Thursday, January 27, 2011
Police investigate violence, burglaries
Holly Springs police officers responded to 72 calls last week, according to chief Robert Pearson.
They include miscellaneous, 31; disturbances, 3; assaults, 4; alarms, 11; funerals, 4; larceny, 1; burglary, 2; accident, 6; welfare checks, 2; fights, 4, sheriff’s office or medical assists, 2; and 911 hangup calls, 2.
Officers took the following incident reports:
Monday, Jan. 17
• a resident asked police to remove an unwanted subject from residence in the 400 block of West College Street. No charges were filed.
• a family member discovered a deceased subject in the 100 block of Weaver Road.
Tuesday, Jan. 18
• an assault in the 100 block of Rust Avenue. No charges were filed but investigation is underway.
• a shoplifting was reported in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. An unauthorized person went behind the electronics counter and stole a cell phone from its packaging. Court subpoena was issued.
• a domestic violence was reported in the 500 block of Swaney Drive. A juvenile was arrested and transported to Alcorn Juvenile Detention Center.
• a lock was removed from a gate and a trailer was taken from a residence in the 1000 block of West Woodward. Incident is under investigation.
• an aggravated assault was reported in the 400 block of Craft Street. Charges were filed.
• an aluminum boat with black camouflage designs was stolen from a yard in the 200 block of Jeanette Street. Incident is under investigation.
Thursday, Jan. 20
• a domestic violence was reported in the 100 block of West Park Avenue. An arrest was made.
• a felony malicious mischief was investigated in the 100 block of North Walthall Street.
• a subject was arrested and charged with trespassing in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
Friday, Jan. 21
• an identity theft was reported in the 500 block of J.M. Ash Drive. Offense is under investigation.
Sunday, Jan. 23
• a burglary was reported in the 100 block of West Woodward. Entry was gained by kicking in the apartment door. A flat-screen TV and PlayStation were taken. Incident is under investigation.
• a burglary was reported in the 300 block of MLK Drive. Subject kicked in a door and stole a Poulan chainsaw. Incident is under investigation.
Police officers made seven arrests including - contempt, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 3; trespassing, 1; contempt, 1; and credit card fraud with intent, 1.
Samantha Tables, 28, of 145 North Chesterman Street, was arrested and charged with credit card intent to defraud, Pearson said.
Other activities reported by Holly Springs police for the week included- threat, with an arrest, and one citation for disregard of traffic device.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page