Thursday, May 24, 2012
City police go to 174 calls
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department responded to 174 calls over the last two weeks, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
Calls were distributed as follows: disturbances, 17; alarms, 28; larcenies, 3; accidents, 8; assists to agencies, 6; domestic, 4; assaults, 1; funeral escorts, 2; burglaries, 8; 911 hang-ups, 2; auto thefts, 2; shots fired, 2; malicious mischief and miscellaneous, 87. The dog catcher answered 13 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, May 7
• disorderly conduct in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Charges were filed.
• identity theft in the 400 block of Gordon Drive.
• lost wallet in the 100 block of South Memphis Street.
• auto burglary in the 100 block of East College Avenue.
Tuesday, May 8
• grand larceny in the 100 block of N. Walthall Street.
Wednesday, May 9
• disturbance of family peace in the 200 block of Johnson Park. A juvenile was arrested and later released to mother.
• petit larceny in the 300 block of East Falconer.
• residential burglary/petit larceny in the 300 block of Moss Avenue.
Thursday, May 10
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• stalking in the 500 block of Van Dorn Avenue.
Friday, May 11
• auto burglary in the 300 block of West Street.
• shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. An arrest was made.
• suspicious subject in the 100 block of Heritage Drive.
• trespassing in the 400 block of Hudsonville Road.
Saturday, May 12
• false pretense in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• auto theft/grand larceny/malicious mischief in the 100 block of Clarice Drive. Truck was found later in the day.
• malicious mischief in the 300 block of Oakwood Cove.
• contraband in a correctional facility in the 800 block of West Street.
Sunday, May 13
• subject left purse in business in the 700 block of Highway 7 South. Purse was found and returned to owner.
Monday, May 14
• petit larceny in the 200 block of West Park Ave.
• residential burglary in the 200 block of McCoy Drive.
• residential burglary in the 100 block of Shadow Lane.
Tuesday, May 15
• residential burglary in the 300 block of South Chesterman Street.
Wednesday, May 16
• shoplifting in the 100 block of West College Avenue. An arrest was made.
• missing property in the 100 block of North Walthall Street.
• identity theft in the 200 block of West Elder Avenue.
Thursday, May 17
• malicious mischief on the square near College Avenue.
Friday, May 18
• false pretense in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• disorderly conduct in the 100 block of North Walthall Street. An arrest was made.
Saturday, May 19
• simple assault in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
Sunday, May 20
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of Randall Drive. Juvenile was detained and later released to father.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of Randall Drive. An arrest was made.
Officers made four felony arrests:
• Dustin McClusky, 31, of the Sunset Acres area, was arrested and charged with possession of schedule III, IV, or V drugs, with possession of marijuana in a vehicle, and with possession of paraphernalia, Norman said.
• James Sellers Jr., 30, of the 300 block of Highway 178 West area, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, Norman said.
• Darron Hunter, 19, of the 300 block of West Street, was arrested and charged with residential burglary, Norman said.
• Cassidy J. Moore, 24, of the Felix Road area in Red Banks, was arrested and charged with felony assault on a police officer, simple assault, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, driving while license suspended, no proof of liability insurance/ speeding/and seatbelt violation, Norman said.
Officers reported these additional citations: speeding, 3; no proof of liability insurance, 1; possession of marijuana, 2; improper parking, 2; driving while license suspended, 2; and no/expired driver’s license, 2.
The following misdemeanor arrests were made – contempt of court, 2; possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle/loud music/disorderly conduct, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 1; shoplifting, 2; no/expired driver’s license/no proof of liability insurance/speeding, 1; no/expired drivers license/no proof of liability insurance, 1; no/expired driver’s license/no proof of liability insurance/careless driving/DUI 2nd, 1; driving while license suspended/no proof of liability insurance/child restraint violation /no/expired tag, 1; driving while license suspended/no/expired tag/speeding, 1; trespassing/contempt of court, 1; disorderly conduct, 1; and disturbance of the family, 1 juvenile arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page