Thursday, April 5, 2012
Police go to 105 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 105 calls last week and made one felony arrest, according to chief James Dean.
Calls included – disturbances, 12; alarms, 10; larcenies, 1; accidents, 4; agency assists, 4; domestic, 5; assaults, 2; burglaries, 4; funerals, 2; stolen vehicles, 2; welfare check, 1; malicious mischief, 1; 911 hang-up, 1; run-away, 1; robbery, 1; and 54 miscellaneous arrests. The dog catcher answered six calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Mar. 26
• possession of contraband in a correctional facility/possession of a controlled substance in a correctional facility. Charges were filed against an inmate in the Marshall County Correctional Facility in the 800 block of West Street.
• harassment in the 200 block of North Slayden Drive.
• shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• residential burglary in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Tuesday, Mar. 27
• marijuana on campus in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• assault in the 600 block of West Lake Drive.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of Withers Avenue.
Thursday, Mar. 29
• cyberstalking/e-mail threats and harassment in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• harassment at a place of business in the 800 block of Highway 178.
Friday, Mar. 30
• possession of a controlled substance in 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• domestic disturbance in the 200 block of North Memphis Street.
• run-away juvenile in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue. Juvenile was located within an hour.
• dispensing a controlled substance in the 800 block of West Street.
• scam text stating recipient had won a gift card from Walmart in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• simple assault in the 200 block of West Valley Avenue.
Saturday, Mar. 31
• malicious mischief in the 500 block of Craft Street.
Sunday, April 1
• aggravated assault/robbery in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• residential burglary in the 200 block of Elder Avenue.
• trespassing in the 100 block of Rust Avenue. An arrest was made.
• possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle/possession of drug paraphernalia in Sam Coopwood Park. Citations issued.
• possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle/loud music in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive. Citations issued.
Sammie Burton, 44, of the 2800 block of Semmes Street, Memphis, Tenn., was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of marijuana, Chief Dean said.
Officers reported the following citations – no proof of liability insurance, 3; disregard for traffic device, 2; speeding, 9; careless driving, 2; possession of a controlled substance, 5; no/expired driver’s license, 2; handicapped parking, 2; child restraint violation, 1; open container, 2; loud music, 2; driving while license suspended, 3; driving while license suspended (consent law), 1; possession of drug paraphernalia, 2; and other violations, 2.
Officers made the following misdemeanor arrests – contempt of court, 3; possession of marijuana in motor vehicle, 1; public drunk, 1; DUI 1st. 1; trespassing, 1; no/expired driver’s license/speeding, 1; and possession of marijuana/loitering, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page