Thursday, April 26, 2012
Police go to 104 calls
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department answered 104 calls last week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
Calls included – disturbances, 8; alarms, 10; larcenies, 4; accidents, 5; assists to agencies, 4; domestic, 8; assaults, 3; malicious mischief, 1; shots fired, 1; funeral escorts, 4; run-aways, 2; burglaries, 1; and 53 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher answered 10 calls.
Officers filed the following reports:
Monday, April 16
• domestic violence/aggravated assault in the 200 block of West Woodward Avenue. An arrest was made.
• harassment in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Tuesday, April 17
• unruly juvenile in the 300 block of Oakwood Cove.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Craft Street. Charges were filed.
Wednesday, April 18
• petit larceny in the 300 block of Westridge Cove. Charges filed.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of West Van Dorn Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of Luton Cove.
Thursday, April 19
• petit larceny, trespassing/conspiracy to commit a crime in the 200 block of Shelby Drive.
• missing property in the 100 block of North Walthall Street.
• run-away juvenile in the 100 block of West Elder Avenue. Juvenile was located and case turned over to the Department of Human Services.
Friday, April 20
• possession of contraband in a correctional facility/aggravated assault in the 800 block of West Street.
• simple assault in the 100 block of Wilson Avenue. Charges were filed.
• lost wallet in the 600 block of Salem Avenue.
Saturday, April 21
• trespassing in the 400 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of Bonner Street. Both subjects were arrested.
Sunday, April 22
• malicious mischief in the 400 block of West College Avenue.
• possession of a controlled substance in the 800 block of West Street.
• missing juvenile in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue. Juvenile was later located by parents.
• Linda Campbell, 49, of the 200 block of Elder Avenue, was arrested and charged with domestic violence/aggravated assault, according to Norman.
• Shaniqua S. Berry, 21, of the 4000 block of Kimball Avenue, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell and with possession of drug paraphernalia, Norman said.
Officers reported the following citations – speeding, 3; no proof of liability insurance, 2.
The following misdemeanor arrests were made – contempt of court, 5; disorderly conduct/careless driving, 1; driving while license suspended/DUI 1st, 1; DUI 1st/no proof of liability insurance, 1; driving while license suspended/speeding, 1; disorderly conduct/public profanity, 1; and domestic violence/simple assault, 2.
The Holly Springs Police Department is assisting the Drug Enforcement Administration in its efforts to collect unused/disposable/expired prescription drugs. Outdated prescription medicines may be dropped off with the police department between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, April 28, at Walmart’s parking lot. For more info, call 800-882-9539 or visit www.dea.gov.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page