Thursday, September 8, 2011
Calendar of Events
• Revival will be held September 7-9, 7 p.m., at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road. Speaker will be Rev. Walter Newsom from Batesville. Host pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• Back to school bash Wed., Sept. 7, 6:30 p.m. at Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.) for a Back to School Bash for grades one through 12. Activities will include outdoor games (including water balloon events), food, and fellowship. Sponsored by the Brookside Baptist RAs/GAs and our EPIC Youth Group. Call 662-890-4069 for more details.
• PTA Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its first PTA for the 2011-12 school term at 5:30 p.m. in the library. Election of officers and a short parent training session will be held. All parents with children at the Intermediate School are encouraged to attend. Tammy Hampton, PTA president. For more information, you can contact Beverly Phillips at the Intermediate School Parent Center at 252- 7733.
• ANNIVERSARY Davis Temple Outreach Ministries, 635 West St., will be celebrating their pastor and wife’s anniversary Thursday and Friday, 7:30 p.m. nightly and Sunday 3 p.m. Pastor Elder Robert Davis. For more information call 662-512-8514.
• GRANDPARENTS’ DAY will be held at Holly Springs Primary School, 1 p.m. Emergency Prepardness Assembly will be held Sept. 12, 1 p.m. School pageant will be held Sept. 21 at 5 p.m., and early student release will be September 28 at 1 p.m.
• ANNUAL PRAISE IN THE PARK will be held at the Holly Springs City Park, College Ave./Boundary, 5 p.m. Sponsors are the Redeemed Fellowship Ministries Church Youth Department. All praise teams, dancers, and/or choirs are asked to perform. Everyone is invited. For more information call Tamara L. Jeffries, 662-306-0093.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 6 p.m. Bro. Charles Ambrose is superintendent. Guest will be Ray Wilmer. Lesson overview will be given by Quinton Smith of historical First Baptist Church, Millington, Tenn.
• SINGING Watson Community Church, 2550 Hwy. 309 S., will have a gospel singing at 5 p.m. Danny Smith will be featured singer. Billy Smith, pastor, invites everyone.
• MEET & GREET with M.L. Matthews, author of “I Am Not the Father” will be held at the Marshall County Library, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Event is hosted by L.A.D.I.E.S. Society of Holly Springs. Books will be available for purchase. The public is welcome. For more information contact K. Qualls, 662-557-2044.
• SINGING Rice Chapel United Methodist Church will have a singing with the Master Quartet as guests. Fellowship will begin at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Bro. Walter Myers, pastor, invites everyone.
• Flea market New Dimension will have a flea market, carwash and fish fry, Sat., Sept. 10, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Stop on by, 565 Neely Ave.
• Dinner and a movie Victory Church fish fry and a movie, Sat., Sept. 10 at 4 p.m. We will be serving fish and the trimmings. Afterward we will show the movie “Grace Card,” an awesome moving movie filmed in Memphis. Don’t miss it! Everything is free. Victory Church is located at 103 Lowry Drive in the Byhalia Industrial Park. Contact: Jim Ferguson at 901-487-8758 or Melvin Shackelford, pastor 901-831-7623.
• Yard sale Victoria United Methodist Church will hold a yard sale at 3229 Moore Road, (off Cayce) Red Banks, on September 10 from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. Hope you will come out and support our missions.
• SCHOOL SUPPLY GIVEWAY Powell Chapel Church family will have their annual school supplies giveway on the courthouse lawn beginning at 10 a.m. For more information call 662-252-7875. Eddie Walker is pastor.
• ANNUAL MUSICIAN APPRECIATION PROGRAM will be held at Rising Star M.B. Church, located on Chewalla Road, 2:30 p.m. All church choirs, gospel groups, male choruses, soloists and etc. are invited. For more information call Florida Manning, 662-252-7493; Tessie Anderson, 252-4890. Host pastor is Robert McClain.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having a Pre-Anniversary Service for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Guest will be Pastor Gunnette Joyner and the Spirit of Life C.O.G.I.C. of Byhalia. Everyone is invited.
