Thursday, September 15, 2011
Calendar of Events
• PTA meeting The H.W. Byers PTA will meet Thurs., Sept. 15, 6 p.m. in the multi-purpose building on campus.
• 4-H meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet on Thursday, September 15, at the Marshall County Library. Looking for new members ages 8 to 18. This organization encourages all students/members to always do your best. To join call Mrs. Hicks at 662-252-5920.
• Worship summit Dennis Jernigan, worship leader, songwriter and author, will conduct the 2011 Mid-South Worship Summit, Sat., Sept. 17, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St., Olive Branch. Jernigan will also lead a free worship night on Sat., and will lead both the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 Sunday morning services. Everyone is cordially invited to attend these events.
• CONCERT Bill Monaghan will be in concert at Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5 N., Ashland, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Fellowship will follow.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 8 a.m. Pastor Charles Lesure of Newell Chapel will be the guest speaker. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• FALL FESTIVAL at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church has been cancelled.
• CRAFTS FAIR Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 170 Carey Chapel Road, will have a crafts fair, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. If you would like to have a booth call 662-851-7543. Food and drinks will be provided by the youth. Some booths already reserved include canned goods, quilts, dolls, pottery, 31 Purses, health foods, woodworking and more. All items must be new.
• YARD SALE St. Mary’s, CADET, Holy Family Catholic School Alumni Association will host a superior yard sale at 205 W. College Ave., across from Big Star, 7 a.m.-12 noon. Everything must go. Cheap! Alumni meeting will be held after yard sale. For more info. call Annie Clark, 252-5364.
• CHURCH PICNIC Bibleway Outreach, Hwy. 178 W, will have their church picnic at 11 a.m. There will be food, fun and games. Everyone is welcome.
• ANNIVERSARY The Walker Singers of Como will celebrate their anniversary at New Great Light Church, Saturday, Sept. 17, at 7 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 18, at 6 p.m., at the P.G.A. Building in Sardis. Guest groups from Holly Springs include Silver Stars, Gospel Travelers and others. The MCs will be Linda Cole and Clara Walker.
• SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church will have a gospel singing featuring Still Blessed Trio from Tupelo. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m.
• WALK-A-THON Reid’s Gift M.B. Church will sponsor a two-mile walk-a-thon beginning at 8:30 a.m. For more information contact Jerry Williams, 662-564-4040 or 544-6140.
• BREAKFAST Free Branch Church will have their prayer breakfast at 9 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• LOVE BANQUET Miracle Temple Salt & Light Ministries host a Love Banquet honoring pastor and wife, L.T. and LeCarrie Mason, 5 p.m., at New Dimension Salt & Light Ministries, 565 Neely Ave. Donations will be collected. For more info. call 662-252-1854.
• Family & Friends’ Day will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, 2:30 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. R.J. Wilson of Mt. Moriah. Host pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• WOMEN OF THE BIBLE program will be held at Adolphus Chapel, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Billy Williams and Edna Boyd is sponsor.
• Come join in the fun at Macedonia Baptist Church, “Children’s Church,” each Sunday at 10:30 a.m. for ages 4 through 11 and Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m. for ages 4 through 11. We’re located at 14910 Cathy Road, Byhalia. Sessions will end May 2012. Contact Shelia Shackelford at 662-838-3783.
• ANNIVERSARY Rising Star is having its annual Male Chorus Anniversary, 6 p.m. The church is located at 7570 Higdon Road and pastor is Robert McClain.
• Meeting The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• REVIVAL Bibleway Outreach, Hwy. 178 in Byhalia, will have a three-night revival beginning Wednesday, Sept. 21, through Friday, Sept. 23, 7:30 nightly. Guest speaker will be Bishop Ferrell of Greensboro, NC. Pastor is Bishop Renzil Barringer.
• VOLUNTEERS NEEDED The American Cancer Society Relay for Life is seeking volunteers in Marshall County. The first meeting will be held at the Marshall County Library, 5:15 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Guest will be Rev. Willie Hoey from Pleasant Hill.
• SINGING Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir will be opening for the Bolton Brothers of Hattiesburg at Mt. Gilliam Baptist Church, Byhalia, 5 p.m.
• GALA The Rev. Charlie E. and Cinderella S. Taylor Sr. Foundation (CC Taylor Foundation), a non-profit 501(c)13 organization headquartered in Holly Springs will host its Gold and Silver Scholastic Gala at the Whispering Woods Hotel and Conference Center, Olive Branch, 5:30 p.m.
• Planning meeting St. Joseph Catholic Church’s disaster plan committee will meet at 2 p.m.
• Picnic Fellowship picnic-style supper will be held Saturday, September 24, at the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall, starting at 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. All in the community are invited to attend.
