Thursday, November 17, 2011
Calendar of Events
• Pre-Thanksgiving Service will be held at Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Rd., Victoria, at 7 p.m. Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson and Mt. Moriah M.B. Church will be the guests. Everyone is invited. Rev. Roger Daniel, pastor.
• Music workshop Nov. 17-18, at New Dimension Salt and Light Ministries, 565 Neely, Holly Springs. Under the directorship of Christopher Robinson. Registration begins at 6 p.m. There is a fee.
• State of the County presentation, sponsored by the Marshall County IDA and CREATE Foundation, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N. Memphis St., Holly Springs. The public is cordially invited.
• EXPO Finley Grove M.B. Church, Hwy. 7 North, will have a Pre-Thanksgiving Gospel Expo, 4 p.m. Special groups and choirs will be performing. Pastor is James C. Green; chair is Joyce Brown.
• FALL FESTIVAL Greenfield Presbyterian Church will have a fall festival 7 a.m.-3 p.m. There will be food, crafts, homemade goods, fresh vegetables, crafts and more. For more information or to reserve a space call Catina Newsom, 662-274-4127, Lavora C. Blake, 662-252-3309 or 662-544-2513.
• BENEFIT Holly Springs High School class of 1980 will have a benefit program for Sheryl Elaine Pegues at Baptist Seminary on Cuba Street, 5 p.m. Everyone is asked to come and support this worthy cause.
• SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church will have a gospel singing with the Saving Grace Trio from Amory, as featured guests. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Concert will be held at 6 p.m. featuring the All Saints Mega Workshop Choir, at New Dimension Salt and Light Ministries, 565 Neely St., Holly Springs. Musical guest will be Billy Rivers.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet at 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
RECEPTION The Holly Springs Main Street’s 2nd annual awards reception
will be held at Rust College cafeteria, 7 p.m. All Main Street members
are invited. Tickets are available for $15 for non-members.
• ANNUAL FALL HARVEST DINNER will be held at Emory Independent Methodist Church. Sunday School will begin at 9:45 a.m., worship service at 11 a.m. and dinner following service. Everyone is invited.
• MISSIONARY PROGRAM Hebron Chapel CME Church, 2827 Hernando Road, will have their Missionary Program hosted by Linda Mathis, 2:30 p.m. Special speaker will be Rev. Barbara Richardson. Host pastor is Marco Finley. Refreshments will be served.
• APPRECIATION DAY Jones Grove will have an appreciation program for the first lady, Louise Powell at 3 p.m. The public is invited.
• A Night of Music will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, Mt. Pleasant, 6 p.m. The youth choir along with other choirs will be in concert. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Prayer rally sponsored by the ladies of the Wings Sunday School class at First Baptist Church in Holly Springs will be held at the northern gazebo on the courthouse lawn, 3 p.m. In case of bad weather the event will be moved to the sanctuary of First Baptist Church, 185 E. College. For more info. call 662-252-2627. Everyone is invited.
• PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have an appreciation program for Minister Sammie and Sis. Curtanya Smith at 3 p.m. Special speaker will be Elder Robert Kelly of Como. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• CHOIR DAY Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church Choir Day will be held at 3 p.m. We are inviting everyone to come.
• THANKSGIVING SERVICE will be held at Kimbrough Church, 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Charles Gillespie and New Mt. Gillian Church.
• THANKSGIVING PROGRAM St. Matthews Baptist Church, Byhalia, will have a Thanksgiving Program, 9 a.m. Rev. Ronnie Strong will be the guest pastor.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church beginning at 3 p.m. The community is invited.
• LOVE DAY Bell Grove, Tyro Road in Chulahoma will have their Pastor’s Love Day for servant Marvin Lucas Sr. at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Mark Davis and Wyatt Community Church. Everyone is invited.
• PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having a Twelve Tribes of Israel program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Rev. Arthur Fitchpatrick and the New Way of Living M.B. Church of Memphis, Tenn., and the Concord M.B. Church of Slayden. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Prtichard Sr.
• DINNER There will be a 4th Sunday dinner following church service at 12 p.m, held at the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church. Everyone is invited. We would be happy to have you join us for church service at 11 a.m. if you are able; if not come for lunch.
• PARADE The Holly Jolly Christmas Parade sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce will begin at 5 p.m. Lineup will be at 3 p.m., judging at 4 p.m. Rain date will be Monday, December 5. For more information or to participate call the HS Chamber, 662-252-2943.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Lamar-Ashland, Dec. 3, 6:30 p.m. with The Men of Music. Fellowship follows.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY The Dynamic Angels will be celebrating their 21 pre-anniversary at Jones Grove MB Church, 7 p.m. Host pastor is John Powell. We invite all groups and choirs to render an A and B selection.
• Concert Fellowship Baptist Church will be hosting the Kingsmen Quartet from Ashville, NC, 5 p.m. No admission; a love offering will be taken. Church is located on Hwy. 309, three miles north of Byhalia. For information or directions please contact: Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773, or Bubba Feathers, 901-497-8337.
• Christmas music program will be held at Emory Independent Methodist Church, 11 a.m.
• ANNIVERSARY The Dynamic Angels will be celebrating their 21st anniversary at Rising Star M.B. Church, 6 p.m. Host pastor is Robert McClain. We invite all groups and choirs to render an A and B selection.
• ONE YEAR New Dimension Church Family will be celebrating one year at their new location, 565 Neely Ave, 3 p.m. Speaker will be Pastor Patterson of Saulsberry, Tenn. For more information contact Carol Whaley, 216-6044; or Cathie Gray 544-0979.
• PARADE The Potts Camp Christmas Parade will be held. For more info. and forms, call the Potts Camp Town Hall, 662-333-7285.
• Pathway to Jesus, December 8, 9, 10, BridgeWay Baptist Church with support of Barton First Baptist and the community are creating an interactive trip through Bethlehem to the Nativity. Admission is free but tickets are necessary. The tours will be at 6, 7 and 8 p.m. each evening. Contact 901-619-6125 or firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets; 107 Taska Road, Mt. Pleasant area, next to the Dollar General.
• A Christmas Tea will be held from 2-4 p.m. at the Victoria United Methodist Church. All are invited to attend.
Caroling will be held at 2 p.m. followed by a soup and sandwich supper
in the Emory Independent Methodist Church Family Life Center at 5 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page