February 10 2011
Calendar of Events
• PTA meeting Holly Springs Intermediate School, Feb. 10, 5:30, in the library. All parents are urged to attend.
• GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP North Mississippi Hospice sponsors a grief support group that meets every month. Azalea Gardens in Oxford is the setting for the 12 noon meeting. For more information call 662-234-0140 or toll free at 877-234-0104.
• Fish fry, Emory Independent Methodist Church, 872 Watson Rd., Byhalia, with all proceeds going to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Fish served from 5-8:30 p.m. with music by The Rewind Band. Everyone is invited.
• Scripture service Free Branch MB Church, will host a Holy Scripture Cake Service, Feb. 12, 6 p.m. Several pastors and ministers will be speaking. Sponsored by Bro. Anthony Jones. Rev. Joe Tunstall, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Prayer breakfast Ark of Safety Ministries will host a Valentine prayer breakfast, Sat., Feb. 12, 8 a.m. For more info. call the church, 662-551-1500, Yoland, 901-848-6070 or Mychal, 662-252-9643.
• Pre-Valentine breakfast The Adult Ministry at Anderson Chapel CME Church will host their annual Pre-Valentine breakfast on Sat., Feb. 12 at 9 a.m. The speakers are Minster Thomas and Sister Lucille Jordan. For further info. please call 662-252-1938.
• VALENTINE BANQUET will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6 p.m. State Drive will be held on Sunday, Feb. 20, 11 a.m. and Black History Program on Sunday, Feb. 27, 11 a.m.
• CLASS REUNION MEETING The Byhalia High School class of 1986 has begun planning their 25th class reunion. The next reunion meeting will be held at McAlister’s in Olive Branch, 1 p.m. All class members are invited to attend. You may email your contact information to email@example.com.
• Singing Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, will have a singing Sunday, February 13, featuring The Masters Quartet. Singing begins 11 a.m until. Will break for lunch from 12 to 1. Bro. Justin Haynes and congregation invite all to attend.
• Farmers market recruitment meeting will be held at 7 p.m., Feb. 14 at the Beckley Center, across from Rust College. Free and open to the public to recruit local growers for this spring’s farmers market on the courthouse square. Guidelines and applications. Sponsored by Main Street. The event is free but please RSVP to Marshall Co. Extension at 662-252-3541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Love banquet Strawberry M.B. Church hosts First Ladies’ Love Banquet to honor all pastors’ wives at Rust College Shaw Cafeteria, 6 p.m. There is no fee for first ladies; other guests are asked for a $20 donation. For reservations and tickets call Mary ‘Pie’ Brown, 252-1217; Bessie Cowan, 252-3645; Lena Howell 551-1109; or the church office 252-5997, between 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Fashion show The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant youth department presents a fashion show “Rip the Run Way, Christ Way,” 6 p.m. Please contact Komiko Williams at 901-859-2956 if you would like to participate. Tickets are $2. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., Feb. 19, 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
• Black history program, Church of Christ in Wall Hill, Feb. 19, 5 p.m. Bro. Oscar Dorsey, minister.
• WILD GAME SUPPER will be held at Red Banks Baptist Church, 6 p.m. Dr. Ken Hester will be the guest speaker.
• SWEETHEART CORONATION The Isom Chapel CME Church will celebrate its first ever Sweetheart Coronation at 6 p.m. in the fellowship hall. All are welcome, Rev. Joe T. Lester is pastor. Contestants include: DeMarco Taylor Jr., Aleeyah Beard, Kamyah Gatewood, Ivy Nabors, Jaylen Sims, Zykia McKinnie, Saniya Hughes and Gerry Kimble Jr.
• Black History Program, St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs, Sunday, February 20, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey and Pleasant Hill CME Church will be the guests. The public is invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• PLAY Mt. Pisgah CME Church presents “In the Midst of it All,” a play by Cassandra Moore Ellis, Sunday, February 20, at 3 p.m. Mt. Pisgah is located at 3877 Cayce Road. Come one and all. Elder Eddie Wilson is the pastor.
• A NIGHT OF PRAISE will be held at New Dimension, 7 p.m. with the Rust College BSU Choir , recording artist James Ramsey of Oxford, Salt & Light Minister of Music, Bro. Darrel Mason and Kendrick King and New Dimension Praise Team. Special guest MC will be Eloise McClinton, executive director of ICS.
• Youth day The Mt. Sinai COGIC, of Mt. Pleasant, will have their annual Youth Day Program at 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Thomas Trent and the Rehoboth Urban Outreach Ministries of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at Free Branch MB Church, 11 a.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Tyrone Miller. J.L. Tunstall is pastor.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at Hebron Chapel CME Church, 2 p.m. The theme is “Out of Bondage.” The guest speaker will be Minister Jonathan Toles of The New Nonconnah Baptist Church of Memphis, Tenn. Sponsor is Lillian Cochran Smith. Pastor is Marco Finley.
• Singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church on March 5, at 7 p.m. featuring the Williams Family. Located on Cayce Rd., 1/2 mile south of Goodman Rd. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• BENEFIT Free Branch M.B. Church will host a benefit program for Deacon Robert Tucker, 6 p.m. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall. The community is invited.
• MUSICAL SUNDAY Jones Grove Church hosts a musical Sunday with Bogard Bros. of Memphis, Tenn., the Stars of Faith of Holly Springs and others, 6 p.m. Larry Gatewood is the sponsor. Host pastor is Rev. John Powell. The public is invited.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page