Thursday, January 5, 2012
Calendar of Events
•Singing Holly Hill Baptist Church, 7 p.m., refreshments at 6. The Barnette Family will be singing. Pastor Robert Seal and congregation invite everyone to attend.
• MEETING CHANGE Instead of the first Sunday of the month, the Shriner’s Post 250 will have their regular meeting at 5 p.m. on the second Sunday.
• Installation service will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 11 a.m. The pastor is James W. Smith Jr.
• THE JANUARY MEETING of the board of trustees of the Holly Springs School District will be held in the Holly Springs High School Library, 165 North Walthall Street, 6 p.m.
•Benefit program for Sis. Glenda Echols, hosted by Mt. Sinai COGIC and sponsored by Evangelist Luecity Echols, Sat., Jan. 14, 7 p.m. For more info. call Sis. Curesa Smith, 901-282-1862. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Mass choir concert Jan. 15, Kimbrough Chapel Church, 3 p.m., with guest choir Jones Chapel Mass Choir from Grand Junction, Tenn. Host pastor, Rev. James W. Smith Jr.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• The annual meeting of the Marshall County Fair Association will be held at 1569 Hwy. 7 North, 7 p.m. The meeting is open to the public. Anyone interested in making the Marshall County Fairgrounds a success is encouraged to attend.
• WORSHIP AND PRAISE at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N., 10:30 a.m. Featured singers will be Beyond the Ashes from Nashville, Tenn. We invite all youth groups to be a part. Wade Crum is pastor. January 28
• MUSICAL PROGRAM Rising Star Church are presenting a musical program at 6 p.m. The public is invited. For more info. call Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• Pastor’s anniversary celebration Mt. Gilliam MB Church, Byhalia, will celebrate the second anniversary of Pastor Calvin Rayborn Sr., 4 p.m. Host pastor is Charles Gillespie. Many guests groups are scheduled. Free admission.
• BIBLE CLASS Pleasant Hill CME Church will start a midday Bible class each Wednesday beginning February 1, 11 a.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Faithful Gospel Singers of New Albany will have a pre-anniversary program at Jones Grove Church, 7 p.m. There will be several groups and singers. M.C. will be Dave Glass. For more info. call Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page