Thursday, June 7, 2012
Police respond to two robberies
Holly Springs police officers answered 111 calls for the week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
The calls included disturbances, 13; alarms, 16; larcenies, 2; accidents, 2; assists to other agencies, 7; domestic, 3; assaults, 3; funeral escorts, 2; burglaries, 2; 911 hang-ups, 1; auto burglary, 1; checks on shut-ins, 2; robberies, 2; shots fired, 1; fire, 1; and 53 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher took 11 calls.
Officers filed the following reports:
Monday, May 28
• domestic violence/aggravated assault in the 200 block of N. Memphis Street. An arrest was made.
Tuesday, May 29
• suspicious behavior in the 200 block of Jarrott Street.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of Shadow Lane. Charges were filed.
Wednesday, May 30
• petit larceny in the 200 block of Johnson Park.
• robbery in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• auto burglary in the 800 block of Highway 178 East.
Thursday, May 31
• robbery in the 200 block of North Memphis Street.
• credit card fraud in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• residential burglary in the 1400 block of Rising Star Road.
Friday, June 1
• disturbance in the 600 block of West Lake Drive.
Saturday, June 2
• simple assault in the 600 block of Salem Avenue.
Sunday, June 3
• domestic violence/simple assault in the Highway 178 East area. An arrest was made.
• resisting arrest/failure to stop motor vehicle in the 800 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• residential burglary in the 500 block of West Boundary Street.
One felony arrest was reported. Thomas McKinney, 22, of the 100 block of East Martin Street, was arrested and charged with domestic violence/aggravated assault, Norman said.
Officers wrote the following citations – speeding, 2; no proof of liability insurance, 8; child restraint violation, 1; driving while license suspended, 1; improper passing, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 4; and 2 seatbelt violations.
Officers made the following misdemeanor arrests – contempt of court, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 1; DUI 1st, 1; and public drunk, 3.
Holly Springs police advise that June is the month to renew dog tags. Arrangements can be made to renew a tag or get a first tag by calling 662-252-2122.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page