Thursday, September 1, 2011
City police go to 111 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 111 calls last week.
They included – disturbances, 5; assaults, 3; alarms, 15; domestics, 8; larcenies, 1; accidents, 4; funerals, 7; auto burglary, 1; burglaries, 3; 911 hang-ups, 5; robbery, 1; check on the disabled, 1; shots fired, 1; malicious mischief, 3; law enforcement/medical assists, 4; and 49 miscellaneous calls, according to interim chief John Norman.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Aug. 22
• identity theft in 100 block of Sunset Acres Road.
• residential burglary/petit larceny in the 200 block of South Chesterman Street.
• residential burglary in the 200 block of West Woodward Avenue.
Tuesday, Aug. 23
• domestic disturbance of the family in the 300 block of East Valley Street.
Wednesday, Aug. 24
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of South Greenbriar Circle.
Thursday, Aug. 25
• molesting/trespassing in the 400 block of West College Avenue.
• shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. An arrest was made.
• sexual battery in the 400 block of Moss Avenue.
• simple assault in the 300 block of Highway 178 West.
Friday, Aug. 26
• malicious mischief/contraband in a correctional facility in the 800 block of West Street.
• malicious mischief in the 300 block of Van Dorn Ave.
• broken rear car window in the 100 block of West Elder Avenue.
Saturday, Aug. 27
• auto burglary in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Sunday, Aug. 28
• petit larceny in the 500 block of East Van Dorn Avenue.
• simple assault in the 1000 block of West Woodward.
Officers reported these additional citations – speeding, 8; no proof of liability insurance, 4; improper parking, 1; possession of paraphernalia, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 2; improper passing, 1; open container, 1; other violations, 1.
Misdemeanor arrests included the following – driving while license suspended (implied consent), 1 arrest; DUI/driving while license suspended, 1 arrest; contempt, 2 arrests; shoplifting, 1 arrest; failure to yield right of way/resisting arrest, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page