Thursday, March 22, 2012
Holly Spring police respond to 79 calls
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department responded to 79 calls last week and made two felony arrests, according to chief James Dean.
Calls included the following – disturbances, 4; alarms, 11; larcenies, 2; accidents, 4; assists to agencies, 3; domestics, 5; assaults, 2; burglaries, 2; funerals, 6; auto burglary, 1; shots fired, 1; murder, 1; and 37 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher responded to 11 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Mar. 12
• commercial burglary in the 400 block of Craft Street.
• commercial burglary in the 1600 block of Crescent Meadow Drive.
• simple assault in the 100 block of Sharon Heights.
Tuesday, Mar. 13
• grand larceny in the 1300 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 400 block of Moss Avenue. Charges were filed.
Wednesday, Mar. 14
• auto burglary in the 100 block of Shadow Lane.
• identity theft in the 300 block of West Street.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of South Maury Street. Charges were filed.
• aggravated assault in the area of North Center Street. An arrest was made.
Thursday, Mar. 15
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of West Valley Avenue.
• aggravated assault in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue. Charges were filed. Complainant was arrested on aggravated assault charge from the previous night.
Friday, Mar. 16
• domestic violence/simple assault at the intersection of Highway 178 East and East Boundary. Charges were on file at the police department and an arrest was made.
Saturday, Mar. 17
• embezzlement and receiving embezzled goods in the 200 block of Mary Rhea Drive. Charges were filed.
Sunday, Mar. 18
• murder in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• aggravated assault on a police officer and failure to stop a motor vehicle in the area of Stewart Street.
• threat in the 700 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Two felony arrests were made.
Stephanie Turnage, 33, of the 200 block of Murdock Road, Holly Springs, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, Dean said.
Jeremy McFaddan, 19, of the 100 block of West Park Avenue, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell, he said.
Officers reported the following citations: no proof of liability insurance, 7; disregard for traffic device, 4; speeding, 12; no/expired tag, 1; careless driving, 1; possession of a controlled substance, 1; open container, 1; child restraint violation, 1; loud music, 2; no/expired driver’s license, 1; no parking zone, 1; handicapped parking, 2; shooting firearm within city limits, 1; improper turn, 1; other violations, 1.
The following misdemeanor arrests were made – contempt of court, 3; domestic violence/simple assault, 2; malicious mischief, 1; contempt of court/possession of marijuana, 1; no/expired driver's license/careless driving/no proof of liability insurance/contempt of court/speeding, 1; driving while license suspended/no proof of liability insurance/ no tail lights/DUI 2nd, 1; possession of marijuana 3rd/careless driving/no proof of liability insurance/no driver’s license, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page