Thursday, April 12, 2012
Calendar of Events
• Book club The next meeting of the Snow Lake Book Club will be Wed., April 11, at 2 p.m. in the Landscape Society Room on the beach at Snow Lake. This month’s selection is ‘Everyday by the Sun’ by the late Dean Faulkner Wells - William Faulkner’s niece. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• REVIVAL A Holy Ghost-Filled Revival will be held at Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant April 11 through April 13, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be Elder Kenneth Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nevada. Pastor Curtis Pritchard invites all.
• 2012 WOMEN’S CONFERENCE will be held at Smith Grove MB Church, April 13-15. Registration begins at 6 p.m. April 13. Speaker will be Minister Rita Dudley-Jones. Registration is April 14 at 8 a.m. Speaker will be Dr. Ethel Young-Minor. There will be a conference fee. Conference will end with worship service at Smith Grove at 2 p.m. with Evangelist Shirley Phillips-Perpener.
• Rummage sale, Watson Fire Dept., 8-2 p.m. Rain or shine! Bag sale Fri. and Sat. The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept. Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept, at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• CONCERT Carey Chapel Baptist, 170 Carey Chapel Road, will host a Bluegrass Concert with “Delta Blue” at 6 p.m. Revival will begin April 15-18 with Bro. Jim Butler of Labelle Haven; Jack Childs, minister of music and Rose Marie Basden, pianist. Sunday at 5 p.m. will be “Meet and Greet Speaker” with finger food fellowship.
• Free throw championship St. Joseph’s 8760 of the Knights of Columbus will host the North Half Free Throw Championship at Holy Family gym, April 14, beginning at 11 a.m. Participants will be winners of local contests throughout the northern half of the state. All the champions of the local contests are eligible to participate. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Claude Vinson, 662-252-2567 or Victor Beard, 662-252-2018.
• Singing Rice Chapel, Hwy. 72, will have a singing with the featured group Crosstown Gospel. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Walter Myers is pastor.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church will be hosting their monthly singing. The featured group will be The Downs Family. Important Changes – The singing will start at 5 p.m. The food and fellowship will be during the break. (about 6:15) Everyone is invited! The church is located on Hwy. 309 South, one mile before Hwy. 4. For questions concerning the monthly singing you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Prayer Breakfast will be held at 7:30 a.m. hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. All men are invited to be here and take part in this great time. The church is located on Hwy. 78, take Victoria Exit 18, go right on Friendship Rd. half mile to entrance.
• TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL program will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest will be Thomas Lawrence of Hickory Grove Church, Coldwater. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• CONCERT Together for a great night of worship - Todd Agnew and Johnny Diaz will be in concert at The Byhalia United Methodist Church. The concert is free and will be held in The Flame, 2511 Church Street, beginning at 6 p.m. For more info. contact the church at 662-838-2237.
• WOMEN IN HATS and Men in Ties Program will be held at Strawberry MB Church, Hwy. 311, 3 p.m.
• CHOIR DAY Mt. Sinai MB Church, 1855 Mt. Sinai Road, Byhalia, will present Choir Day at 3 p.m. Host pastor is Chris Williams; choir president, Antonio Davis; mistress of ceremony is Betty Raimey. The public is invited.
• “A Healing From Heaven” Program will be held at Pleasant Grove M.B. Church, Red Banks, 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Ronnie Franklin from Hebron M.B. Church. Pastor S.A. Phillips invites all.
• SACRED MUSIC FESTIVAL will be held at Ashland United Methodist Church, 2 p.m. Local artists will be Catherine and Christian Feazell, Charles Lee Bell, Gary Adams from Bridgeway Baptist, and Lt. Frank Busby from Memphis Firefighters. Offerings accepted for St. Jude at the door.
• SPRING REVIVAL will be held at Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, April 15-18. Sunday morning service begins at 10:30 a.m., evening service at 6 p.m. and Monday-Wednesday, 7 p.m. Special guests will be Sammy Glass and family. For more info. call Liz Medlin 662-895-2608.
• PASTOR & WIFE’S ANNIVERSARY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 11 a.m. Rev. Willie Hoey and Pleasant Hill will be the guests. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr. and sponsored by Pastor-Aid Committee.
• USHER DAY St. Paul CME Church will have their usher ministry program at 11 a.m. Rev. Lacey E. Scott and Baptist Hill Church will be special guests. Pastor Tony Wilkins invites all.
• YOUTH & YOUNG ADULT DAY will be held at Mt. Comfort CME Church, 3 p.m. Rev. Charles Penson is pastor. Speaker will be Minister Anniyah LaFaith Pannell.
• STATE DRIVE Finley Grove MB Church will have their State Drive Program along with morning service at 10 a.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is James C. Green.
• Homecoming New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Road, Hwy. 72 Slayden, will have their annual Homecoming, Sunday, April 15. Featured group will be the Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn. Lunch will be served around 12 noon with singing to follow. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to come out and help them celebrate. Good food, fellowship and singing. Hope to see you there.
• “AftherShock” Youth will host fund-raiser lunch after the a.m. service at Friendship Assembly of God. Service begins at 10 a.m. Everyone is invited. The church is located on Hwy. 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd., half mile to entrance.
