Thursday, January 5, 2012
Police make three felony arrests
Holly Springs police officers took 112 calls last week, according to interim chief John Norman.
They included – disturbances, 7; alarms, 23; larcenies, 1; accidents, 11; burglaries, 5; assists to agencies, 2; funerals, 6; auto thefts, 2; malicious mischief, 3; assaults, 1; domestic, 3; 911 open line/hang-up, 6; and 42 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher answered eight calls.
Officers filed the following reports:
Friday, Dec. 23
• domestic violence/aggravated assault in the 200 block of West Elder Street.
• domestic incident in the Industrial Park Road area.
Monday, Dec. 26
• residential burglary in the 300 block of West Street.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of Jarrott Street.
• credit card fraud in the 300 block of Pegues Street.
Thursday, Dec. 29
• trespassing in the 1200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• trespassing in the 200 block of North Memphis Street.
Friday, Dec. 30
• malicious mischief in the 300 block of West Valley Street.
Saturday, Dec. 31
• loud party in the 100 block of Clarice Drive.
• identity theft in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
Sunday, Jan. 1
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 400 block of Peyton Road.
• auto burglary in the 200 block of Smith Trailer Park.
• malicious mischief in the 600 block of South Chesterman Street.
Officers made the following felony arrests Chief Norman said.
• Jermika C. Trotter, 23, of the 1000 block of Highway 4 West, charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of paraphernalia.
• Joanna B. Isom, 24, of the 1000 block of Highway 4 West, charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and with possession of paraphernalia.
• Anthony D. Greer, 34, of the 400 block of Coopwood Drive, charged with possession of schedule III, IV and V drugs, with failure to yield to blue lights and with driving while license is suspended.
Officers reported these citations for the week – no proof of liability insurance, 14; disregard for traffic device, 4; no/expired tag, 5; open container in vehicle, 3; reckless driving, 1; speeding, 10; expired/no driver’s license, 3; possession of alcohol by a minor, 1; loud music, 1; possession of controlled substance, 2; improper passing, 1; and other violations, 1.
Officers made the following misdemeanor arrests – driving while license suspended, 2; driving while license suspended/failure to yield to blue lights, 1; driving while license suspended/disorderly conduct, 1; DUI refusal/driving while license is suspended/disobeying a police officer/contempt of court, 1; failure to appear, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 1; DUI, 2; disorderly conduct, 1; public drunk/indecent exposure, 1; indecent exposure, 1; and leaving the scene of an accident, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page