Thursday, January 12, 2012
Calendar of Events
conference Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold parent/teacher
conference on Wed., Jan, 11, from 2-6 p.m. The Parent Center on the
Intermediate School campus will be open until 6 p.m. The center serves
• THE JANUARY MEETING of the board of Trustees of the Holly Springs School District will be held in the Holly Springs High School Library, 165 North Walthall Street, 6 p.m.
• ALUMNI MEETING The Potts Camp FFA alumni meeting will be held at the Potts Camp School Ag building, 7 p.m.
PTA meeting Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its January PTA
meeting on Thurs., Jan. 12, at 5:30 p.m. in the library. Tammy Hampton,
• BENEFIT PROGRAM Members of the Adolphus Chapel Male Chorus and church family, the friends of Rust College and Holly Springs High School Class of ’79 will present a benefit program and fish fry for Mae Gill, beginning at 2 p.m. at the Holy Family gym. For more info. call 662-252-1612.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant, is hosting a benefit program for Glenda Echols, 7 p.m. Luecity Echols is the sponsor. For more information call Curesa Smith, 901-282-1862. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• ORDAINING SERVICES Hopewell No. 2 will hold service at 6 p.m. to ordain Minister Mary LeSueur and deacons in training Fred Crumb, Arthur Sellers Jr., and Shawn Lesure. Pastor Danny Kimbrough and congregation invite everyone to share in this service with us.
SINGING Marianna Baptist Church will host their second Saturday
singing. Food and fellowship will begin at 5 p.m. and singing will
start at 6:15. The featured group will be “Earmark.” Everyone is
invited to attend.
• Mass choir concert Jan. 15, Kimbrough Chapel Church, 3 p.m., with guest choir Jones Chapel Mass Choir from Grand Junction, Tenn. Host pastor, Rev. James W. Smith Jr.
• MEETING The West Holly
Springs Singing Union will be held at Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist
Church, located on Marianna Road, at 3 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev.
Van Rayford is union president; Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson is pastor.
The NAACP Marshall County Branch cordially invites you to attend the
27th annual commemoration of the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King
Jr., at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center located in Holly
Springs. There will be no charge for the breakfast. The speaker will be
Rev. Dr. Bessie Tables, pastor of New Hope MB Church in Waterford. For
more information call 662-216-3751.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
The annual meeting of the Marshall County Fair Association will be held
at 1569 Hwy. 7 North, 7 p.m. The meeting is open to the public. Anyone
interested in making the Marshall County Fairgrounds a success is
encouraged to attend.
• Movie Night at Mt. Pisgah CME Church featuring “Noah” will be held at 6 p.m. – $3 a ticket in advance or $5 at the door. For ticket information contact Elder Eddie Wilson or Linda Whitlock Wilson at 252-4706 or 601-731-8386 or 601-731-4934. Mt. Pisgah is located at 3877 Cayce Road.
ANNUAL PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at Community Temple, 9 a.m. For
more information call Pastor Frank Moore, 662-851-3388 or 851-0973. The
church is located off Mt. Zion Road.
• WORSHIP AND PRAISE at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N., 10:30 a.m. Featured singers will be Beyond the Ashes from Nashville, Tenn. We invite all youth groups to be a part. Wade Crum is pastor.
USHER DAY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their
annual Usher Day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Sylvester
Hamilton and Miracle Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Victoria. Everyone is
invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
Recruiting Drive for Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club, students ages 7 and 8,
will take place at the Marshall County Library on Tuesday, January 24,
• Relay For Life team
captain’s meeting will be held at the library, 5:15 p.m. All captains
please be present. If you are not able to attend send one of your team
members. If your team is not registered they can register then. The
committee will meet directly after at 6:15 p.m.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM Rising Star M.B. Church, located on Chewalla Lake Road, is presenting a musical program at 6 p.m. All choirs, gospel groups, and male choruses are invited to sing. The public is invited. Pastor is Robert McClain.
• PLAY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C.
of Mt. Pleasant is sponsoring the Gospel Play ‘Enough is Enough” at
the Harrell Threatre, 440 Powell Road, Collierville, Tenn., 7 p.m. For
ticket info. call Willanda Hearn, 901-864-6697; Jairus Leseur,
662-544-3859; or Stella Honor, 662-544-5816. Everyone is invited. Elder
Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
Pastor’s anniversary CELEBRATION Mt. Gilliam MB Church, Byhalia, will
celebrate the second anniversary of Pastor Calvin Rayborn Sr., 4 p.m.
Host pastor is Charlies Gillespie. Many guest groups are scheduled.
• BIBLE CLASS
Pleasant Hill CME Church will start a mid-day Bible class each
Wednesday beginning February 1, 11 a.m. Rev. Willie Hoey pastor invites
• BENEFIT PROGRAM
will be held for Clarence Woods who has kidney failure, 6 p.m., at
Providence Church. The host pastor is Alonzo Johnson, and sponsor is
The Stars of Faith. All choirs and male choruses are invited. For more
info. call Ed Hughe, 901-239-3021 or Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
Fish fry St. Jude Benefit Fish Fry will be held at Emory Independent
Methodist Church on Feb. 11, from 5-8 p.m.The plates are $10 for
adults, $5 for children and children six and under are free. The meal
includes Pride of the Pond catfish, slaw, french fries, hush puppies,
drink and homemade dessert. The Taylor Made band will perform during
the eating. Come bring your friends and help raise money for the kids
at St. Jude. Emory Independent Methodist Church is located on Holly
Springs Rd south of Byhalia near Watson.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Faithful Gospel Singers of New Albany will have a pre-anniversary program at Jones Grove Church, 7 p.m. There will be several groups and singers from around. M.C. will be Dave Glass. For more info. call Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at New Hope M.B. Church, 3120 Hwy.
310, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be MacArthur King and Jeffries Chapel MB
Church. Pastor is Dr. Bessie Tables. Sponsors are Anna L. Mitchell,
252-2028; or Ivory KaShun Kinard, 662-587-5035.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page