• DISTRICT MEETING Christ Temple COGIC, 210 West Park Ave., Holly Springs, will have the Holly Springs District #1 meeting, April 16-19. Supt. Albert Pass is the host pastor. Monday, Pre-Musical will begin at 7:30 p.m.; Tuesday - opening day of meeting, 12 noon/7 p.m.; Wednesday, Women’s Day, 12 noon/7 p.m., District Missy Ida Hamilton speaking; and Thursday, Official Day, 12 noon/7 p.m. with Albert Pass.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• REVIVAL Rising Star Church on Higdon Road will have spring revival April 18-20, 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Equator Benton from Believe In Faith Church. Host pastor is Robert McClain.
• Alumni meeting St. Mary’s, Cadet and Holy Family Catholic School alumni will meet at Pearlie Jones’, 12 noon. Bring a drink, sandwiches, a dish of your favorite recipe or buy something. If you can’t bring anything, come anyway; there will be plenty. Just show your face in the house! Directions, 662-252-5364 or 662-216-6898.
• CAMPOUT Royal Rangers Post 108 of Friendship Assembly of God are gearing up for the annual ranger campout and boys 8 and up are invited to come join the fun. Campers with all their gear, will meet on church campus at 5 p.m. For more information, you can contact the church office at 662-838-4000. Senior commander Alan Rentz, commanders Mike Hodge, and Richard Woods. Boys 7 and under must be accompanied by their dad, grandfather or guardian.
• REUNION Descendants of William Vaughn Johnson and Inez Boswell Johnson will have a reunion at Spring Hill Baptist Church activities building on Bethlehem Road in Waterford. Bring your favorite food; drinks provided. Special speaking and music will follow lunch. Bring your lawn chairs. For more info. call Lynn Johnson Russom, 662-252-5846 or 629-0395.
• MEETING Marshall County Republican Club will meet at Marshall County Library at 10 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Young men’s mentoring brunch, Sat., April 21, 10 a.m., at Pleasant Hill CME Church. Guest speaker will be Bro. Herb Lance of Memphis, Tenn. All young males, ages 7 and up, along with their fathers and/or guardians, are encouraged to attend. Rev. Willie Hoey, host pastor.
• SUPER SUNDAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church beginning at 9 a.m. Rev. Roney Strong and New Independence Church and others will be guests. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr.
• MISSIONARY PROGRAM Hebron Chapel CME Church will have a Missionary Program hosted by Linda Mathis, 2 p.m. Pastor is Marco Finley. Guest speakers will be Tony Taylor. The church is located at 2827 Hernando Road, Holly Springs.
• ANNIVERSARY Hudsonville CME Church will celebrate there Annual Male Choir Anniversary at 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to come enjoy with us.
• SPRING REVIVAL Calvary Baptist Church will have their Spring Revival, April 22-25, 7 p.m., Guests will be Bro. Steve McKee on April 22 & 23, Stacey McKee on April 24-25; songleader will be Ricky Clemmer and pianist will be Lisa Clemmer. Nursry available. The church is located on Hwy. 5, Lamar/Ashland.
• Friends and Family Day at Bell Grove MB Church 2:30 p.m. Rev. Barnes will be the guest speaker. Marvin Luther Sr., pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Pre-conference rally Rivers of Faith Ministries presents “Saving the Family” pre-conference rally at Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, pastor, on Sun., April 22, 3 p.m. Guest church will be St. Paul MB Church in Byhalia, with guest speaker, Rev. Dr. Andrew Cheairs. The public is invited. For more info. call 662-252-7359, 662-216-0369.
• REVIVAL Finley Grove MB Church will have youth revival April 24-26, 7 p.m. nightly. Pastor Ronnie Franklin will be guest speaker for the week. Everyone is invited. Pastor is James C. Green.
• YOUTH CONFERENCE Greenfield Presbyterian Church of Waterford is hosting a Youth Conference, beginning at 8 a.m. Guest speaker will be United States Circuit Court Judge Honorable Bernice Bouie Donald. Free to all youth. We invite all adults to bring a child.
• YOUTH DAY will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church beginning at 9 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• ANNUAL CHOIR DAY will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries at 2:30 p.m. The community is invited. Pastor is Tony Jeffries.
• Pastor Appreciation Byhalia Church of God, 2550 Hwy 309 S. All welcome. Pastor Billy Smith and Sis. Judy.
• FIRST LADY DAY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual First Lady Day at 11 a.m. Special guests will be Evangelist Matthis of Cordova, Tenn., Pastor Curtis Pritchard Sr. invite everyone.
• Spring Musical Isaac CME Church, Byhalia, Hwy 309 S, will be having its annual spring musical and baby contest the fifth Sunday in April, 2 p.m. Many choirs are invited. Host pastor, Willie Ward.
• SINGING! Red Banks Baptist Church will host the trio N-HIM on at 5 p.m. The church is located one mile north of Hwy. 78 at exit 21. For more information please visit the church's website at www.wix.com/redbanksbc/home. Facebook keyword: redbanksbc. Bro. Jonathan Childress pastor. Bro. James Overton, minister of music. Everyone is invited to attend!
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING New Hope M.b. Church, Hwy. 310, Laws Hill, will have their annual homecoming at 2 p.m. Pastor William Woods Jr and the East St. Peters M.B. Church from Abbeville will be the special guests. Dinner will be served.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School Class of 1982 is planning their 30th reunion for May 25-27. Please contact committee members Patty (Foster) Robinson, 662-252-2921; Karen (Ratcliff) Morgan, 469-733-7960; Edith (Bridgeforth) Sims, 662-564-4200; Viera Roseburg, 601-316-7369; Claude Vinson, 901-212-9854; Anthony Anderson, 404-259-1258.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the late Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email email@example.com or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page