Thursday, December 15, 2011
Calendar of Events
• CELEBRATION The Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church located at 3193 Marianna Road will be having their Annual Pre-Christmas Celebration at 7 p.m. Rev. Roger Daniel and the Antioch Missionary Baptist Church will be the special guests.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. New members are always welcome.
• Friendship Christian Academy presents its annual Christmas presentation “A Charlie Brown Christmas” with the grand finale “O Glorious Day,” at 6:30 p.m. Come early for seating. This year the students will help bring joy to your heart as they perform.
• CELEBRATION Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce invites all members, staff, friends and family to the 2011 Christmas Celebration, 5 p.m.-7 p.m. There will be complimentary hors d’oeuvres and beverages at the Marshall County Historical Museum, 220 East College Ave. For more information call 662-252-2943.
• Feed the need Christmas dinner, “Indeed we ‘feed the need,’ Homeless Project, Christmas Dinner 2011” Sat., Dec. 17, 1-4 p.m. in the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building. Please feel free to make a donation or volunteer your time. Holiday food items and utensils are needed. For more info. call Felicia Jeffries, 662-544-5805; email@example.com.
• Benefit program Reids Gift M.B. Church will host a benefit program for Emmie Sykes of the Great Wings of Joy on December 17, at 6 p.m.
• Christmas banquet Pleasant Hill CME Church, will hold their annual Christmas gala at Mt. Pisgah CME Church in Cayce, 7 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. Ladaryl Odum of St. Mark MB Church in Collierville, Tenn. Tickets and info. available from any church member. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Caroling will be held at 2 p.m. followed by a soup and sandwich supper in the Emory Independent Methodist Church Family Life Center at 5 p.m.
• AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God presents “Believe” at 10 a.m. during morning service. Everyone is welcome! The church is located on Interstate 78 – take Victoria Exit 18, go right on Friendship Rd., half a mile to entrance.
• Music for Christmas, an original work by Zebedee Jones, will be presented at 6 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, 225 W. College Ave., by the Community Choir. Admission is free; light refreshments with singers will follow the performance.
• DEDICATION Yarbrough Chapel CME Church will have a Fellowship Hall Dedication Service in honor of Rev. Q.H. Whitlock, 11 a.m. Special speaker will be Bishop Thomas L. Brown Sr. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Rev. Jerry Christian Jr., and sponsor is Albert Sims.
• MUSICAL The Music Ministry of Red Banks Baptist Church will present the 2011 Christmas Musical, “Celebrate the Day,” 5 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend. The church is located one mile north from Exit 21 on U.S. 78. Bro. Jonathan Childress is pastor; and Bro. James Overton is minister of music.
• The annual Christmas program worship service will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 6 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Robert Bowers and the True Vine Faith MB Church. Service will not be held Sunday, Dec. 25. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor. Everyone is invited.
• “Old Fashioned Christmas” Friendship Assembly of God in Victoria invites you to come and join in an evening of caroling in the Byhalia and Victoria communities. There will be hot cocoa, sounds of Christmas cheer and laughter of children as we serenade the community with songs of the season. Holiday trailer of carolers will be leaving the church at 6 p.m.
• Christmas Eve by Candlelight, “Home for Christmas,” will be held at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch. Featured singer is Memphis-based singer, songwriter, and recording artist, Dani McCulloch, along with communion, Christmas music and the story of Christ’s birth. Pastor Doug Bell invites everyone to come and celebrate.
• Captain’s meeting Marshall County American Cancer Society Relay For Life Team captains’ meeting will be at the county library, 5:15 p.m. If you would like to form a team or just want more information, please meet with us. Maybe you don’t want to have a team but you want to help in other ways – you meet the committee at 6:15 p.m. For more information contact Linda Whitlock Wilson at 252-4706 or 601-731-4934. You can e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Connie Mason at 662-252-4835.
• EARLY MORNING SERVICE will be held at Finley Grove Church, Hwy. 7 North, on Christmas morning at 7 a.m. James C. Green, pastor, invites everyone.
• CHRISTMAS SERVICES will be held at Hudsonville CME Church beginning at 8 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• CHRISTMAS SERVICES will be held at Mighty God Ministries of Victoria on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day beginning at 9 a.m. The public is cordially invited to attend.
• WATCH NIGHT SERVICE will be held at Clear Creek Baptist Chuch, 7 p.m.-12 p.m. Special singers will be The Water Valley Echoes. Come enjoy the fellowship and food.
• WATCH SERVICES Hudsonville CME Church will combine Saturday Night Watch Services with Sunday’s New Year’s Day morning services beginning at 10 p.m. Holy Communion will be served at midnight. For more information call 252-1515, Bobby G. Wilson.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road.
For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page