Thursday, November 24, 2011
Calendar of Events
• THANKSGIVING SERVICE will be held at Kimbrough Church, 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Charles Gillespie and New Mt. Gillian Church.
• THANKSGIVING PROGRAM St. Matthew’s Baptist Church, Byhalia, will have a Thanksgiving program, 9 a.m. Rev. Ronnie Strong will be the guest pastor.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church beginning at 3 p.m. The community is invited.
• LOVE DAY Bell Grove, Tyro Road in Chulahoma’ will have their Pastor’s Love Day for servant Marvin Lucas Sr. at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Mark Davis and Wyatt Community Church. Everyone is invited.
• PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having a Twelve Tribes of Israel program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Rev. Arthur Fitchpatrick and the New Way of Living M.B. Church of Memphis, Tenn., and the Concord M.B. Church of Slayden. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Prtichard Sr.
• DINNER There will be a fourth Sunday dinner following church service at 12 p.m, held at the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church. Everyone is invited. We would be happy to have you join us for church service at 11 a.m. if you are able; if not come for lunch.
• ADVENT AND HANGING OF THE GREENS SERVICE will be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church at 6 p.m. The Rev. Eddie J. Wilson and Mt. Pisgah CME Church of Cayce, is the guest church. Cub Scout Pack #68 will be our special guests. The community is invited to come and worship with us. Rev. Denise Anders-Modest, pastor.
• PARADE The Holly Jolly Christmas Parade sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce will begin at 5 p.m. Lineup will be at 3 p.m., judging at 4 p.m. Rain date will be Monday, December 5. For more information or to participate call the HS Chamber, 662-252-2943.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Lamar-Ashland, Dec. 3, 6:30 p.m. with The Men of Music. Fellowship follows.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY The Dynamic Angels will be celebrating their 21st pre-anniversary at Jones Grove MB Church, 7 p.m. Host pastor is John Powell. We invite all groups and choirs to render an A and B selection.
•Breakfast with santa Holly Springs Primary parent liaison, Mamie Byers, will host Breakfast with Santa, Saturday, December 3, 9 a.m. Parents and students attending Holly Springs Primary School are invited. Appreciation breakfast served and gift bags for children provided.
• Concert Fellowship Baptist Church will be hosting the Kingsmen Quartet from Ashville, NC, 5 p.m. No admission; a love offering will be taken. Church is located on Hwy. 309, three miles north of Byhalia. For information or directions please contact: Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773, or Bubba Feathers, 901-497-8337.
• Christmas music program will be held at Emory Independent Methodist Church, 11 a.m.
• ANNIVERSARY The Dynamic Angels will be celebrating their 21st anniversary at Rising Star M.B. Church, 6 p.m. Host pastor is Robert McClain. We invite all groups and choirs to render an A and B selection.
• ONE YEAR New Dimension Church Family will be celebrating one year at their new location, 565 Neely Ave., 3 p.m. Speaker will be Pastor Patterson of Saulsberry, Tenn. For more information contact Carol Whaley, 216-6044; or Cathie Gray 544-0979.
• PARADE The Potts Camp Christmas Parade will be held. For more info. and forms, call the Potts Camp Town Hall, 662-333-7285.
• Pathway to Jesus, December 8, 9, 10, BridgeWay Baptist Church with support of Barton First Baptist and the community are creating an interactive trip through Bethlehem to the Nativity. Admission is free but tickets are necessary. The tours will be at 6, 7 and 8 p.m. each evening. Contact 901-619-6125 or email@example.com for tickets; 107 Taska Road, Mt. Pleasant area, next to the Dollar General.
• A Christmas Tea will be held from 2-4 p.m. at the Victoria United Methodist Church. All are invited to attend.
• The Teen Challenge of MS has been selected to be the recipient of “Share Our Joy.” The families of Friendship Assembly of God began this campaign many years ago and have been blessed to be a part of bringing joy to others each Christmas season. If you would like to join others in an effort of bringing an evening of Christmas cheer, contact the church office at 662-838-4000 for more information.
• Friendship Christian Academy presents their annual Christmas presentation “A Charlie Brown Christmas” at 6:30 p.m. Come early for seating. This year the students will help bring joy to your heart as they perform.
• Caroling will be held at 2 p.m. followed by a soup and sandwich supper in the Emory Independent Methodist Church Family Life Center at 5 p.m.
• AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God presents “Believe” at 10 a.m. during morning service. Everyone welcome! The church is located on Interstate 78 – take Victoria Exit 18, go right on Friendship Rd. 1/2 mile to entrance.
• “Old Fashioned Christmas” Friendship Assembly of God in Victoria invites you to come and join in an evening of caroling in the Byhalia and Victoria communities. There will be hot cocoa, sounds of Christmas cheer and laughter of children as we serenade the community with songs of the season. Holiday trailer of carolers will be leaving the church at 6 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery.
If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page