Thursday, February 3, 2011
Police investigate assaults, shoplifting
Holly Springs police officers responded to 91 calls for the week ending January 30, up from 71 calls the prior week, according to chief Robert Pearson.
Calls included the following – miscellaneous, 46; disturbances, 6; assaults, 4; alarms, 10; funerals, 9; burglaries, 2; accidents, 3; fights, 3; medical assists, 1; domestics, 4 and 911 hangups, 3.
Officers responded to the following incident reports:
Monday, Jan. 24
• a verbal altercation in the 1100 block of Highway 311.
• a burglary in the 700 block of Govan Avenue. Nothing was reported missing.
• a simple assault in the 200 block of West Valley Street. Charges were filed.
Tuesday Jan. 25
• a telephone harassment in the 100 block of Rust Avenue. No charges were filed.
• a disturbance of the family peace in the 100 block of South Chesterman Street. An arrest was made on the scene.
Wednesday Jan. 26
• a theft of utilities in the 500 block of Brick and Tile Road. Case is under investigation.
Thursday Jan. 27
• a shoplifting report in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. A Pioneer car stereo was removed from packaging and taken by a male subject. Charges were filed.
• a shoplifting report in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. A cell phone was removed from packaging and taken from a business by a male subject. Case is under investigation.
• a report of a missing FedEx package in the 200 block of West Elder. Incident is under investigation.
• an assault on a correctional officer in the 100 block of West Street. Charges were filed.
• a simple assault in the 400 block of Craft Street. Charges were filed.
• an aggravated assault in the 100 block of North Memphis Street. An arrest was made on the scene.
Saturday, Jan. 29
• a threat in the area of the “alley” (North Center Street).
• a domestic assault in the 200 Block of North Memphis Street.
• a debit card found in the 100 block of Clarice Drive.
Sunday, Jan. 30
• a shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Subject had hidden a car stereo in his clothing and left the store. Subject was apprehended and presented with a summons to appear in court.
• a domestic assault in the 400 block of Rencher Drive.
Officers made one felony arrest for the week. Lewis Nunnally, 60, of 114 Wilson Avenue, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, Pearson said.
Officers reported these additional activities – contempt, 4 arrests; resisting arrest and disturbance of the family peace, 1 arrest; driving while license suspended, 1 arrest; public drunk, 1 arrest; aggravated assault, 1 arrest; and disregard for traffic device, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page