Thursday, December 8, 2011
Holly Springs police respond to 89 calls
Holly Springs police officers took 89 calls last week, according to interim chief John Norman.
One felony arrest was made.
The calls fell into the following categories – disturbances, 8; funerals, 1; alarms, 17; larcenies, 1; accidents, 8; burglaries, 6; assists to agencies, 2; domestics, 4; malicious mischief, 2; 911 hang-ups 3; auto theft, 1; checks on shut-ins 1; and 35 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher answered 5 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Nov. 28
• shoplifting in the 100 block of West College Avenue.
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of East Boundary Avenue.
• grand larceny/auto theft in the 100 block of Randall Drive.
• malicious mischief in the 200 block of Crestview Drive.
Tuesday, Nov. 29
• residential burglary in the 200 block of Ridgecrest Drive.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of Rolfing Road.
Friday, Dec. 2
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• false reporting of a crime in the 300 block of East Van Dorn Avenue.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of West Chulahoma Avenue.
Saturday, Dec. 3
• possession of contraband in a correctional facility.
• simple assault on a police officer in the area of Memphis Street and downtown square.
Sunday, Dec. 4
• residential burglary/grand larceny in the 300 block of Withers Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of West Woodward Avenue. One arrest was made.
Officers made one felony arrest. Jennifer R. Frazier, 35, of CR 760, Corinth, was arrested and charged with possession of contraband in a correctional facility, Norman said.
Officers reported the following citations – no proof of insurance, 1; driving while license suspended, 1; disregard for traffic device, 1; no/expired tag, 2; no/expired driver’s license, 1; and careless driving, 2.
The following list of misdemeanor arrests were reported – driving while license suspended, 2 arrests; DUI, 1 arrest; contempt, 1 arrest; public drunk, 3 arrests; resisting arrest, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 1 arrest; no driver’s license/simple assault/malicious mischief, 1 arrest; disturbance of the peace, 2 arrests; simple assault, 1 arrest; simple assault, 1 arrest; public drunk/disorderly conduct/resisting arrest/simple assault on a police officer, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page