Thursday, May 10, 2012
City officers go to 110 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 110 calls last week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
Calls included the following – disturbances, 6; alarms, 26; larcenies, 2; accidents, 3; assists to agencies, 2; domestic, 4; assaults, 1; funeral escorts, 5; run-aways, 1; burglaries, 4; 911 hang-ups, 2; auto thefts, 1; shots fired, 2; and 51 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher responded to seven calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Tuesday, May 1
• child abuse report in the 500 block of Hudsonville Road.
• trespassing in the 800 block of West Street.
• ATM machine malfunction in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
Wednesday, May 2
• missing dog in the 200 block of South Memphis Street.
• residential burglary in the 500 block of Colonial Drive.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of Randolph Street.
• phone harassment and threat in the 200 block of Johnson Park.
Thursday, May 3
• larceny in the 300 block of Hill Street.
• cruelty to animals in the 300 block of Rencher Drive.
Friday, May 4
• aggravated assault in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• residential burglary in the 100 block of Burks Street.
Sunday, May 6
• auto theft in the 200 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• contraband in a correctional facility in the 800 block of West Street.
• lost wallet in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
Officers made the following felony arrests.
Annie Pearl Green, 34, of the 900 block of Mitchell Street, Yazoo City, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance in a correctional facility, Norman said.
Maurice Malone, 47, of the Hardaway Cove area, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell/possession of marijuana, Norman said.
Cortney M. Turner, 25, of the 2700 block of Lamar Road, Ashland, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, Norman said.
Officers reported the following citations – speeding, 4; disregard for traffic device, 1; no/expired tag, 2; no proof of liability insurance, 1; and possession of marijuana, 2.
The following misdemeanor arrests were made – contempt of court, 4; petit larceny, 1; driving while license suspended, 1; contempt of court/credit card fraud, 1; driving while license suspended/no proof of liability insurance/DUI refusal, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page