Thursday, October 13, 2011
Calendar of Events
• “Themba Safari” girls’ sleep over hosted by the Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God will be held from 7 p.m. Oct. 14 till 7 a.m. Oct. 15. All girls are invited! For more information please call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• POETRY NITE Soulful Poetry Products presents: Red, Black, and White Poetry Night at Pryme Tyme. Doors open at 8 p.m., show starts at 9 p.m. Featured poet will be “H2” (Hashim Hakim) from Chicago, Ill. Special guest will be Marcus L. Matthews, author, from Memphis, Tenn. For more info. or to sign up to perform your poetry, call Kisha at 901-334-1555.
•FALL FESTIVAL Byhalia First Baptist Church will have a Free Family Fall Festival, “Shine with the Light of Jesus”, 3 p.m.-6 p.m. Join us for carnival games, moon bounces, crafts, food, music, trunk-r-treat, and cake walk. The church is located at 2555 Church Street.
• HUNTER SAFETY CLASS will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, 8 a.m. until. Must be 10 years of age to be certified and must have Social Security number. To register call 662-840-5172.
• Public Square Rosary Rally will be held on Saturday, October 15, at the Marshall County Courthouse Square in Holly Springs from 12 noon until 1 p.m. Approximately 5000 Public Square Rosary Rallies are scheduled across America to pray for repentance, conversion, and peace. The 2011 Rally is coordinated by The America Needs Fatima Organization to commemorate the 94th anniversary of the October 13, 1917 Fatima Apparitions and the Miracle of the Dancing Sun.
•Benefit program for Chris Perkins Williamson, son of elder Craig and Rosie Williamson will be at 5 p.m., at New Dimension Church, 525 Neely Ave.; contact person, Sis. Mary Sims. Host pastor, Actavatis Allen.
• MEETING Marshall County Republican Club will meet at the Marshall County Library at 10 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church will host a gospel singing with featured guest singer/songwriter Marvin Morrow from Cypress Inn, Tenn. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
•Seven Seals Program The Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, will be sponsoring a Seven Seals Rally Program, 2:30 p.m., with seven dynamic speakers. Everyone is cordially invited. Rev. Robert Odum is pastor.
• WOMEN’S DAY The United Methodist Women of Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church will have their Annual Women’s Day Program, 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be Sister Stephanie Norvell of Brown Missionary Baptist Church of Southaven.
• ANNIVERSARY SERVICE for Elder Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard will be held at Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant, 3 p.m. Guests will be Elder Benny Crutchfield and The Kings Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Rossville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• FREE BRANCH will have early morning worship at 8 a.m. and then be in fellowship with Liberty Hill at 11 a.m. during their Founder’s Day Program.
• HOMECOMING Hillcrest Baptist Church, 1580 Hwy. 309 S., at Warsaw, will celebrate homecoming beginning at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served at noon with singing afterwards. Pastor Jim Buchanan invites all.
• Revival, October 16, 17, and 18 at the Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria. Anita Lawson will speak on Sunday, Jim Cox on Monday and Rex Wilburn on Tuesday. We hope all in the area will join us for this revival.
• Revival Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, will have its homecoming service, “Souls for Christ,” 10 a.m. Dinner after service (no night service). Come join us for worship, fellowship, singing and food.
• REVIVAL Hillcrest Baptist Church, 1580 Hwy. 309 S., at Warsaw will be in revival October 17-21, 7 p.m. nightly. Gary Adams will be the guest evangelist and songleader is Jason Tudor.
• POLITICAL FORUM Rust College, Division of Social Sciences hosts the IDA B. Wells/Roy Wilkins Lecture Series, Political Forum for Johnny Dupree, candidate for Govenor of Mississippi, 5:30 p.m. in Heard Auditorum. For more information call Dr. Sandra Vaughn, 252-8000, ext. 4308 or 4307.
• CANTATA REHEARSAL The Community Choir will rehearse at 7:30 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church.
• RETREAT Mt. Ollie M.B. Church, 2923 Hwy. 349, Potts Camp, will have a weekend retreat Oct. 21-23. For more information you may call Mable Lester, 662-287-8437, Myra Scales, 544-0143; or Stella Taylor, 333-6856.
•Open gym night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, at 7 p.m. (All youth and their friends welcome, ages 13 to 25.)
• BAKE SALE The Marshall Academy senior class of 2012 will have a bake sale at the Bank of Holly Springs, on the square, 10 a.m.
•SINGING Calvary Baptist Church, Ashland-Lamar, will have a singing at 6:30 p.m. The featured group will be New Ground. Fellowship will follow.
