Thursday, February 17, 2011
Police investigate stolen cars; two found
Holly Springs police officers took 86 calls last week, according to chief Robert Pearson.
Those included – disturbances, 10; assaults, 2: alarms, 9; burglaries, 2; accidents, 7; fights, 3; larcenies, 1; medical and assists to sheriff’s office, 4; domestics, 1; auto theft, 4; shots fired, 1; loud music, 1; welfare check, 1; and miscellaneous, 40.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Feb. 7
• a domestic assault in the 100 block of Shelby Drive. Charges were filed.
• a trespasser in the 900 block of Mackie Drive and possession of paraphernalia. One arrest was made.
• a case of malicious mischief in the 100 block of West Woodward. A tire was slashed. No charges were filed.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
• a grand larceny in the 200 block of East Van Dorn. A 16-foot trailer with a bicycle and scrap iron load was stolen. The case is under investigation.
• a juvenile was arrested for possession of marijuana in the 100 block of North Walthall. Juvenile was released to family.
Wednesday, Feb. 9
• a domestic assault in the 500 block of Robindale Lane. Charges were filed.
Thursday, Feb. 10
• a threat was reported in the 300 block of Hill Street. No charges were filed.
Friday, Feb. 11
• a stolen vehicle in the 100 block of Van Dorn Avenue. Vehicle was later recovered on Highway 7 South near Wall Doxey State Park by sheriff’s deputy.
• responded to 500 block of J.M. Ash Drive and determined it to be a civil matter.
Saturday, Feb. 12
• a malicious mischief was reported in the 100 block of South Memphis Street. An antenna was broken off a vehicle during an altercation. No charges were filed.
• a vehicle which had been left running outside a victim’s business was stolen in the 500 block of West Street. It was later found at Bana Easy Stop (formerly Owens Grocery) with keys locked inside. Investigation is ongoing.
Sunday, Feb. 13
• a vehicle was stolen in the 100 block of Whaley Drive. The black 2003 Audi A4 was left unlocked. Theft is under investigation.
Sunday, Feb. 13
• a malicious mischief was reported in the 100 block of Clarice Drive. The back window of a parked vehicle was broken out. No charges have been filed.
• an incidence of domestic violence was reported in the 200 block of South Chesterman. No charges were filed.
• a person was reported missing in the 400 block of NW Boundary Street.
• a juvenile was arrested in the 300 block of MLK Drive on charges of possession of marijuana and later released to the family.
Officers arrested Kerry T. Reliford, 31, of the 4800 block of Highway 4 East and charged the suspect with possession of contraband in a correctional facility, Pearson said.
Additional police activities were – disregard for a traffic device, 1; seatbelt, 1; no/expired tag, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 1; no driver’s license, 4 with arrests; driving while license suspended, 1 with arrest; assault, 1 arrest; contempt of court, 3 arrests; domestic violence/simple assault, 1 arrest; trespassing, 1 arrest; possession of marijuana, 1 arrest; DUI, 1 arrest; phone harassment, 1; public drunk, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page