February 3, 2011
Calendar of Events
• PTA meeting Holly Springs Jr. and High School, Feb. 3, 5 p.m. in the high school library. All parents are encouraged to attend.
• VICTORY CHURCH MOVIE NIGHT will be held at 7 p.m. The movie will be “Passion of Christ.” Homemade stew, desserts and drinks will be served. Everything is free and everyone is invited. The church is located at 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park. Call Jim Ferguson at 901-487-8758 or Melvin Shackelford, 901-831-7623.
• Musical program Rising Star MB Church, Feb. 5, 6 p.m. All choirs and groups are invited to render a selection. Pastor Robert McClain.
• Ribbon cutting Mt. Ollie MB Church family cordially invites everyone to their ribbon cutting and grand opening of the new church, 2923 Hwy. 349 S., Potts Camp, Sat., Feb. 5, 2 p.m. Pastors, Rev. Clinton Knox and Rev. Anthony Marion.
• Free seminar Mt. Moriah Men of Faith Ministry, 3193 Marianna Rd., will host a seminar “Steps In The Right Direction,” Sat., Feb. 5, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Light breakfast and lunch will be served. Free to the public -- men, women and children are all invited. Pastor, Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson.
• FIRST WORSHIP SERVICE Opulent Life Church, 619 Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs, behind Popeye’s Chicken will have their first worship service with Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and worship service at 10:45. www.opulentlife.org.
• Reunion meeting The Sandflat and H.W. Byers Alumni and School 53rd Reunion meetings will be each first Monday at the H.W. Byers School library 7 p.m. President is R.B. Redd.
• PTA meeting Holly Springs Intermediate School, Feb. 10, 5:30, in the library. All parents are urged to attend.
• Fish fry, Emory Independent Methodist Church, 872 Watson Rd., Byhalia, with all proceeds going to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Fish served from 5-8:30 p.m. with music by The Rewind Band. Everyone is invited.
• Scripture service Free Branch MB Church, will host a Holy Scripture Cake Service, Feb. 12, 6 p.m. Several pastors and ministers will be speaking. Sponsored by Bro. Anthony Jones. Rev. Joe Tunstall, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Prayer breakfast Ark of Safety Ministries will host a Valentine prayer breakfast, Sat., Feb. 12, 8 a.m. For more info. call the church, 662-551-1500, Yoland, 901-848-6070 or Mychal, 662-252-9643.
• Singing Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, will have a singing Sunday, February 13 featuring The Masters Quartet. Singing begins 11 a.m until. Will break for lunch from 12 to 1. Bro. Justin Haynes and congregation invite all to attend.
• Farmers’ market recruitment meeting will be held at 7 p.m., Feb. 16 at the Beckley Center, across from Rust College. Free and open to the public to recruit local growers for this spring’s farmers’ market on the courthouse square. Guidelines and applications. Sponsored by Main Street. Open to the public.
• Love banquet Strawberry M.B. Church hosts First Ladies’ Love Banquet to honor all pastors’ wives at Rust College Shaw Cafeteria, 6 p.m. There is no fee for first ladies; other guests are asked for a $20 donation. For reservations and tickets call Mary ‘Pie’ Brown, 252-1217; Bessie Cowan, 252-3645; Lena Howell 551-1109; or the church office 252-5997, between 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Fashion show The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant youth department presents a fashion show “Rip the Run Way, Christ Way,” 6 p.m. Please contact Komiko Williams at 901-859-2956 if you would like to participate. Tickets are $2. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., Feb. 19, 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
• Black history program, Church of Christ in Wall Hill, Feb. 19, 5 p.m. Bro. Oscar Dosey, minister.
• Black History Program, St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs, Sunday, February 20, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey and Pleasant Hill CME Church will be the guests. The public is invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, Pastor.
• Youth day The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have their annual Youth Day Program at 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Thomas Trent and the Rehoboth Urban Outreach Ministries of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page