Thursday, October 13, 2011
City police go to 80 calls
The Holly Springs Police Department responded to 80 calls last week and made a couple of felony arrests.
Kadarius Isom, 17, 812 West Ridge Cove, was arrested and charged with burglary/possession of a controlled substance, police chief John Norman said.
Edheldridge Balfour, 20, 87 Collier Road or Fire Tower Road, was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a controlled substance 2nd, assault on a police officer and receiving stolen property, he said.
The list of calls last week include – disturbances, 7; funeral assistance, 1; alarm calls, 9; larcenies, 2; accidents, 7; burglaries, 3; 911 hang-up calls, 1; shots fired, 1; auto burglary, 1; assaults, 1; missing persons, 1; fire department, emergency response or sheriff’s office assistance, 2; and miscellaneous, 44. The dog catcher responded to 12 calls.
Holly Springs police officers responded or took reports on the following.
Monday, Oct. 3
• Residential burglary/grand larceny in the 700 block of MLK Drive.
• Domestic violence/ simple assault in the 200 block of MLK Drive.
• Grand larceny in the 300 block of Chesterman.
Tuesday, Oct. 4
• Residential burglary in the 400 block of East Van Dorn.
• Simple assault by threat in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• Malicious mischeif in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
Wednesday, Oct. 5
• Petit larceny in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
Thursday, Oct. 6
• Shoplifting in the 100 block of West College Avenue.
• Domestic violence/simple assault in the 500 block of Colonial Drive.
Friday, Oct. 7
• Missing wallet in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Saturday, Oct. 8
• Three reports of simple assault in the 200 block of West Valley.
Officers reported other citations and arrests last week, including misdemeanor arrests – speeding 10, no proof of liability insurance, 7; improper passing, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 1; driving while license suspended implied, 3; contempt, 4 arrests; DUI, 1 arrest; disorderly conduct/failure to comply, 1 arrest; joy riding, 1 arrest; trespassing, 1 arrest; identity theft, 1 arrest; simple assault X2/tresspassing, 1 arrest; domestic violence/simple assault, 1 arrest.
The Holly Springs Police Department will participate in the National Take Back Initiative Saturday, Oct. 29, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the parking lot at Walmart. The initiative is a collaborative effort with the Drug Enforcement Administration to take back expired/unused prescription drugs, over the counter medications and to dispose of them properly. Anonymous disposal. No syringes or injectables.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page