Thursday, December 29, 2011
Police respond to 50 calls
Holly Springs Police officers responded to 50 calls for the week, according to interim chief John Norman.
The calls included – disturbances, 4; alarms, 8; larcenies, 2; accidents, 2; burglaries, 2; agency assists, 1; domestic, 3; 911 open line/hang-up, 3; and 25 miscellaneous calls.
The dog catcher responded to six calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Dec. 19
• subjects left scene after vehicle ran into a house in the 100 block of Sanders Avenue.
• petit larceny in the 200 block of West Street.
• lost/stolen wallet in the 300 block of Cedar Hills Road.
Tuesday, Dec. 20
• I.D. theft in the 500 block of Melody Drive.
• armed robbery in the 300 block of Van Dorn.
Wednesday, Dec. 21
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 400 block of Hudsonville Road.
• utility theft in the 200 block of Memphis Street.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of West College Avenue.
• disturbance of the family in the 100 block of Josey Street.
Thursday, Dec. 22
• residential burglary in the 700 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• trespassing in the 200 block of Butler Street.
Officers made the following felony arrests.
Boyce O. Waller, 40, of the 100 block of Maury Street, was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine with intent and possession of paraphernalia, Norman said.
Clevester Turnage, 26, of the Karen Cove area, was arrested and charged with auto burglary, he said.
Holly Springs police officers reported the following citations – no proof of insurance, 1; disregard for traffic device, 1; no/expired tag, 2; seatbelt violations, 1; open container in vehicle, 3; careless driving, 1; and other violation, 1.
Officers made the following misdemeanor arrests – driving while license suspended, 1; contempt of court, 5; and domestic violence/simple assault, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page