Thursday, September 15, 2011
Police investigate burglaries
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department answered 108 calls last week and made one felony arrest, according to interim chief John Norman.
Rico Wells, 21, of the 800 block of Old Oxford Road, Waterford, was arrested and charged with robbery, he said.
Response to calls included the following – disturbances, 8; assaults, 3; domestics, 7; auto burglary, 1; alarms, 4; larcenies, 4; accidents, 2; funerals, 8; burglaries, 5; 911 hang-ups, 3; law enforcement and medical assists, 2; and 51 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher answered 6 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Sept. 5
• self-inflicted mutilation in the 300 block of West Park Avenue.
Tuesday, Sept. 6
• disorderly conduct in the 100 block of Lemac Avenue.
• residential burglary in the 100 block of North Memphis.
Wednesday, Sept. 7
• domestic disturbance in the 200 block of East Valley Avenue.
• residential burglary in the 100 block of South Chesterman Street.
• residential burglary in the 100 block of Chatham Heights.
• residential burglary in the 200 block of South Chesterman.
Thursday, Sept. 8
• residential burglary in the 100 block of South Chesterman Street. Possible stolen property was recovered. Incident is under investigation.
• simple assault in the 400 block of Coopwood Drive.
• aggravated assault in North Center Street alley.
Friday, Sept. 9
• simple assault by threat in the 100 block of Spring Street.
• auto burglary in the 1600 block of Crescent Meadows.
Saturday, Sept. 10
• trespassing in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of East Van Dorn Avenue.
• simple assault in the 1400 block of Highway 4 East.
• assist to Marshall County Sheriff’s Department with the arrest of a suspect believed to be involved in a shooting incident on Roberts Chapel Road.
Officers reported the following citations or misdemeanor arrests – speeding, 9; no proof of liability insurance, 5; no/expired driver’s license, 1; no/expired tag, 2; open container, 1; DUI and contempt, 1 arrest; contempt, 2 arrests; driving while license suspended, 1 arrest; disorderly conduct, 2 arrests.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page