• FALL FESTIVAL Miracle Temple Salt & Light Ministries will have a fall festival 12-5 p.m. There will be food, games, fun and gospel singing. Singing will begin at 3 p.m. and all church choirs, choruses, and etc. are invited to participate. Festival will be held in the church parking lot at 1126 Allen Corner Road, Lamar. For more info. contact Tammy or Chiquita, 662-224-4352.
• PASTOR & WIFE’S LOVE DAY will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Goliday and Clear Creek Church. Host pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• 129th Homecoming at Macedonia Baptist Church, located at 14910 Cathy Road, Byhalia, will be held at 10:30 a.m. Following services all are welcome to share in a large buffet dinner and enjoy the music of The Geeslins.
• Come join in the fun at Macedonia Baptist Church, “Children’s Church” each Sunday at 10:30 a.m. for ages 4 through 11 and Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m. for ages 4 through 11. We’re located at 14910 Cathy Road, Byhalia. Sessions will end May 2012. Contact Shelia Shackelford at 662-838-3783.
• ANNUAL WOMEN’S DAY Isaac Chapel CME Church will celebrate their Annual Women’s Day, 11 a.m. Rev. Doris Alexander and the New Hope CME Church will be the guests. Rev. Willie Ward, pastor, invites everyone.
• SPIRIT PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having a Fruit of the Spirit Program at 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be Evangelist Laverne Oliver of the Kingdom of God Ministries. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr., pastor, invites everyone.
• Picnic Sunday, September 25, the St. Joseph Parish annual picnic will begin at 1 p.m at the home of James and Barbara Rayford.
• USHER DAY Mt. Teamer CME Church hosts their annual Usher Day Program at 3 p.m. Special speaker will be Pastor Mary Cole of Pleasant Grove along with the church choir. Willie Harper is pastor.
• PACK 348 of Mt. Pleasant kicks off their seventh year of scouting. The new location will be at Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 6-7 p.m. Contact Dallas Hunsucker at 901-489-1626 for more information. Cub Scouts is for ages first through 5th grade boys.
• ANNUAL WOMEN’S CONFERENCE The Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Hwy. 78 W., Red Banks, will have their annual women’s conference Sept. 28-30. For more information contact Rhoda Jones, 901-341-3403 or 662-551-1500.
• Flea market Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Road will have a fall flea market Sat., Oct. 1, from sunup to sundown. Booths are available for $15. Come and sell your wares, arts and crafts, clothing, whatever you specialize in. To book your booth contact Carolyn Hall, 662-851-7090.
• Homecoming, Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church will host their annual homecoming on Saturday, October 1, beginning with dinner at 12 noon and singing at 1 p.m. Featured guests will be The Williams Family. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• Rummage sale Watson Volunteer Fire Department will have a rummage sale Friday, Sept. 16 and Saturday, Sept. 17 - 8 a.m. til 2 p.m. rain or shine! Our building is air conditioned! 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept, at the old Watson Saddle Club. The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept. Building Fund.
• Picnic Victoria
United Methodist Church will hold a yard sale at the church, Saturday,
October 1 from 8:30 until 3 p.m. Please come and help support our
• CHOIR DAY Finley Grove M.B. Church, Hwy. 7 North, will have their annual Choir Day at 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to come. Joyce Brown is program chair. James C. Green is pastor.
• WORSHIP SERVICE Rising Star Church is having its Hour of Power Worship service, 7 p.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites everyone to a night of praise and worship. The church is located at 7570 Higdon Road.
• MEN’S CONFERENCE The Men’s Ministry of Salt & Light Ministries will sponsors Men’s Conference 2011 Oct. 6-9. The theme is “Men Reclaiming Their Territory.” Oct. 6-7, 7 p.m.; Oct. 8, 9:30 a.m.; Oct. 9, 11 a.m. The event will be held at 1126 Allen Corner Road, Lamar. For more info. call Wayne Jefferson, 662-544-0715 or Pastor Shelby Washington, 901-282-7748.
• FUND-RAISER The first annual fund-raiser dinner event, “The Wrecking Ball” for Preserve Marshall County and Holly Springs, Inc. will be held at the front lawn of historic Chalmers Institute., 6-10 p.m. Jim Dees with Thacker Mountain Radio will be the emcee with Shannon McNally and her band providing the evening’s music. Music, literature, food, drinks, silent auction all on the grounds.
• CONFERENCE Mt. Zion Taska Church Conference 2011 will be held Oct. 12-14, 7:15 p.m. nightly. Facilitators will be Dr. Michael Minor, Dr. Bessie Tables and Pastor Brandon Blake. Evangelist will be Rev. Terrance Taylor from Mt. Joyner M.B. Church, Memphis, Tenn. Registration $10, church registration $100. Call 662-851-7188 for more information.
• ANNIVERSARY Faith Healing and Deliverance Tabernacle, 28 Tyro Road on Hwy. 4 West, will celebrate Tarsha Mosley’s first year anniversary, 4 p.m.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page