Thursday, April 19, 2012
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL Mt. Comfort CME Church will have a Spring Revival Wednesday, April 18, through Friday, April 20, 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor Deldrick LeaSure and the Cooper Chapel Church of Olive Branch will be the guests. Pastor Charles Penson invites everyone.
• CAMPOUT Royal Rangers Post 108 of Friendship Assembly of God is gearing up for the annual ranger campout and boys 8 and up are invited to come join the fun. Campers, with all their gear, will meet on church campus at 5 p.m. For more information, you can contact the church office at 662-838-4000. Senior commander Alan Rentz; commanders Mike Hodge, and Richard Woods. Boys 7 and under must be accompanied by their dad, grandfather or guardian.
• REUNION Descendants of William Vaughn Johnson and Inez Boswell Johnson will have a reunion at Spring Hill Baptist Church activities building on Bethlehem Road in Waterford. Bring your favorite food; drinks provided. Special speaking and music will follow lunch. Bring your lawn chairs. For more info. call Lynn Johnson Russom, 662-252-5846 or 629-0395.
• MEETING Marshall County Republican Club will meet at Marshall County Library at 10 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Young men’s mentoring brunch, will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 10 a.m. Guest speaker will be Bro. Herb Lance of Memphis, Tenn. All young males, ages 7 and up, along with their fathers and/or guardians, are encouraged to attend. Rev. Willie Hoey, host pastor.
• SUPER SUNDAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church beginning at 9 a.m. Rev. Roney Strong and New Independence Church and others will be guests. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr.
• MISSIONARY PROGRAM Hebron Chapel CME Church will have a Missionary Program hosted by Linda Mathis, 2 p.m. Pastor is Marco Finley. Guest speakers will be Tony Taylor. The church is located at 2827 Hernando Road, Holly Springs.
• ANNIVERSARY Hudsonville CME Church will celebrate their annual Male Choir Anniversary at 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to come enjoy with us.
• SPRING REVIVAL Calvary Baptist Church will have their Spring Revival, April 22-25, 7 p.m., Guests will be Bro. Steve McKee on April 22 and 23, Stacey McKee on April 24-25; songleader will be Ricky Clemmer and pianist will be Lisa Clemmer. Nursery available. The church is located on Hwy. 5, Lamar/Ashland.
• Friends and Family Day at Bell Grove MB Church 2:30 p.m. Rev. Barnes will be the guest speaker. Marvin Luther Sr., pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Pre-conference rally Rivers of Faith Ministries presents “Saving the Family” pre-conference rally at Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., 3 p.m. Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson is pastor. Guest church will be St. Paul MB Church in Byhalia, with guest speaker, Rev. Dr. Andrew Cheairs. The public is invited. For more info. call 662-252-7359, 662-216-0369.
• MISSIONARY PROGRAM will be held at Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Gwen Nelson and the Royston Chapel Church.
• REVIVAL Finley Grove MB Church will have youth revival April 24-26, 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor Ronnie Franklin will be guest speaker for the week. Everyone is invited. Pastor is James C. Green.
• The American Cancer Society Relay for Life Team Captain Meeting will be at the county library, 5:15 p.m.. The planning committee will meet at 6:15. If you want to be involved with Relay for Life, please meet with us. For more information contact Linda Wilson at 252-4706, 601-731-4934 or Connie Mason at 252-4835.
• Christ New Beginning MB Church announces they will be celebrating their Annual Ushers Day, 2:30 p.m. Pastor James Green and the Finley Grove family will be our guests. Everyone is invited.
• The St. Mary’s/CADET/Holy Family School 9th Grand Reunion will be held Labor Day weekend, August 31 through September 2, with Fish Fry, Friday, August 31, 6:30 p.m. (Holy Family School), Banquet, Saturday, September 1, 6 p.m. (Holy Family School) and Picnic, Sunday, September 2, 1 pm (Rayford picnic ground, MLK Drive). Alumni, former faculty and staff, please make plans to attend this Reunion of Reunions! For registration fees call Pat Boga, public relations, 901-292-0698 or Pearlie Turner Jones and Purvene Love Anderson, chairpersons or Clara Isom, principal at 662-252-1612. The next reunion meeting will be held Saturday, April 27, 12 noon at Holy Family School.
• Pictures Portrait Cafe pictures will be taken Friday and Saturday at Holly Springs Intermediate School. Friday pictures will be taken from 3-6 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m. till 6 p.m. These pictures are sponsored by Best Men/Best Friends group. They are $10 and you will receive one 8x10; two 5x7’s; and eight wallets.
• YOUTH CONFERENCE Greenfield Presbyterian Church of Waterford is hosting a youth conference, beginning at 8 a.m. Guest speaker will be the honorable United States Circuit Judge Bernice Bouie Donald. Free to all youth. We invite all adults to bring a child.
• Alumni meeting St. Mary’s, Cadet and Holy Family Catholic School alumni will meet at Pearlie Jones’, 12 noon. Bring a drink, sandwiches, a dish of your favorite recipe or buy something. If you can’t bring anything, come anyway; there will be plenty. Just show your face in the house! Directions, 662-252-5364 or 662-216-6898.
