Thursday, April 12, 2012
Police respond to assaults
Holly Springs police officers responded to a total of 119 calls for the week, according to interim chief John Norman.
They included – disturbances, 11; alarms, 14; larcenies, 4; accidents, 4; agency assists, 9; domestic, 3; assaults, 3; burglaries, 1; stolen vehicle/joy riding, 1; malicious mischief, 1; 911 hang-up, 1; shots fired, 1; and 66 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher received 8 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, April 2
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 300 block of Peyton Road. Charges were filed.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of Peyton Road.
• simple assault in the 100 block of Chatham Heights.
Tuesday, April 3
• grand larceny in the 200 block of Shelby Drive.
• malicious mischief in the 400 block of Rencher Drive.
• credit card fraud report from Jonesboro, Georgia.
Wednesday, April 4
• simple assault in the 400 block of North West Boundary.
Thursday, April 5
• simple assault in the 600 block of West Lake Drive. Charges were filed.
Friday, April 6
• domestic violence/aggravated assault in the 1000 block of West Woodward Avenue. Charges were filed.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Weaver Drive.
Saturday, April 7
• petit larceny in the 300 block of East College Avenue.
• domestic dispute in the 100 block of Crump Street.
Sunday, April 8
• possession of a controlled substance in a correctional facility in the 800 block of West Street. Charges were filed.
• simple assault by threat in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Charges were filed.
• malicious mischief in the 200 block of Cuba Street. Charges were filed.
Officers reported the following citations – speeding, 1; possession of marijuana, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 1;
The following misdemeanor arrests were made – contempt of court, 1; contempt of court/simple assault, 1; public drunk, 1; disturbing the peace, 1; public drunk/disorderly conduct/public profanity, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 1; failure to obey police officer, 1; and DUI refusal/careless driving, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page