Thursday, August 25, 2011
Calendar of Events
• FALL REVIVAL will be held August 24-26, 7 p.m. nightly, at Kimbrough Chapel Church. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. will be guest speaker.
• Managing medication Mt. Moriah MB Church will host an informative evening on managing your medications and organizing your meds, at no cost to you. Church is located at 3193 Marianna Rd., Holly Springs.
• H.W. BYERS PTA invites parents, teachers and interested community members to our first meeting of the school year, 6 p.m. It will be held in the Multi-purpose Building on the campus.
• MALE CHORUS ANNIVERSARY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6 p.m.
• LADIES’ MEETING 11th annual Ladies’ Meeting will be held at Cornerstone Baptist Church, Hickory Flat, 9 a.m. until noon. Lunch will be provided. We will take a love offering for the guest speaker, Tabitha Beck. For more info. call 662-316-2589 or 662-544-4103.
• HUNTER EDUCATION CLASS will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 N., 8 a.m.-until. Must be 10 years of age, and have a Social Security number. To register for class call 662-840-5172.
• SINGING Evangel Full Gospel Assembly will be featuring the Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn., as guests singers. Singing will begin at 7 p.m. Local singers will be participating and there will be congregational singing for all.
• Back to school fun-day at Potts Camp Park, 9:30-11 a.m., Sat., Aug. 27, for children ages 6-12. Sponsored by the Marshall County Baptist Association, there will be snow cones, games and special drawings.
• CHOIR DAY will be held at Bell Grove MB Church, 3 p.m.
• HOMECOMING The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have annual homecoming day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert E. Barber and the Gospel Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Senatobia. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• ANNIVERSARY Bethany Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will be celebrating their 75th anniversary beginning at 11 a.m. Former pastors will be speaking followed by lunch and singing by Pickin’ Up the Pieces. Pastor Donald Worsham and church invite everyone to attend.
• ANNUAL USHER DAY Jones Grove M.B. Church will have annual usher day, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Reverend Melvin Rogers and New Bethel Full Gospel Church. Pastor John Powell is host pastor.
• TENT REVIVAL will be held August 29-Sept. 2 at New Dimension, 565 Neely Ave., adjacent to Kentucky Fried Chicken. Prayer will begin at 6 p.m., service at 7 p.m. nightly. For more information call 662-551-1569.
• PTA Holly Springs High School will hold its first PTA meeting for the 2011-2012 school term at 6 p.m. in the library. All parents with children at the high school are encouraged to attend. Angela Mayfield is PTA president.
• FAMILY REUNION The 2011 Eli Wilkins and Virginia Cole family reunion will be held at Pine Grove Park S., Cayce, beginning at 12 noon on September 2. Activities will be held September 2-4. For reservations and more information call 662-851-7678.
• THE GATHERING will be held September 3-4. Saturday service is at 1 p.m. until. Sunday service will be at Community Temple. Minister Kirby Holloway will be the guest speaker. A picnic will follow at 3 p.m. at Rabbit Ridge Road, off Red Banks Road. For more info. call 901-387-8791.
• A family reunion will be held for the families of Estell Glass Faulkner and the late Annie Glass Craine at the home of Eliza Mae Craine, Hwy. 309 South of Byhalia.
• PRAYER SUMMIT Bountiful Blessings Ministries, 28 Tyro Road, Hwy. 4 West, will have a prayer conference beginning at 12 noon.
• SINGING Chewalla Baptist Church will have a singing with Mike Devore as guest. Supper will be at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Jimmy Curle is host pastor.
• SOCCER REGISTRATION will be held until September 4 at Brookside Baptist Church, ages 5-15. Wednesday nights we have RAs and GAs, for grades 1-5. For more information call 662-890-4069.
• FISH FRY Providence M.B. Church will sponsor a fish fry at 1:30 p.m. The cost of a plate is $6 and will be held at 295 Withers Ave.
• BUILDING FUND #2 Springhill M.B. Church will have their building fund, 3 p.m. L.G. Bogard is host pastor. Dorothy Palmer is chairperson.
• PTA Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its first PTA for the 2011-12 school term at 5:30 p.m. in the library. Election of officers and a short parent training session will be held. All parents with children at the Intermediate School are encouraged to attend. Tammy Hampton, PTA president. For more information, you can contact Beverly Phillips at the Intermediate School Parent Center at 252- 7733.
• ANNUAL PRAISE IN THE PARK will be held at the Holly Springs City Park, College Ave./Boundary, 5 p.m. Sponsors are the Redeemed Fellowship Ministries Church Youth Department. All praise teams, dancers, and/or choirs are asked to perform. Everyone is invited. For more information call Tamara L. Jeffries, 662-306-0093.
• SUNDAY SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 6 p.m. Bro. Charles Ambrose is superintendent. Guest will be Ray Wilmer. Lesson overview will be given by Quinton Smith of historical First Baptist Church, Millington, Tenn.
• ANNUAL MUSICIAN APPRECIATION PROGRAM will be held at Rising Star M.B. Church, located on Chewalla Road, 2:30 p.m. All church choirs, gospel groups, male choruses, soloists and etc. are invited. For more information call Florida Manning, 662-252-7493; Tessie Anderson, 252-4890. Host pastor is Robert McClain.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having a Pre-Anniversary Service for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Guest will be Pastor Gunnette Joyner and the Spirit of Life C.O.G.I.C. of Byhalia. Everyone is invited.
• SENIOR CHOIR DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 2 p.m.
• Worship summit Dennis Jernigan, worship leader, songwriter and author, will conduct the 2011 Mid-South Worship Summit, Sat., Sept. 17, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St., Olive Branch. Deadline to register for tickets is Sept. 1; register by Aug. 24 and receive a discount. Jernigan will also lead a free worship night on Sat., and will lead both the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 Sunday morning services. Everyone is cordially invited to attend these events.
• CONCERT Bill Monaghan will be in concert at Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5 N., Ashland, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Fellowship will follow.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 8 a.m. Pastor Charles Lesure of Newell Chapel will be the guest speaker. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• FALL FESTIVAL will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 7 p.m.
• Meeting The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Guest will be Rev. Willie Hoey from Pleasant Hill.
• SINGING Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir will be opening for the Bolton Brothers of Hattiesburg at Mt. Gilliam Baptist Church, Byhalia, 5 p.m.
• PASTOR & WIFE’S LOVE DAY will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Goliday and Clear Creek Church. Host pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• ANNUAL WOMEN’S CONFERENCE The Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Hwy. 78 W., Red Banks, will have their annual women’s conference Sept. 28-30. For more information contact Rhoda Jones, 90-341-3403 or 662-551-1500.
• FUND-RAISER The first annual fund-raiser dinner event, “The Wrecking Ball” for Preserve Marshall County and Holly Springs, Inc. will be held at the front lawn of historic Chalmers Institute. Jim Dees with Thacker Mountain Radio will be the emcee with Shannon McNally and her band providing the evening’s music.
• ANNIVERSARY Faith Healing and Deliverance Tabernacle, 28 Tyro Road on Hwy. 4 West, will celebrate Tarsha Mosley’s first year anniversary, 4 p.m.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page