Thursday, June 7, 2012
Calendar of Events
• “SPLASH IN GOD’S WORD” at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, Waterford. We will have games, crafts and more, Wednesdays – June 6, 13, 20 and 27, 6-8 p.m. Gail Lyons is director; W. James Lyons is pastor. For more information call 662-252-3311.
• CELEBRATION The Relay for Life Planning Committee requests the honor of each and every cancer survivor at the Relay for Life Celebration at the Multi-Purpose Building, 6 p.m. If you know of any survivor who is new or not on our list, drop name and addresses by Carlisle’s Big Star or call Francis Thomas, 252-1133 or 544-5793. They will also be recognized at the Relay for Life June 8 at Sam Coopwood Park.
• Rummage sale, Watson Fire Dept., June 8-9, 8-2 p.m. Rain or shine! The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept. Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept., at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m. Special guests will be Vintage Soul of Memphis, Tenn. The sponsor is Charles Ambrose.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5 North, Lamar/Ashland. Featured singers will be Still Blessed, at 6:30 p.m. Fellowship meal will follow. Pastor Robert Buse invites everyone to attend.
• PANCAKE BREAKFAST sponsored by the Marshall County Humane Society, Saturday, 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the VFW.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will have a singing, featuring Picking Up The Pieces, at 5 p.m.
• FARMERS MARKET Holly Springs Main Street is sponsoring a Saturday Farmers Market on the square in downtown Holly Springs. It will be held every Saturday until further notice. Jody James will provide live entertainment. Market operating hours are 7 a.m.-noon. For more information contact Lisa Liddy at 662-274-4083 or Lemon Phelps, 252-3541.
• MEETING The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 12:30-2 p.m.
• “Fun with the Son” Day at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 2641 Laws Hill Rd. We will have Bible stories, water games, and lunch. Dress to get wet, 9 a.m.- 2 p.m., ages 5-18. For more info. call Larry West, pastor, 333-7410.
• RUMMAGE SALE Mt. Sinai Youth Department will have a rummage sale and car wash, 7 a.m.-1 p.m., at the Shell Gas Station, 5337 Highway 72, Mt. Pleasant.
• Singing New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden (Valentine Road), will have a singing Saturday night, June 9, at 7 p.m. Featured group will be The Barnetts from Stanton, Tenn. Fellowship supper will be served after singing. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite all to attend.
• USHER DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 2 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Charles Gillispie and New Mt. Gillian Church.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY SERVICE The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C of Mt. Pleasant will have a Pre-Anniversary Service at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Supt. Robert Williams and The Williams Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Moscow, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM The Silver Stars, partnering with the Twilight Singers, will present a musical program, 6 p.m., at the Baptist Association Building on Cuba Street. Many groups and male choruses are invited. Free admission. There will be a cash giveaway. The public is invited. MC will be Betty Raimey.
• LOVE DAY Hudsonville CME Church will have their Pastor and Wife’s Love Day honoring Bobby and Virginia Wilson at 11 a.m. Special speaker will be Bishop Thomas L. Brown Sr. Everyone is invited.
• 48 ANGELS PROGRAM Finley Grove Church, Hwy. 7 North, will have its 48 Angels Program at 2:30 p.m. Pastor Marcus Newson of the Newson Singers N God’s Impact Ministry will be the guests. Pastor is James C. Green.
• VBS “Sky High” Vacation Bible School will be held June 11-15 at Friendship Assembly of God, 6-8 p.m. At Sky VBS, kids will discover that by trusting God, everything is possible.
• VBS will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, 1593 Hwy. 309 N., June 11-15, 8:45 a.m.-1 p.m. The theme is “Amazing Wonders Aviation” and is available for kindergarten through sixth grade. For info. call 662-838-4377; or Anita at 901-485-9441.
• VBS will be held at Brookside Baptist Church from 9 a.m. -12 p.m. June 11-15. The church is located at 4993 Hwy. 302, Olive Branch. For more information contact 662-890-4069 or visit our website- www.brooksideob.com. Come join us for some great fun and fellowship!
• VBS Finley Grove Church will be having Vacation Bible School on June 11-June 15, 6-8 p.m. From kindergarten to adults - everyone is invited. Pastor James Green invites all.
• VBS will be held at Kimbrough Chapel June 11-15 at 6:30 p.m. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr.
• VBS in the Park at Boundary and College St., June 11-15, 5:30 – 8 p.m., ages 3-18. Hosted by Opulent Life Church.
• “SPLASH IN GOD’S WORD” at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, Waterford. We will have games, crafts and more, Wednesdays – 13, 20 and 27, 6-8 p.m. Gail Lyons is director; W. James Lyons is pastor. For more information call 662-252-3311.