• CLUB MEETING The W.T. Sims High Class of 1967 Club will meet at the Pizza Hut, Hwy. 7 S., Holly Springs, 5 p.m. This is an important meeting, please attend. Chairman is James Alford.
• “A NIGHT OF MUSIC” 6:30 p.m., BridgeWay Baptist Church, Mt. Pleasant (next to Dollar General), featuring Randy Brown, one of Branson’s best pianists, The Chrisagis Brothers, and The Brown Family Singers. Call Gary Adams for more information, 662-544-1145.
• YOUTH DAY will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church beginning at 9 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• ANNUAL CHOIR DAY will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries at 2:30 p.m. The community is invited. Pastor is Tony Jeffries.
• Pastor Appreciation Byhalia Church of God, 2550 Hwy. 309 S. All are welcome. Pastor Billy Smith and Sis. Judy.
• FIRST LADY DAY The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual First Lady Day at 11 a.m. Special guests will be Evangelist Matthis of Cordova, Tenn., Pastor Curtis Pritchard Sr. invites everyone.
• Spring Musical Isaac CME Church, Byhalia, Hwy 309 S, will be having its annual spring musical and baby contest, the fifth Sunday in April, 2 p.m. Many choirs are invited. Host pastor, Willie Ward.
• ANNUAL PROGRAM Yarbrough Chapel CME Church will have their Annual Missionary Program at 3 p.m. The theme is “To God Be The Glory.” The guest speaker will be Evangelist Tahnee Craft from Mt. Moriah MB Church. The church is located at 2997 Old Hwy. 4 West. Pastor is Jerry L. Christian.
• MUSICIAN’S APPRECIATION will be held at Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Road, Holly Springs at 9:15 a.m. Pastor Cornelia Booker of Shady Grove CME Church will deliver the message and Dwight Mitchell will orchestrate the song serv ice.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM sponsored by the youth of Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, will be held at 2:30 p.m.
• BAKE SALE Trinity Mission Health and Rehab of Holly Springs Relay for Life Team will have a bake sale 9 a.m.-12 noon.
• A special service will be held at the Comfort Suites Inn in Olive Branch on Parkwood Drive, 6:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Clinton Wilson. Program is sponsored by Kingdom Seekers Church of Byhalia.
• 5K RUN/WALK The Town of Byhalia will have their 2nd annual 5K Run/Walk to raise money for the American Cancer Society. The run will begin at 9 a.m. at the gazebo on Brunswick. Deadline to enter is April 25, a $20 entry fee includes T-shirt. Contact Town Hall for more details, 838-2135.
• LESSYE LEE DAVIS PARADE and activities will be held in Holly Springs beginning at 9:30 a.m. at the MI Campus. All schools, 4-H clubs, ball teams, dance teams, car clubs and cowboys are invited. For more information call 662-252-3232.
• BREAKFAST Christ New Beginning will be having a Prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. Pastor Arthur Fitchpatrick will be our guest speaker.
• Carnival for a Cancer Cure will be held at Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Road, 12 noon. There will be lots of fun, food and games for all ages. This is our fund-raiser for American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
• APOSTOLIC FAITH WORKSHOP will be held at Bountiful Blessings Ministries, 28 Tyro Road, 10 a.m. Speaker will be Mae L. Palmer.
• SINGING! Red Banks Baptist Church will host the trio N-HIM at 5 p.m. The church is located one mile north of Hwy. 78 at Exit 21. For more information please visit the church’s website at www.wix.com/redbanksbc/home. Facebook keyword: redbanksbc. Bro. Jonathan Childress pastor. Bro. James Overton, minister of music. Everyone is invited to attend!
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING New Hope M.B. Church, Hwy. 310, Laws Hill, will have their annual homecoming at 2 p.m. Pastor William Woods Jr. and the East St. Peters M.B. Church from Abbeville will be the special guests. Dinner will be served.
• APPRECIATION Cornerstone Gospel Baptist Church, located in Byhalia at 57 Bubba Taylor Road under the leadership of Pastor Norris Clark Sr. will be having their Pastor Appreciation, 2:30 p.m. Special guest will be Elder Hosea Wright from Zion Hill Community Church. Everyone is invited.
• Gospel explosion - Mother’s Night Out, Providence MB Church, Holly Springs, Sun., May 13, 6 p.m. with many guest groups. Admission is free, the public is invited. A free gift will be given to the youngest and oldest mother present.
• Women’s Day St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs, will have Women’s Day on at 2:30 p.m. This program is sponsored by the Missionary Society. Rev. Doris Alexander and New Hope C.M.E. Church will be the guests. The public is invited. Rev. Tony Wilkins is pastor, Sis. Wanda McNeil is the missionary president. The theme is “Missionary Women on the Move for Christ.” Luike 9:1-6.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School Class of 1982 is planning their 30th reunion for May 25-27. Please contact committee members Patty (Foster) Robinson, 662-252-2921; Karen (Ratcliff) Morgan, 469-733-7960; Edith (Bridgeforth) Sims, 662-564-4200; Viera Roseburg, 601-316-7369; Claude Vinson, 901-212-9854; Anthony Anderson, 404-259-1258.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the late Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email email@example.com or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page