Thursday, May 3, 2012
Police make burglary arrests
Holly Springs police officers answered 87 calls last week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
The calls included – disturbances, 7; alarms, 9; larcenies, 5; accidents, 4; assist to agencies, 1; domestic, 6; assaults, 1; malicious mischief, 2; funeral escorts, 5; run-aways, 1; burglaries, 2; 911 hang-ups, 2; auto thefts, 4; arson, 1; and 37 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher responded to 10 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, April 23
• simple assault in the 100 block of Wilson Avenue. Arrests were made.
• shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. An arrest was made.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of West Woodward Avenue. Charges were filed.
• malicious mischief in the 1300 block of Highway 7 North.
Tuesday, April 24
• malicious mischief in the 500 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
Wednesday, April 25
• stolen vehicle in the 500 block of J.M. Ash. Vehicle was later found to have been repossessed.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of Chesterman Street. Three arrests were made.
Thursday, April 26
• malicious mischief in the 200 block of North Memphis Street.
• simple assault by threat in the West College/NW Boundary Street area.
• lost property in the 700 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• trespassing in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• stolen vehicle in the 30 block of Sunset Acres.
Friday, April 27
• auto burglary in the 300 block of South Chesterman Street.
• simple assault in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
Saturday, April 28
• stolen license plate in the 100 block of Mason Avenue.
• arson in the 500 block of Colonial Drive. An arrest was made by arson investigator Tracy Jeffries.
• commercial burglary in the 900 block of Highway 7 South.
• shoplifting in the 100 block of Van Dorn Avenue. Charges were filed.
Officers made the following felony arrests.
Marvin Byers, 27, of the 3400 block of Marianna Road, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute/possession of cocaine/possession of paraphernalia/careless driving and driving while license suspended, Norman said.
Stephen Earl Crutcher Sr., 48, of the 900 block of Old Oxford Road, was arrested and charged with felonious failure to stop a motor vehicle when officer signals/no driver’s license/possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle and possession of burglary tools, Norman said.
Walter Holmes, 50, of the 1400 block of Hemlock, Memphis, Tenn., was arrested and charged with residential burglary, Norman said.
Brian King, 43, of the 1400 block of Hemlock, Memphis, Tenn., was arrested and charged with residential burglary, Norman said.
Calvin Williams, 20, of the 1300 block of Cummings, Memphis, Tenn., was arrested and charged with residential burglary, Norman said.
Officers reported the following citations – no/expired driver’s license, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 2; child restraint violation, 1; possession of marijuana, 1.
The following misdemeanor arrests were made; contempt of court, 2; shoplifting, 1; disorderly conduct, 1; possession of marijuana, 1; driving while license suspended/careless driving, 2; simple assault, 2; driving while license suspended/no proof of liability insurance/resisting arrest/failure to stop a motor vehicle when officer signals, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page