Thursday, March 3, 2011
Holly Springs police respond to assault, business burglary
Holly Springs police officers responded to 65 calls last week, according to chief Robert Pearson.
Categories were – disturbances, 6; assaults, 1; alarms, 9; accidents, 3; larcenies, 5; medical assists and assists to sheriff’s department, 2; auto thefts, 3; funerals, 1; 911 hangups, 3; burglaries, 3; malicious mischief, 1; and miscellaneous, 28.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Feb. 21
• a false pretense was reported when a Tupelo resident’s stolen debit card was used at several convenience stores in Holly Springs.
• a suspect was arrested and charged with shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• a subject was presented with a court summons on a shoplifting charge following a shoplifting report in the 100 block of Spring Street.
Tuesday, Feb. 22
• a patient was returned to the family without incident when officers performed a welfare stop of an Alzheimer patient in the Highway 178 West area.
Wednesday, Feb. 23
• a domestic threat was reported in the 100 block of Park Avenue.
Thursday, Feb. 24
• an aggravated assault was reported in the 200 block of MLK Drive. Charges are pending.
• burglary was reported in the 200 block of Walthall Street. No signs of forced entry were found.
• a larceny was reported in the 100 block of Walthall Street when money was taken from a purse. No charges have been filed.
Friday, Feb. 25
• a stolen vehicle was reported in the 400 block of Industrial Park. Vehicle was later found to be a repossessed auto.
Saturday, Feb. 26
• a commercial building was burglarized in the 400 block of Highway 178 East. The front window was broken to gain entry.
Sunday, Feb. 27
• a wallet stolen out of a vehicle in the 800 block of West Street was later reported found by the owner.
• an incident of fraud was reported in the 1200 block of Highway 7 North when stolen checks were cashed at a convenience store.
Officers reported these additional activities – speeding, 3; disregard for traffic device, 3; no/expired tag, 2; no proof of liability insurance, 1; no driver’s license, 1 arrest; driving while license suspended, 2 arrests; possession of paraphernalia with driving without a license, 1 arrest; simple assault, 1 arrest; contempt, 8 arrests; DUI 1st, 1 arrest; and theft of utilities, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page