to participate in annual Friends’ Program at Rising Star M.B. Church, 6 p.m.
• REVIVAL Friendship Assembly of God will have revival services June 24-27 with guest speaker Sammy Jackson. Sunday service begins at 10 a.m. and evening service at 6 p.m. Services Monday through Wednesday begin at 7 p.m. Take the Victoria Exit 18, go one-fourth mile, turn right onto Friendship Road.
• WOMEN’S DAY PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual Women’s Day program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Evangelist Janice Christian and the St. James No. 2 C.O.G.I.C. of New Albany. Pastor Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. invites everyone.
• LOVE DAY New Life Community Church, 28 Chase Street, Byhalia, will have their Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Mark Davis of Wyatt Community Church.
• Men’s and Women’s Day, Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., 2:30 p.m. Pastor of New Shelby MB Church will be special guest. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• HOMECOMING Smith Grove M.B. Church will have their annual homecoming at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Levi Jones of Gary, Ind. Host pastor is W.C. Conner. Wavor Harris Sr. is chairperson. Everyone is invited.
• LOVE DAY Grays Chapel CME Church, Hudsonville, will have their Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, June 24 at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Deldrick LeaSure of Cooper Chapel CME Church.
• Men’s Day, June 24, at Free Branch MB Church, with Rev. Collin Gates as 9 a.m. worship service speaker. Pastor is Joe Tunstall.
• VBS “No Friend Like Jesus – Get Connected,” is the theme for Vacation Bible School to be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 MLK Dr., June 25-29, 6-8:30 p.m. The Pastor is Rev. Denise A. Modest.
• “SPLASH IN GOD’S WORD” at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, Waterford. We will have games, crafts and more, Wednesdays, June 27, 6-8 p.m. Gail Lyons is director; W. James Lyons is pastor. For more information call 662-252-3311.
• VBS Shiloh Baptist Church, 220 Quinn Rd., Barton, June 27-29, 6:30 p.m. All ages are invited.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT is a one-night revival that will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be John Power and Jones Grove Church family. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr. The public is invited.
• FUND-RAISER Meadowbrook Baptist Church will host a mission fund-raiser, June 30, 4:45 p.m. with a fish fry, cake auction and music with the Geeslin Brothers, Almost Famous Craines and Bluff City Quartet. For more info, call 901-827-5892.
• HOMECOMING Wilkins Chapel CME Church, 1865 Wilkins Chapel Road, Waterford, will have their annual homecoming program at 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Robert McClain and Rising Star M.B. Church. Dinner will be served after program.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the late Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• Revival Emory Independent Methodist Church at Watson will be having revival with Brother Don Wilson speaking July 8-July 11. Sunday services will be at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Wed. services, 7 p.m. A pot luck meal will be served Sunday after the service and the MYF will have a ice cream social on Wednesday evening after the service.
• Youth camp Byhalia area youth ages 6-15 are invited to attend the Margaret M. Grow Youth Camp for the Arts provided by the BAAC. The camp will be Monday, July 9-Friday, July 13, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., at the Flame $5 per camper. For more inforamtion call 662-838-2451.
• Reunion Coleman and Pool family reunion, July 6-8. If you are planning to attend, please calle Robert Pool for info. at 662-564-2480.
• Seminar Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries will have a “Fireproof Your Marriage” seminar, July 11-13, followed by a banquet on July 14, 6 p.m. nightly. All are welcome. Call Rhonda, 901-341-3403.
• MEETING The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 12:30-2 p.m.
• VBS Emory Independent Methodist Church at Watson will be having their Vacation Bible School July 16 through July 20 from 5:30-8 p.m.
• VBS Clear Creek Baptist Church is having VBS July 16-20, 6-8:30 p.m. at 1704 Clear Creek Rd. Lamar.
• VBS Meadowbrook Baptist Church, July 16-20, 6 p.m. For more info. call 901-827-5892.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email email@example.com or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• USHER DAY will be held at St. Mark MB Church, Lake Center, at 3 p.m. Rev. Robert McClain and Rising Star will be the guests. Pastor Baily invites all.
• SPECIAL GUESTS First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant presents Carroll and Donna Roberson of Roberson Ministries in the morning service at 10:45 a.m. and evening service at 6 p.m. The church is located at 1450 Boswell Road, Hwy. 311, Mt. Pleasant.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page