Thursday, February 24, 2011
Holly Springs police respond to assaults, disturbances, more
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department responded to 108 calls last week, according to chief Robert Pearson.
The calls fell into the following categories – disturbances, 14; assaults, 4; alarm calls, 8; accidents, 13; larcenies, 6; medical assists and assists to Marshall County Sheriff’s Department, 3; domestics, 2; auto theft, 2; shots fired, 2; funerals, 1; malicious mischief, 2; 911 hangups, 3; shots fired, 2; and miscellaneous, 47.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Feb. 14
• a person was charged with exhibiting a weapon in the 100 block of West Park Street. Individual aimed a rifle at a resident. Subject was arrested on unrelated charges and the victim also filed a charge.
• a shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Subject removed an MP3 player and UBS charger out of its packaging and put them in his pocket. Juvenile was detained, charged and released to his mother.
Tuesday, Feb. 15
• an aggravated assault was reported on North Center Street in the alley. Victim was transported to The Med in Memphis and suspect was charged.
• a family disturbance was reported in the 1400 block of Highway 311. Suspect was arrested and charged for disorderly conduct.
• a resident in the 100 block of Ford Street reported four tires had been damaged. The matter is under investigation.
• officers responded to a medical assistance call in the 1100 block of Highway 311 North. Subject was transported to Alliance HealthCare.
• an aggravated assault was reported on West College Avenue. The incident took place during an argument over gambling. Incident is under investigation.
Friday, Feb. 16
• charges were filed in a petit larceny taking place in the 400 block of Rencher Drive.
• an assault was reported in the 200 block of N. Memphis Street. Charges were pressed.
• a forgery was reported in the 100 block of S. Memphis Street. Case is under investigation.
• a subject was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor in the 400 block of West College Ave.
• a simple assault was reported in the 100 block of Sunset Acres. Charges were filed.
Thursday, Feb. 17
• a malicious mischief and domestic violence/simple assault were reported in the 100 block of Pinewood Drive. Charges were filed.
• a malicious mischief was reported in the 600 block Highway 7 South.
• a domestic violence/simple assault was reported in the 100 block of North Memphis Street. An arrest was made.
Friday, Feb. 18
• a simple assault was reported in the 300 block of MLK Drive.
• an assault was reported in the 100 block of Walthall Street. A juvenile was arrested and released to family.
• a disturbance was reported in the 700 block of Strickland Drive.
• a disturbance was reported in the 200 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• a lost wallet was reported in the Craft Street area. Wallet was later turned in at police department.
• a domestic violence/simple assault was reported in the 200 block of MLK Drive. An arrest was made.
Saturday, Feb. 19
• a petit larceny was reported in the 200 block of North Memphis Street.
• a run away of a 16-year-old was reported in the 600 block of MLK Drive. Juvenile returned home the next day.
• a motorcycle was reported stolen and later recovered.
• a domestic violence/simple assault was reported in the 100 block of South Chesterman. Charges were filed.
Two felony arrests were made for the week.
Derrick Jackson, 32, of 480 West Street, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, Pearson said. Also, Jesse Jones 27, of 308 Oakwood Cove was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, he said.
Other activities included - speeding, 1; disregard for traffic device, 1; expired driver’s license, 1; no/expired tag, 1; no proof of insurance, 7; no driver’s license, 3 with arrests; driving while license suspended, 3 with arrests; assault, 3 arrests; contempt, 9 arrests; domestic violence/simple assault, 4 arrests; trespassing, 1 arrest; possession of marijuana, 1 arrest; disorderly conduct, 1 arrest; possession of paraphernalia, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page