Thursday, December 22, 2011
Calendar of Events
• Santa Claus is coming to the Eddie L Smith Multi-Purpose Center on Wednesday, December 21, at 6 p.m. for children 10 and under. For more information please call 662-252-4807.
• “Old Fashioned Christmas” Friendship Assembly of God in Victoria invites you to come and join in an evening of caroling in the Byhalia and Victoria communities. There will be hot cocoa, sounds of Christmas cheer and laughter of children as we serenade the community with songs of the season. Holiday trailer of carolers will be leaving the church at 6 p.m.
• MEETING CHANGES Team captain’s meeting for Relay For Life will meet at 5:15 p.m. The committee will meet afterward at 6:15 p.m. Please be present.
• Christmas Eve by Candlelight, “Home for Christmas,” will be held at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch. Featured singer is Memphis-based singer, songwriter, and recording artist, Dani McCulloch, along with communion, Christmas music and the story of Christ’s birth. Pastor Doug Bell invites everyone to come and celebrate.
• CHRISTMAS PROGRAM will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, 4 p.m. Pastor Tracy Jeffries invites everyone.
• EARLY MORNING SERVICE will be held at Finley Grove Church, Hwy. 7 North, on Christmas morning at 7 a.m. James C. Green, pastor, invites everyone.
• CHRISTMAS SERVICES will be held at Hudsonville CME Church beginning at 8 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• CHRISTMAS SERVICES will be held at Mighty God Ministries of Victoria on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day beginning at 9 a.m. The public is cordially invited to attend.
• Christmas Day Service will be held at Grays Chapel CME Church in the Hudsonville Community starting at 8 a.m. Reverend Brian Davis, Sr., is pastor.
• Christmas Services will be held at Friendship Baptist Church, old Hernando Road at 12 noon. Everyone is invited.
• WORSHIP SERVICE will be held at Providence M.B. Church, 295 Withers Ave., 8:30 a.m. Sunday School is cancelled. Pastor is Alonzo Johnson.
• WATCH NIGHT SERVICE will be held at Clear Creek Baptist Chuch, 7 p.m.-12 p.m. Special singers will be The Water Valley Echoes. Come enjoy the fellowship and food.
• WATCH SERVICES Hudsonville CME Church will combine Saturday Night Watch Services with Sunday’s New Year’s Day morning services beginning at 10 p.m. Holy Communion will be served at midnight. For more information call 252-1515, Bobby G. Wilson.
• Watch Night Service will be held at Grays Chapel CME Church in the Hudsonville Community starting at 10 p.m. Reverend Brian Davis, Sr., is pastor.
• Watch Night New Hope Baptist Church, Valentine Road, Slayden will be having their Watch Night Service Saturday night, Dec. 31, starting at 8 p.m. There will be no special singing group, just anyone who wants to sing. A fellowship supper will be served. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend.
• Watch Night Services will be held at Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, 7 p.m. to midnight. Bro. Jay Knight, Bro. Rob Chittom, Bro. Lance Pickens and Bro. Justin Haynes will be guests. A meal, special music and fireworks will be part of the service. Justin Haynes, pastor, invites all.
• NEW YEAR’S EVE Watch Night Service will be held at Davis Temple Church, 635 West St., Holly Springs, 9 p.m. Special speakers will be Elder Eddie Barns, Ricky Gordon and Evanglist Shirley Pickens. Come enjoy a free hot breakfast after service. Everyone is welcome. Call Elder Robert Davis, host pastor, at 662-512-8514 for more info.
• Watch Night Services Hopewell No. 2 M.B. Church will combine Saturday Night Watch Services with Sunday’s New Year’s Day morning services beginning at 10 p.m. Breakfast will be served after services. Come out and get fed spiritually and physically. Pastor Danny Kimbrough and congregation invites everyone.
• WATCH NIGHT SERVICE will be
held at Providence M.B. Church, 295 Withers Ave., 8:30 p.m. Featured
will be The Stars of Faith, Mallory Boys, Providence Mass Choir, Hudson
Singers, Adolphus Male Chorus, Strawberry M.B. Church Choir, Strawberry
Male Chorus and a host of many more.
•Singing Holly Hill Baptist Church 7 p.m., refreshments at 6. Barnette family will be singing. Pastor Robert Seal and congregation invite everyone to attend.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road.
For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page