Thursday, December 1, 2011
Calendar of Events
• PARADE The Holly Jolly Christmas Parade sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce will begin at 5 p.m. Lineup will be at 3 p.m., judging at 4 p.m. Rain date will be Monday, December 5. For more information or to participate call the HS Chamber, 662-252-2943.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Lamar-Ashland, Dec. 3, 6:30 p.m. with The Men of Music. Fellowship follows.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY The Dynamic Angels will be celebrating their 21st pre-anniversary at Jones Grove MB Church, 7 p.m. Host pastor is John Powell. We invite all groups and choirs to render an A and B selection.
•Breakfast with santa Holly Springs Primary parent liaison, Mamie Byers, will host Breakfast with Santa, Saturday, December 3, 9 a.m. Parents and students attending Holly Springs Primary School are invited. Appreciation breakfast served and gift bags for children provided.
• CRAFTS FAIR Brookside Baptist Church will have a Christmas Craft Fair, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., 4993 Hwy. 302, Olive Branch. Vendors can set up booths for $50. For more information call 662-890-4069.
• DETOX TOUR Brookside Baptist Church will have a Detox Tour, 7 p.m. Special performances by Purebreed, D3, Unique and many more. For more information call 662-890-4069.
• YARD SALE Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church will have a yard sale 8 a.m.-1 p.m., in the fellowship hall. Look for signs at Hwy. 311 and Mt. Pleasant.
• Concert Fellowship Baptist Church will be hosting the Kingsmen Quartet from Ashville, NC, 5 p.m. No admission; a love offering will be taken. Church is located on Hwy. 309, three miles north of Byhalia. For information or directions please contact: Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773, or Bubba Feathers, 901-497-8337.
• Christmas music program will be held at Emory Independent Methodist Church, 11 a.m.
• ANNIVERSARY The Dynamic Angels will be celebrating their 21st anniversary at Rising Star M.B. Church, 6 p.m. Host pastor is Robert McClain. We invite all groups and choirs to render an A and B selection.
• ONE YEAR New Dimension Church Family will be celebrating one year at their new location, 565 Neely Ave., 3 p.m. Speaker will be Pastor Patterson of Saulsberry, Tenn. For more information contact Carol Whaley, 216-6044; or Cathie Gray 544-0979.
• 100 Men in Black Mighty God Ministry, Sun., Dec. 4, 2:30 p.m. at Kimble Chapel Church, along with pastor, J.W. Smith.
• Fellowship program Hebron MB Church, in Lamar, and pastor Ronnie Franklin, will host their annual Benevolent Fellowship program, Sun., Dec. 4, 6 p.m. Guest soloist, along with Hebron mass, male and youth choirs. Everyone is invited. Sis. Ida Patrick, sponsor and organizer of the program.
• Benefit program Chulahoma MB Church, for Marsha Newsom on Sun., Dec. 4, 3 p.m. She is a 2011 flood victim. All choirs, male choruses, groups and soloists are invited to participate. Donations are appreciated. For more info. call Leslie King Jr., 901-596-6527.
• PARADE The Potts Camp Christmas Parade will be held. For more info. and forms, call the Potts Camp Town Hall, 662-333-7285.
• Dinner The Humane Society will be having their annual Christmas pot luck dinner on Tuesday, December 6, at 6 p.m. at the adoption center. This will take the place of our regular meeting. Guests are most welcome to attend. For any further information, please call 662-564-2900.
• Pathway to Jesus, December 8, 9, 10, BridgeWay Baptist Church with support of Barton First Baptist and the community are creating an interactive trip through Bethlehem to the nativity. Admission is free but tickets are necessary. The tours will be at 6, 7 and 8 p.m. each evening. Contact 901-619-6125 or firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets; 107 Taska Road, Mt. Pleasant area, next to the Dollar General.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. New members always welcome.
• A Christmas Tea will be held from 2-4 p.m. at the Victoria United Methodist Church. All are invited to attend.
• BREAKFAST Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church will have Breakfast with Santa, 8:30-11 a.m. Call for reservations, Rev. Ray Branch, 662-541-1442. Everyone is invited and everything is free.
• CLOTHES & KINDNESS DAY Grays Chapel C.M.E. Church will be sponsoring its first “Clothes & Kindness” event, December 10 starting at 9 am. This event offers free clothing to the public. A hot meal of chili, beef stew or soup with cornbread will be served starting at 11 a.m. The church address is 3682 Hudsonville Road and the phone number is 662-252-9090. The church is located off Highway 7 in Hudsonville. Please contact the church on the day of the event for directions.
• APPRECIATION SERVICE The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have an appreciation service for assistant pastor and his wife, Raymond and Jorena Pritchard, 3 p.m. Guests will be Elder Napoleon LeSeuer and the Tabernacle of Prayer Overcoming Salt and Light Ministries of Holly Springs. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• The Teen Challenge of MS has been selected to be the recipient of “Share Our Joy.” The families of Friendship Assembly of God began this campaign many years ago and have been blessed to be a part of bringing joy to others each Christmas season. If you would like to join others in an effort of bringing an evening of Christmas cheer, contact the church office at 662-838-4000 for more information.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. New members are always welcome.
• Friendship Christian Academy presents their annual Christmas presentation “A Charlie Brown Christmas” at 6:30 p.m. Come early for seating. This year the students will help bring joy to your heart as they perform.
• Feed the need Christmas dinner, “Indeed we ‘feed the need,’ Homeless Project, Christmas Dinner 2011” Sat., Dec. 17, 1-4 p.m. in the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building. Please feel free to make a donation or volunteer your time. Holiday food items and utensils are needed. For more info. call Felicia Jeffries, 662-544-5805; email@example.com.
• Caroling will be held at 2 p.m. followed by a soup and sandwich supper in the Emory Independent Methodist Church Family Life Center at 5 p.m.
• AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God presents “Believe” at 10 a.m. during morning service. Everyone is welcome! The church is located on Interstate 78 – take Victoria Exit 18, go right on Friendship Rd., half a mile to entrance.
• Music for Christmas, an original work by Zebedee Jones, will be presented at 6 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, 225 W. College Ave., by the Community Choir. Admission is free; light refreshments with singers will follow the performance.
• “Old Fashioned Christmas” Friendship Assembly of God in Victoria invites you to come and join in an evening of caroling in the Byhalia and Victoria communities. There will be hot cocoa, sounds of Christmas cheer and laughter of children as we serenade the community with songs of the season. Holiday trailer of carolers will be leaving the church at 6 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery.
If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page