• PTA Holly Springs Intermediate School Fall Carnival will be held 1-6 p.m. For more information you can contact Beverly Phillips at the Holly Springs Intermediate School Parent Center, 252-7733.
• A COMMUNITY CELEBRATION with music, food, and fellowship, noon until sundown at the Holly Springs Walking Park behind the Multi-Purpose building. For more information on how to get your church or band involved call Doug at 662-216-6069.
• Song Fest Wall Hill Church of Christ at 5 p.m.
• FREE FAMILY FALL FESTIVAL at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch (next to the Middle School) on Sat., Oct. 22 from 3-6 p.m. Free carnival games, bounces, bungee run, cake walk, petting zoo, train, hot dogs, snacks, candy, an antique car show and so much more, all free! Everyone is invited!
• HARVEST FEST First Southern Baptist Church, Victoria, will have their annual harvest fest at 5:30 p.m. There will be food, fun, games for all ages. Everyone is welcome.
• Men’s Prayer Breakfast will be held at Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Rd., Victoria, at 9 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend. Rev. Roger Daniel, pastor.
• LUNCHEON Reid’s Gifts Church usher board will sponsor a salad luncheon and fellowship, featuring 25 types of salad, 3 p.m. Speaker minister Kendrick Campbell. Pastor, Jerry Williams. Chairperson, Victor Peyton.
• Health and Vendor Fair will be held at the Multi-Purpose Building, 235 Memphis Street, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Free admission. There will be door prizes plus local church choirs performing. At 7 p.m. there will be a Soulful Night Out beginning at 7 p.m. Couples, $25 and $15 singles. These events sponsored by Mighty God Ministries.
• CONFERENCE District Women’s Conference will be held at Holly Springs Baptist Association Building, 10 a.m. Guest speaker will be Evangelist Bevelin Kneeland. No admission. All are invited.
• MEN & WOMEN’S DAY Bell Grove MB Church, 853 Tyro Road, Chulahoma, will have Men and Women’s Day beginning at 2 p.m. Pastor Marvin Lucas Sr. invites everyone.
• ANNIVERSARY Kimbrough Chapel will celebrate its 116th anniversary at 11 a.m. Guests will be Calvin Raybon Sr. and Liberty Hill church family. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr.
• Men’s Day Antioch MB Church, 1306 Gardner Rd., Victoria, will have a Men’s Day Program, 2:30 pm. Guests will be Pastor Jeffery Daniel and White Hill M.B. Church of Tupelo. Everyone is invited to attend. Pastor is Rev. Roger Daniel.
• Homecoming and Old Fashion Day will be held at First Baptist Church of Potts Camp. No Sunday school and services will begin at 9:30 a.m. with guest singer Brittni Ward. Everyone is invited.
• ANNUAL FAMILY and Friend’s Day will be held at Greenfield Curch, 3 p.m. Pastor Lyons is asking everyone to invite at least five guests.
• ANNIVERSARY 30-year pastoral anniversary will be held at Smith Grove MB Church, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Ronnie Franklin of Hebron MB Church. Other guests include Lonnie Whitfield and Chulahoma MB Church. All are invited.
• CANTATA REHEARSAL The Community Choir will rehearse at 7:30 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church.
•MEETING The Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce will have its membership meeting from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Beckley Center, across from Rust College campus in Holly Springs. The former director of Holly Springs Community Development Agency and current director of the Fort Chaffee Redevelopment Authority, Ivy Owen, will be the keynote speaker. Lunch is $10 per person. Please RSVP at 662-252-2943 by October 25 if you plan to attend.
• HAY RIDE Kimbrough Chapel Church will have a haunted hay ride, 6 p.m. Special guests will be Jason, Texas/Chainsaw. Sponsors are The Luellen Gospel Singers. Price for hayride is $2. For more info call Joe Luellen or Arlean, 662-2527135 or Luedella Faulkner, 662-224-9073. Refreshment will be sold.
• ANNIVERSARY Faith Healing and Deliverance Tabernacle, 28 Tyro Road on Hwy. 4 West, will celebrate Tarsha Mosley’s first year anniversary, 4 p.m.
• PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have 100 Men In Black Program, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Eugene Anderson and the Brooks Chapel C.O.G.I.C. of Oakland, Tenn. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr., pastor, invites all.
• Harvest Festival will be held hosted by Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God, 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. The activities for this night are endless with carnival games, inflatables, challenges and so much more. Admission for the evening is one bag of candy per child.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page