• BYHALIA FESTIVAL, sponsored by the Byhalia Lions Club, will be held June 14, 15, and 16. There will be nightly entertainment, a rodeo, and a carnival. Gates will open at 5 p.m. For more info. call 662-838-2480.
• SINGING New Garden Baptist Church will have a gospel singing and fish fry at 3 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the building fund. The B Band from Fulton and Otha and Linda Geeslin will be featured guests. Fish plates will be $7 each. The church is located at 4831 Sycamore Road, Coldwater. For more info. call 564-2680.
• FISH FRY First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will have a benefit fish fry at 5 p.m. All proceeds to benefit the Nicky Vick family. Donations only.
• SOLO PROGRAM will be held at Rising Star M.B. Church, 6 p.m. All solo singers are asked to come. Pastor is Robert McClain.
• VBS Red Banks Baptist Church will have Vacation Bible School, June 17-21, 6-8:30 p.m. The event is open to preschool--sixth grades. Kick-off will be June 17 with family night including cook-out and waterslides for the children.
• REVIVAL Beverly Chapel CME Church, 1095 Hwy. 4, will be in revival June 18-20, 7 p.m. Rev. Marco Finley, pastor of Hebron Chapel CME Church will be guest Monday. Rev. Johnny McDonald, pastor of Miles Chapel CME Church in Sardis, will be Tuesday speaker; and Rev. Marcus Dudley, pastor of Kingdom Movement in Coffeeville, will speak Wednesday. Rev. Kenny Rogers, pastor, invites everyone.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• “SPLASH IN GOD’S WORD” at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, Waterford. We will have games, crafts and more, Wednesdays – 20 and 27, 6-8 p.m. Gail Lyons is director; W. James Lyons is pastor. For more information call 662-252-3311.
• SUPPER The Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, will hold a fellowship supper in the fellowship hall, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. The community is invited to attend. Come meet your neighbors and fellowship with one another and enjoy some good food.
• MEETING The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 12:30-2 p.m.
• LOVE DAY Pleasant Hill CME Church will celebrate their Pastor and Wife’s Love Day honoring Rev. Willie Hoey and Kathleen Hoey, 6:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Equator Benton of Believer’s in Faith MB Church of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• ANNUAL FRIEND’S PROGRAM The Dynamic Angels invite all choirs, male choruses and groups to participate in annual Friend’s Program at Rising Star M.B. Church, 6 p.m.
• REVIVAL Friendship Assembly of God will have revival services June 24-27 with guest speaker Sammy Jackson. Sunday service begins at 10 a.m. and evening service at 6 p.m. Services Monday through Wednesday begin at 7 p.m. Take the Victoria Exit 18, go one-fourth mile, turn right on to Friendship Road.
• WOMEN’S DAY PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual Women’s Day program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Evangelist Janice Christian and the St. James No. 2 C.O.G.I.C. of New Albany. Pastor Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. invites everyone.
• LOVE DAY New Life Community Church, 28 Chase Street, Byhalia, will have their Pastor and Wife Love Day, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Mark Davis of Wyatt Community Church.
• Men’s and Women’s Day, Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., 2:30 p.m. Pastor of New Shelby MB Church will be special guest. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• HOMECOMING Smith Grove M.B. Church will have their annual homecoming at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Levi Jones of Gary, In. Host pastor is W.C. Conner and Wavor Harris Sr. is chairperson. Everyone is invited.
• VBS “No Friend Like Jesus – Get Connected,” is the theme for Vacation Bible School to be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 MLK Dr., June 25-29, 6-8:30 p.m. The Pastor is Rev. Denise A. Modest.
• “SPLASH IN GOD’S WORD” at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, Waterford. We will have games, crafts and more, Wednesdays, June 27, 6-8 p.m. Gail Lyons is director; W. James Lyons is pastor. For more information call 662-252-3311.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT is a one night revival that will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be John Power and Jones Grove Church family. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr. The public is invited.
• HOMECOMING Wilkins Chapel CME Church, 1865 Wilkins Chapel Road, Waterford, will have their annual homecoming program at 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Robert McClain and Rising Star M.B. Church. Dinner will be served after program.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the late Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email email@example.com or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• USHER DAY will be held at St. Mark MB Church, Lake Center, at 3 p.m. Rev. Robert McClain and Rising Star will be the guests. Pastor Baily invites all.
• SPECIAL GUESTS First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant presents Carroll and Donna Roberson of Roberson Ministries in the morning service at 10:45 a.m. and evening service at 6 p.m. The church is located at 1450 Boswell Road, Hwy. 311, Mt. Pleasant.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page