Thursday, May 3, 2012
Calendar of Events
• A special service will be held at the Comfort Suites Inn in Olive Branch on Parkwood Drive, 6:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Clinton Wilson. Program is sponsored by Kingdom Seekers Church of Byhalia.
• BIG YARD SALE and bake sale will be held at Wyatte Baptist Church, 30721 Hwy. 4 East, May 4-5. All proceeds are for our Operation Christmas Child Fund.
• Rummage sale, Watson Fire Dept., May 4-5, 8-2 p.m. Rain or shine! The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept. Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept., at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• Fundraiser First Baptist Church of Byhalia, 2555 Church Avenue, mission trip fundraising yard sale, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• 5K RUN/WALK The Town of Byhalia will have their 2nd annual 5K Run/Walk to raise money for the American Cancer Society. The run will begin at 9 a.m. at the gazebo on Brunswick. There is a $20 entry fee. Contact Town Hall for more details, 838-2135.
• LESSYE LEE DAVIS PARADE and activities will be held in Holly Springs beginning at 9:30 a.m. at the MI Campus. All schools, 4-H clubs, ball teams, dance teams, car clubs and cowboys are invited. For more information call 662-252-3232.
• BREAKFAST Christ New Beginning will be having a prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Pastor Arthur Fitchpatrick will be our guest speaker.
• Carnival for a Cancer Cure will be held at Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Road, 12 noon. There will be lots of fun, food and games for all ages. This is our fund-raiser for American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
• APOSTOLIC FAITH WORKSHOP will be held at Bountiful Blessings Ministries, 28 Tyro Road, 10 a.m. Speaker will be Mae L. Palmer.
• FUND-RAISER The Victoria VFD fund-raiser will be held 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Barbecue plates with hot wings, baked beans, French fries, slaw, dessert and drink will be available to eat in or take out for $7 a plate. Fire dues are due at this time. Annual dues can be made to the Citizens Bank, P.O. Box 88, Victoria, MS 38679.
• FELLOWSHIP The Divine Women of God of the Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, located at 3193 Marianna Road under the leadership of Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will have a women’s fellowship entitled “Women of the Bible,” 9 a.m.-12 noon. Brunch will be served.
• SINGING Mt. Calvary Church, 3993 Cayce Road, will have a gospel singing with the Hood Family from Ripley, 7 p.m. The public is invited.
• SINGING Chewalla Baptist Church will have their Saturday night singing with Still Blessed. Fellowship meal will be at 6 p.m., and singing at 7 p.m. Jimmy Curle is host pastor.
• CHURCH YARD SALE at Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, 6 a.m.-10 a.m.
• Hooping 4 Life, Saturday, May 5, 11 a.m. at the Holly Springs Multi-Purpose Building, Memphis Street, Holly Springs. Several basketball teams will be playing! Greaters ballers in the Mid South! Proceeds will benefit the “Be the Match” Foundation. Contact Mary LeSueur for additional information. See you there!
• SINGING! Red Banks Baptist Church will host the trio N-HIM at 5 p.m. The church is located one mile north of Hwy. 78 at Exit 21. For more information please visit the church’s website at www.wix.com/redbanksbc/home. Facebook keyword: redbanksbc. Bro. Jonathan Childress pastor. Bro. James Overton, minister of music. Everyone is invited to attend!
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING New Hope M.B. Church, Hwy. 310, Laws Hill, will have their annual homecoming at 2 p.m. Pastor William Woods Jr. and the East St. Peters M.B. Church from Abbeville will be the special guests. Dinner will be served.
• APPRECIATION Cornerstone Gospel Baptist Church, located in Byhalia, 57 Bubba Taylor Road, under the leadership of Pastor Norris Clark Sr. will be having their Pastor Appreciation, 2:30 p.m. Special guest will be Elder Hosea Wright from Zion Hill Community Church. Everyone is invited.
• CHOIR DAY will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 3 p.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• CELEBRATION True Vine M.B. Church will have their annual Twelve Tribes of Israel Celebration at 2 p.m. Elder A. Allen and The New Dimension Salt and Light Ministries will be special guests. Rev. Darrell Cunningham is pastor. The church is located at 525 West Street.
• ANNIVERSARY Providence MB Church will celebrate their Pastor and Wife’s 12th anniversary at 2 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Ronnie Franklin of Hebron MB Church. Everyone is invited. The church is located at 295 Withers Ave.
• Annual Choir Day will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor. Everyone is invited.
• The 143rd annual session of the HSMC Baptist Association will convene May 7-9 nightly at the Baptist Association Building at 6:45 p.m. nightly. Monday night, president Annie Spight will give her annual address. Ladies are to wear white. Tuesday night, Moderator Bowen will give his address and Wednesday night is youth night.
• BAKE SALE Beta Sigma Phi’s Annual Pre-Mother’s Day Bake Sale will be held in front of Century 21, on the square in Holly Springs beginning at 8 a.m. To pre-order a dessert call Tish at 551-0076; or Beth, 544-1816 or any other member. There will be delectable cakes, pies, homemade bread, pimento cheese and Mississippi caviar. All money raised will go to the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life in Marshall County.
• Gospel explosion - Mother’s Night Out, presented by Betty Raimey, at Providence MB Church, Holly Springs, 6 p.m., with many guest groups. Admission is free, the public is invited. A free gift will be given to the youngest and oldest mothers present.
• FAMILY REUNION will be held at the Benton Co. Agri-Center, 10 a.m. until. Family names include: Allen, Skelton, Byrd, Feathers, Bolden, Wilson, Thompson, Smith, Yager, Yeager, Pannell, McClure, Holmes, Rhea and Watkins. If you are related, you are invited. Bring your favorite dish and old family photos. Please come; we look forward to seeing you there.
• Women’s Day St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs, will have Women’s Day at 2:30 p.m. This program is sponsored by the Missionary Society. Rev. Doris Alexander and New Hope C.M.E. Church will be the guests. The public is invited. Rev. Tony Wilkins is pastor, Sis. Wanda McNeil is the missionary president. The theme is “Missionary Women on the Move for Christ.” Luke 9:1-6.
• Women’s Day will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 11 a.m. Sister Richardson is the guest speaker. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School Class of 1982 is planning their 30th reunion for May 25-27. Please contact committee members Patty (Foster) Robinson, 662-252-2921; Karen (Ratcliff) Morgan, 469-733-7960; Edith (Bridgeforth) Sims, 662-564-4200; Viera Roseburg, 601-316-7369; Claude Vinson, 901-212-9854; Anthony Anderson, 404-259-1258.
• ANNUAL MEN AND WOMEN’S Day Program will be held at Shady Grove CME Church, Hwy. 309 South, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Marco Finley and Hebron Chapel will be the guests. Rev. Cornelia Booker, pastor, invites everyone.
• HOMECOMING Newell Chapel CME Church, Victoria, will celebrate its homecoming at 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Willie Boyd Jr., pastor of Martin Temple CME Church, Memphis, Tenn. Pastor Charles LeSure invites everyone.
• BYHALIA FESTIVAL sponsored by the Byhalia Lions Club will be held June 14, 15, 16. There will be nightly entertainment, a rodeo, and a carnival. Gates will open at 5 p.m. For more info. call 662-838-2480.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the late Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email email@example.com or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page