Thursday, December 1, 2011
City police go to 76 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 76 calls last week, according to interim chief John Norman.
The calls included the following categories – disturbances, 8; funerals, 5; alarms, 8; larcenies, 3; accidents, 3; burglaries, 8; assaults, 1; assists to agencies, 4; domestics, 3; malicious mischief, 1; 911 open line, 1; auto theft, 1; and 30 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher answered 10 calls.
Police filed the following reports:
Monday, Nov. 21
• shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• residential burglary in the 500 block of Highway 178 West.
Tuesday, Nov. 22
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• simple assault in the 200 block of West Elder Avenue.
Wednesday, Nov. 23
• petit larceny in the 700 block of Evangel Road. Four arrests were made.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the area of West Street.
• residential burglary in the 200 block of South Chesterman Street.
Thursday, Nov. 24
• residential burglary in the 100 block of Sunset Acres.
• domestic violence/simple assault and disturbing the family peace in the 200 block of Treasure Drive.
• simple assault in the 300 block of Cuba Street.
• simple assault in the 300 block of West Street.
Friday, Nov. 25
• disturbing the family peace in the 100 block of Southern Circle.
• commercial burglary in the 200 block of East College Avenue.
Saturday, Nov. 26
• disturbing the family peace in the 300 block of Rolfing Road.
• residential burglary in the 200 block of Greenbriar Circle.
• joy riding in the 200 block of Mitchell Road.
• grand larceny/auto theft in the 300 block of West Van Dorn Avenue.
Holly Springs officers reported these citations – speeding, 2; no proof of auto insurance, 3; driving while license suspended, 3; disregard for traffic device, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 2; careless driving, 1; other violations, 5.
Officers reported the following misdemeanor arrests – no driver’s license, 1; driving while license suspended, 2; DUI/disorderly conduct/driving while license suspended, 1; contempt, 1; public drunk, 1; disorderly conduct, 2; shoplifting, 1; domestic violence/simple assault/disturbance of the family peace, 1; petit larceny, 4; disturbance of the family peace, 1; public drunk/disorderly conduct/indecent exposure/malicious mischief, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page