Thursday, April 19, 2012
City police go to 120 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 120 calls last week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
The calls included – disturbances, 23; alarms, 15; larcenies, 5; accidents, 5; assist to agencies, 8; domestic, 4; assaults, 1; stolen vehicle/joy riding, 1; malicious mischief, 2; shots fired, 1; funerals, 4; welfare checks, 1; and 50 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher answered nine calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, April 9
• simple assault by threat in the 100 block of North Randall Street. Charges were filed.
• leaving the scene in the 600 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Tuesday, April 10
• identity theft in the 500 block of J.M. Ash Drive.
• simple assault in the 200 block of Shelby Drive. Charges were filed.
Wednesday, April 11
• threat in the 300 block of West Falconer Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 300 block of West Ridge Cove.
• petit larceny in the 200 block of Bonner Street.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Thursday, April 12
• a fight in the 300 block of West Falconer Avenue.
• petit larceny in the 200 block of North Chesterman Street.
• burglary in the 800 block of West Street. Charges were filed.
Friday, April 13
• contraband in a correctional facility in the 800 block of West Street. Simple assault on a correctional officer. Charges were filed.
• a threat in the 100 block of North Walthall Street.
• simple assault in the 400 block of West College Avenue. Charges were filed.
Saturday, April 13
• counterfeit money in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• identity theft in the 300 block of West College Avenue.
• malicious mischief in the 400 block of North West Boundary.
• credit card fraud in the Chatham Heights area.
Officers made two felony arrests, Norman said.
Thaddeus Scales-Smith, 36, of 185 W. Woodward, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault/strong armed robbery, he said.
Frederick Campbell, 38, of the 2200 block of Highway 178 West, was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine with intent and with possession of a weapon by a felon, Norman said.
Officers reported the following citations for the week – speeding, 4; possession of marijuana, 1; open container, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 1; driving while license suspended, 2; no proof of liability insurance, 4; disregard for traffic device, 2; and improper equipment, 1.
The following misdemeanor arrests were made – contempt of court, 1; public drunk/resisting arrest, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 1; possession of marijuana, 1; possession of a controlled substance, 1; driving while license suspended/contempt of court/open container/improper equipment, 1; contempt of court/possession of marijuana 1st, 1; contempt of court/possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle/possession of drug paraphernalia, 1; driving while license suspended/open container in a motor vehicle/DUI 1st/disorderly conduct/seatbelt violation/no proof of liability insurance, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page