Thursday, August 18, 2011
Calendar of Events
• MEN’S NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel August 18 and 19, 7 p.m. nightly.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. New members are always welcome.
• REVIVAL Landmark United Pentecostal Church, 10204 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch, will have a revival Aug. 18-21. Special speakers will be David Henderson, Aug. 18, 7:30 p.m.; Justin Hall, Aug. 19-20, 7:30 p.m.; Todd Henderson, Sun., Aug. 21, 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pastor is Kenneth Stacy.
• yard sale August 19- 20, from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. each day at the Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria. Please come out and support our mission projects.
• MEETING The Marshall County Republican Club will attend the Rep. Alan Nunnelee town hall meeting at the courthouse, 10 a.m., instead of meeting at the library. Please try to attend.
• CONCERT The Bluff City Quartet will be in concert at Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5 N., Lamar-Ashland area, 6:30 p.m. Fellowship will follow.
• Youth Blowout at Pleasant Grove MB Church in Red Banks, at 10:30 a.m. The Blowout is a fun event to help keep youth tobacco-free. Participation in the Blowout is free. Registered youths will receive T-shirts and other tobacco-free prizes. Call Rhonda Johnson at 662-838-8333 to register. The event is funded by a grant from the Mississippi State Department of Health.
• ANNIVERSARY The Spirit of Life C.O.G.I.C. will have their pastor and wife’s anniversary at 3 p.m. for Pastor Joyner Sr. and first lady Tonniestein Joyner. The guest church will be Powerhouse C.O.G.I.C. and the speaker will be Pastor Leon Gaston. The church is located on Old Hwy. 78 across from Wesco.
• HOMECOMING Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, Byhalia Road, will have homecoming featuring The Mark Trammell Quartet from Gadsden, Ala. Dinner on the grounds will be held and singing at 1:30 p.m. Wade Crum is pastor. For info. or directions call Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773, or Bubba Feathers, 901-497-8337.
• Usher Day Mt. Zion Taska MB Church, 2:30 p.m., with Rev. Roney Strong and New Independence Church from Coldwater as guests. Host pastor, Rev. Brandon Blake. All are invited.
• SINGING Chulahoma M.B. Church will host the West Holly Springs Singing Union, 3 p.m. All are invited to attend. Rev. Lonnie Whitfield is host pastor.
• REVIVAL First Baptist Church of Potts Camp will have a revival Aug. 21-24. Aug. 21 at 6 p.m., Aug. 22-24, 7 p.m. nightly. Bro. Kirby Ladner will be guest speaker.
• Family and Friends Day will be held at Pleasant Grove M.B. Church, Red Banks, 11 a.m. Pastor Carlton Kneeland of Memphis, Tenn., will be the guest speaker. S.A. Phillips is the pastor.
• SPECIAL EVENT Temperance Hill Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will be hosting a special event at the evening service, 6 p.m. Terry Cassey will be the speaker. Bro. Ken Cooper invites everyone.
• PASTOR AND WIFE’S ANNIVERSARY Liberty Hill will be celebrating Rev. Calvin Raybon and his wife, Victoria’s anniversary at 2:30 p.m. Rev. Charles Gillespie and New Mt. Gillian church family will be the guests. Stevenson Clark from WAVN Time will be guest soloist. The public is invited.
• FALL REVIVAL will be held August 24-26, 7 p.m. nightly, at Kimbrough Chapel Church. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. will be guest speaker.
• Managing medication Mt. Moriah MB Church will host an informative evening on managing your medications and organizing your meds, at no cost to you. Church is located at 3193 Marianna Rd., Holly Springs.
• MALE CHORUS ANNIVERSARY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6 p.m.
• LADIES’ MEETING 11th annual Ladies’ Meeting will be held at Cornerstone Baptist Church, Hickory Flat, 9 a.m. until noon. Lunch will be provided. We will take a love offering for the guest speaker, Tabitha Beck. For more info. call 662-316-2589 or 662-544-4103.
• HUNTER EDUCATION CLASS will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 N., 8 a.m.-until. Must be 10 years of age, and have a Social Security number. To register for class call 662-840-5172.
• CHOIR DAY will be held at Bell Grove MB Church, 3 p.m.
• HOMECOMING The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have annual homecoming day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert E. Barber and the Gospel Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Senatobia. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• ANNIVERSARY Bethany Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will be celebrating their 75th anniversary beginning at 11 a.m. Former pastors will be speaking followed by lunch and singing by Pickin’ Up the Pieces. Pastor Donald Worsham and church invite everyone to attend.
• THE GATHERING will be held September 3-4. Saturday service is at 1 p.m. until. Sunday service will be at Community Temple. Minister Kirby Holloway will be the guest speaker. A picnic will follow at 3 p.m. at Rabbit Ridge Road, off Red Banks Road. For more info. call 901-387-8791.
• A family reunion will be held for the families of Estell Glass Faulkner and the late Annie Glass Craine at the home of Eliza Mae Craine, Hwy. 309 South of Byhalia.
• ANNUAL PRAISE IN THE PARK will be held at the Holly Springs City Park, College Ave./Boundary, 5 p.m. Sponsors are the Redeemed Fellowship Ministries Church Youth Department. All praise teams, dancers, and/or choirs are asked to perform. Everyone is invited. For more information call Tamara L. Jeffries, 662-306-0093.
• Worship summit Dennis Jernigan, worship leader, songwriter and author, will conduct the 2011 Mid-South Worship Summit, Sat., Sept. 17, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St., Olive Branch. Deadline to register for tickets is Sept. 1; register by Aug. 24 and receive a discount. Jernigan will also lead a free worship night on Sat., and will lead both the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 Sunday morning services. Everyone is cordially invited to attend these events.
• CONCERT Bill Monaghan will be in concert at Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5 N., Ashland, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Fellowship will follow.
• Meeting The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• FUND-RAISER The first annual fund-raiser dinner event, “The Wrecking Ball” for Preserve Marshall County and Holly Springs, Inc. will be held at the front lawn of historic Chalmers Institute. Jim Dees with Thacker Mountain Radio will be the emcee with Shannon McNally and her band providing the evening’s music.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page