• SENIOR CHOIR DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 2 p.m.
• ANNUAL WOMEN’S DAY will be held at Isaac Chapel CME Church, 11 a.m. Speaker will be Rev. Doris Alexander, pastor of New Hope CME in Red Banks. Everyone is invited. Rev. Willie Ward is pastor.
• Worship summit Dennis Jernigan, worship leader, songwriter and author, will conduct the 2011 Mid-South Worship Summit, Sat., Sept. 17, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St., Olive Branch. Deadline to register for tickets is Sept. 1; register by Aug. 24 and receive a discount. Jernigan will also lead a free worship night on Sat., and will lead both the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 Sunday morning services. Everyone is cordially invited to attend these events.
• CONCERT Bill Monaghan will be in concert at Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5 N., Ashland, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Fellowship will follow.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 8 a.m. Pastor Charles Lesure of Newell Chapel will be the guest speaker. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• FALL FESTIVAL will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 7 p.m.
• CRAFTS FAIR Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 170 Carey Chapel Road, will have a crafts fair, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. If you would like to have a booth call 662-851-7543. Food and drinks will be provided by the youth. Some booths already reserved include canned goods, quilts, dolls, pottery, 31 Purses, health foods, woodworking and more. All items must be new.
• YARD SALE St. Mary’s, CADET, Holy Family Catholic School Alumni Association will host a superior yard sale at 205 W. College Ave., across from Big Star, 7 a.m.-12 noon. Everything must go. Cheap! Alumni meeting will be held after yard sale. For more info. call Annie Clark, 252-5364.
• CHURCH PICNIC Bibleway Outreach, Hwy. 178 W, will have their church picnic at 11 a.m. There will be food, fun and games. Everyone is welcome.
• Family & Friends’ Day will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, 2:30 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. R.J. Wilson of Mt. Moriah. Host pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• WOMEN OF THE BIBLE program will be held at Adolphus Chapel, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Billy Williams and Edna Boyd is sponsor.
• Meeting The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• REVIVAL Bibleway Outreach, Hwy. 178 in Byhalia, will have a three-night revival beginning Wednesday, Sept. 21 through Friday, Sept. 23, 7:30 nightly. Guest speaker will be Bishop Ferrell of Greenboro, NC. Pastor is Bishop Renzil Barringer.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Guest will be Rev. Willie Hoey from Pleasant Hill.
• SINGING Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir will be opening for the Bolton Brothers of Hattiesburg at Mt. Gilliam Baptist Church, Byhalia, 5 p.m.
• PASTOR & WIFE’S LOVE DAY will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Goliday and Clear Creek Church. Host pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• 129th Homecoming at Macedonia Baptist Church, located at 14910 Cathy Road, Byhalia, will be held at 10:30 a.m. Following services all are welcome to share in a large buffet dinner and enjoy the music of The Geslins.
• ANNUAL WOMEN’S CONFERENCE The Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Hwy. 78 W., Red Banks, will have their annual women’s conference Sept. 28-30. For more information contact Rhoda Jones, 90-341-3403 or 662-551-1500.
• Flea market Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Road will have a fall flea market Sat., Oct. 1, from sun-up to sun-down. Booths are available for $15. Come and sell your wares, arts and crafts, clothing whatever you specialize in. To book your booth contact Carolyn Hall, 662-851-7090.
• FUND-RAISER The first annual fund-raiser dinner event, “The Wrecking Ball” for Preserve Marshall County and Holly Springs, Inc. will be held at the front lawn of historic Chalmers Institute. Jim Dees with Thacker Mountain Radio will be the emcee with Shannon McNally and her band providing the evening’s music.
• ANNIVERSARY Faith Healing and Deliverance Tabernacle, 28 Tyro Road on Hwy. 4 West, will celebrate Tarsha Mosley’s first year anniversary, 4 p.m.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page