Thursday, October 6, 2011
Holly Springs police respond to 104 calls, make two felony arrests
Holly Springs police officers made two felony arrests and responded to 104 calls last week, according to interim chief John Norman.
Anthony Wayne Lofton, 18, of 106 CR 1147, Tupelo, was arrested and charged with burglary, Norman said.
Robert (QT) Lesure, 68, of the 500 block of South Center Street, was arrested and charged with theft of utilities, he said.
Police answered the following calls – disturbances, 11; domestics, 3; funerals, 5; alarms, 14; larcenies, 3; accidents, 4; burglaries, 3; 911 hang-ups, 4; robberies, 4; shots fired, 1; malicious mischief, 3; auto thefts, 2; sexual assaults, 1; and 46 miscellaneous calls. The dogcatcher answered six calls.
Police filed the following reports:
Monday, Sept. 26
• trespassing in the 100 block of West Woodward.
• shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• simple assault in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Tuesday, Sept. 27
• disturbance of the family in the 300 block of South Chesterman Street.
• armed robbery in the 600 block of Hwy. 7 North.
Wednesday, Sept. 28
• robbery and burglary in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 300 block of West Street.
• burglary in the 400 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• disturbance in the 200 block of West Street.
Thursday, Sept. 29
• malicious mischief in the 200 block of Clara Street.
• theft of utilities in the 500 block of South Center Street.
• auto theft in the 100 block of Greenbriar Circle.
• auto theft on Falconer Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of Maury Street.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• burglary in the 300 block of East College Avenue.
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of Highway 4 East.
Friday, Sept. 30
• domestic violence/simple assault in the area of Rising Star Road.
• robbery in the 200 block of McCoy Avenue.
Saturday, Oct. 1
• rape in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• burglary/grand larceny in the 300 block of East Salem Avenue.
• burglary in the 100 block of East Gholson Avenue.
• petit larceny in the 200 block of Heritage Drive.
Officers wrote these citations – speeding, 3; no proof of liability insurance, 4; no/expired tag, 1; reckless driving, 2; no/expired driver’s license, 2; seatbelt violations, 1; and disregard for traffic device, 2. They made the following misdemeanor arrests – contempt, 8, driving while license suspended implied/DUI, 1; disorderly conduct, 1; disorderly conduct/failure to comply, 1; disturbance of family, 1; shoplifting, 1; trespassing, 1; DUI, 2; contempt/simple assault, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 3; and false reporting of a crime, 1.
The Holly Springs Police Department will participate in the National Take Back Initiative Saturday, Oct. 29, between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. at the police station. The initiative is a collaborative effort with the Drug Enforcement Administration to take back expired/unused prescription drugs, over the counter medications and to dispose of them properly. Anonymous disposal. No syringes or injectables.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page