Thursday, May 31, 2012
Calendar of Events
• FARMERS MARKET The Holly Springs Main Street Association is sponsoring a Saturday Farmers Marker on the square in Holly Springs. It will be held every Saturday until further notice. Jody James will provide live entertainment. Market operating hours are 7 a.m.-noon. For more information contact Lisa Liddy at 662-274-4083 or Lemon Phelps, 252-3541.
• FESTIVAL Brookside Baptist Church will have crafters and small business owners with merchandise available for purchase inside. Summer festival going on outside. Both events are from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. There will be a wide variety of vendors, games outside, food and lots of fun for the whole family. The church is located at 4993 Hwy. 302, East Goodman Road.
• Fundraiser Byhalia United Methodist Church will be hosting its 10th annual Silent Auction/Fish Fry in “The Flame.” Fish fry is at 4:30 -7 p.m. and the silent auction is at 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• VBS Kickoff activities for Vacation Bible School at Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, will be held on June 2 at 2 p.m. Parents, please come and register your kids. SHBC will run a bus during Bible school. All pre-K-12 are invited to attend VBS June 4-8 beginning at 9 a.m. until 12. The theme for this year’s Bible school is Amazing Aviation Wonders. Directors are Renee and Jessie Russom. Pastor John Parker encourages all to attend.
• REUNION The annual Potts Camp School Reunion will be held Sat., June 2, beginning at 10 a.m. with a catered lunch at noon. All students, faculty members, family and friends are invited.
• BANQUET Isom Chapel CME Church members will celebrate their pastor and wife, Rev. Joe T. and Bertha Lester’s anniversary, 6 p.m. at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building in Holly Springs. The Presiding Bishop Thomas L. Brown will be the guest speaker.
• GOSPEL SINGING will be held at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church at 7 p.m. The church is located half a mile from Goodman Road on Cayce Road. Pastor Billy Watkins invites all.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, June 2, with Fishers of Men. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7. Everyone is welcome.
• HOMECOMING Newell Chapel CME Church, Victoria, will celebrate its homecoming at 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Willie Boyd Jr., pastor of Martin Temple CME Church, Memphis, Tenn. Pastor Charles LeSure invites everyone.
• HOMECOMING will be held at Bethlehem United Methodist Church, 11 a.m., with a barbecue meal afterwards. There will be singing after lunch. All offerings and donations will go to the cemetery upkeep. Everyone is invited.
• ANNIVERSARY True Vine M.B. Church family will be celebrating their 12th Anniversary at 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Rondarious Cox and Mt. Peel M.B. Church. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming Marianna Baptist Church will have a Homecoming featuring the Master’s Quartet at 11 a.m.
• Calendar drive Greenfield Presbyterian Church, Waterford, will celebrate their 25th annual Calendar Drive, Sun., June 3, 3 p.m. Pastor Robert L. Hamilton and the Golden Gate COGIC of New Albany will be special guests. Pastor W. James Lyons and church family cordially invite all.
• VBS Grays Chapel CME Church, Hudsonville, will be having Vacation Bible School and Revival June 4-6. Vacation Bible School will start at 5 p.m. and revival starts at 7 p.m. Reverend Brian Davis Sr. is the pastor.
•VBS First Baptist Church, Hickory Flat, will have Vacation Bible School, June 4-8 for ages nursery-sixth grade, 6-8:30 p.m. If you need a ride, call 662-333-7752. Pastor is Rev. Gary Linville.
• CELEBRATION The Relay for Life Planning Committee requests the honor of each and every cancer survivor at the Relay for Life Celebration at the Multi-Purpose Building, 6 p.m. If you know of any survivor who is new or not on our list, drop name and address by Carlisle’s Big Star or call Francis Thomas, 252-1133 or 544-5793. They will also be recognized at the Relay for Life June 8 at Sam Coopwood Park.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m. Special guests will be Vintage Soul of Memphis, Tenn. The sponsor is Charles Ambrose.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5 North, Lamar/Ashland. Featured singers will be Still Blessed, at 6:30 p.m. Fellowship meal will follow. Pastor Robert Buse invites everyone to attend.
• PANCAKE BREAKFAST sponsored by the Marshall County Humane Society, Saturday, 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the VFW.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will have a singing, featuring Picking Up The Pieces, at 5 p.m.
• FARMERS MARKET Holly Springs Main Street is sponsoring a Saturday Farmers Marker on the square in downtown Holly Springs. It will be held every Saturday until further notice. Jody James will provide live entertainment. Market operating hours are 7 a.m.-noon. For more information contact Lisa Liddy at 662-274-4083 or Lemon Phelps, 252-3541.
• MEETING The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 12:30-2 p.m.
• USHER DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 2 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Charles Gillispie and New Mt. Gillian Church.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY SERVICE The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C of Mt. Pleasant will have a Pre-Anniversary Service at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Supt. Robert Williams and The Williams Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Moscow, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM The Silver Stars, partnering with the Twilight Singers, will present a musical program, 6 p.m., at the Baptist Association Building on Cuba Street. Many groups and male choruses are invited. Free admission. There will be a cash giveaway. The public is invited. MC will be Betty Raimey.
• LOVE DAY Hudsonville CME Church will have their Pastor and Wife’s Lov Day honoring Bobby and Virginia Wilson at 11 a.m. Special speaker will be Bishop Thomas L. Brown Sr. Everyone is invited.
• VBS “Sky High” Vacation Bible School will be held June 11-15 at Friendship Assembly of God, 6-8 p.m. At Sky VBS, kids will discover that by trusting God everything is possible.
• VBS will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, 1593 Hwy. 309 N., June 11-15, 8:45 a.m.-1 p.m. The theme is “Amazing Wonders Aviation” and is available for kindergarten through sixth grade. For info. call 662-838-4377; or Anita at 901-485-9441.
• VBS will be held at Brookside Baptist Church from 9 a.m. -12 p.m. June 11-15. The church is located at 4993 Hwy. 302, Olive Branch. For more information contact 662-890-4069 or visit our website- www.brooksideob.com. Come join us for some great fun and fellowship!
• VBS Finley Grove Church will be having Vacation Bible School on June 11-June 15, 6-8 p.m. From kindergarten to adults - everyone is invited. Pastor James Green invites all.
• BYHALIA FESTIVAL, sponsored by the Byhalia Lions Club, will be held June 14, 15, and 16. There will be nightly entertainment, a rodeo, and a carnival. Gates will open at 5 p.m. For more info. call 662-838-2480.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT is a one night revival that will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be John Power, with the Jones Grove Church family. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr. The public is invited.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• SUPPER The Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, will hold a fellowship supper in the fellowship hall, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. The community is invited to attend. Come meet your neighbors and fellowship with one another and enjoy some good food.
• MEETING The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 12:30-2 p.m.
• ANNUAL FRIEND’S PROGRAM The Dynamic Angels invite all choirs, male choruses and groups to participate in the annual Friend’s Program at Rising Star M.B. Church, 6 p.m.
• VBS “No Friend Like Jesus – Get Connected,” is the theme for Vacation Bible School to be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 MLK Dr., June 25-29, 6-8:30 p.m. The Pastor is Rev. Denise A. Modest.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the late Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email email@example.com or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• USHER DAY will be held at St. Mark MB Church, Lake Center, at 3 p.m. Rev. Robert McClain and Rising Star will be the guests. Pastor Baily invites all.
• SPECIAL GUESTS First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant presents Carroll and Donna Roberson of Roberson Ministries in the morning service at 10:45 a.m. and evening service at 6 p.m. The church is located at 1450 Boswell Road, Hwy. 311, Mt. Pleasant.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page