Thursday, August 25, 2011
Police make pair of felony arrests
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department took 77 calls for the week and made two felony arrests, according to interim chief John Norman.
He said felony possession of a firearm on educational property charges were filed against Tabaris T. Dotson, 26, of 512 Dewey Street, Greenwood. And a DUI 3rd felony charge and a careless driving while license suspended charge were filed against Blake L. Marquis, 30, of 99 County Road 421, Oxford, Norman said.
Officers responded to the following calls – disturbances, 2; assaults, 2; alarms, 11; domestics, 3; larcenies, 2; accidents, 4; funerals, 3; auto burglary, 1; burglaries, 2; 911 hang-ups, 3; and 44 miscellaneous calls. The dogcatcher responded to five calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Aug. 15
• simple assault in the 300 block of Cuba Street.
• identity theft in the 200 block of North Shelby Drive.
• counterfeit money in the 300 block of Van Dorn Ave.
Tuesday, Aug. 16
• stolen vehicle in the 500 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• conspiracy to commit a crime in the 800 block of West Street.
Wednesday, Aug. 17
• simple assault by a threat in the 100 block of North Memphis Street.
• found property in the 100 block of Heritage Drive.
• trespassing and residential burglary in the 400 block of East Salem Avenue.
Thursday, Aug. 18
• residential burglary in the 200 block of Shelby Drive.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of North Randolph Street.
Friday, Aug. 19
• auto burglary in the area of Stewart Street.
Saturday, Aug. 20
• harassing phone calls in the 600 block of Rosaland Drive.
Sunday, Aug. 21
• commercial burglary in the 400 block of Highway 178.
• simple assault by threat and petit larceny in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 400 block of South Chesterman Street.
• possession of a firearm on campus in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Officers wrote the following citations or made misdemeanor arrests including – no/expired tag, 1; no proof of insurance, 1; driving while license suspended, 1 arrest; contempt, 3 arrests; and domestic violence/simple assault, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page