Thursday, January 12, 2012
Police go to 75 calls
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department answered 75 calls last week, according to interim chief John Norman.
They included the following – disturbances, 6; alarms, 11; larcenies, 1; accidents, 4; burglaries, 4; agency assists, 2; funerals, 4; auto thefts, 1; malicious mischief, 3; domestic, 3; run-away juvenile, 1; and 35 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher answered 12 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Jan. 2
• burglary in the 100 block of Honduras Street.
• grand larceny in the 400 block of Craft Street.
• attempted burglary in the 200 block of McCoy Avenue.
• telephone harassment in the 200 block of West Valley Avenue.
Tuesday, Jan. 3
• burglary in the 200 block of Walthall Street.
• sexual harassment in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
Wednesday, Jan. 4
• fraud in the 200 block of Johnson Park.
• threatening dog in the 30 block of Sunset Acres.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of Shelby Drive.
Thursday, Jan. 5
• malicious mischief in the 500 block of Highway 7 North.
Friday, Jan. 6
• grand larceny in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
Saturday, Jan. 7
• commercial burglary in the 100 block of North Walthall Street.
• attempted robbery in the 500 block of Highway 178 East.
Sunday, Jan. 8
• trespassing in the 200 block of Slayden Street.
• domestic disturbance in the 100 block of Crump Street.
• grand larceny/malicious mischief in the area of Hudsonville Road.
Officers made five felony arrests.
Jessica Jones, 22, of the 3500 block of Bryan Road, Michigan City, was arrested and charged with possession of contraband in a correctional facility, Norman said.
Rachael Anukam, 27, of the 200 block of Bicycle Road, Holly Springs, was arrested and charged with possession of contraband in a correctional facility, the chief said.
Ryan Henderson, 37, of 126 CR 1251, Booneville, and Carl E. Trout, 49, of 229 CR 1219, Booneville, were charged with grand larceny, Norman said.
Marcus Jefferson, 31, of the 2400 block of Moore Road, Red Banks, was arrested and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, DUI, speeding, and driving while license suspended, Norman said.
Officers wrote the following citations – no proof of insurance, 7; no/expired tag, 3; open container, 1; speeding, 25; possession of alcohol by a minor, 1; improper passing, 1; and other violations, 2.
The following misdemeanor arrests were reported: driving while license suspended, 2; driving while license suspended/no proof of insurance, 1; driving while license suspended/no proof of insurance/speeding, 1; driving while license suspended/speeding, 1; DUI refusal/no driver’s license and contempt of court, 1; failure to pay probation, 1; domestic violence/simple assault – three counts, 1; no driver’s license/speeding, 1; no/expired driver’s license/possession of paraphernalia, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 1; contempt of court, 1; possession of paraphernalia, 1; possession of marijuana in a vehicle, 1; possession of marijuana/possession of a controlled substance, 1; and possession of marijuana/contributing to the delinquency of a minor, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page