Thursday, August 4, 2011
Holly Springs police respond to shoplifting, assault
The Holly Springs Police Department answered a variety of calls for the week, according to interim chief John Norman.
They included – disturbances, 7; alarms, 9; domestics, 3; larcenies, 4; accidents, 6; 911 hang-ups, 3; funerals, 3; auto theft, 1; checks on disabled or elderly, 3; shots fired, 3; malicious mischief, 2; loud music, 1; and 35 miscellaneous calls. The dogcatcher responded to nine calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, July 25
• shoplifting in 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Wednesday, July 27
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of West Elder Street. An arrest was made.
• statutory rape in West College Avenue area.
Friday, July 29
• malicious mischief in 200 block of Clara Avenue.
• a harassment and threat in the 200 block of North West Street.
Saturday, July 30
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 700 block of Coleman Avenue. An arrest was made.
Sunday, July 31
• domestic violence/aggravated assault in the 100 block of West Valley Street.
Officers reported the following arrests and citations for the week which include misdemeanor arrests – no/expired tag, 3: no proof of liability insurance, 2; loud music, 1; disregard for traffic device, 1; public drunk, 2; contempt, 5 arrests; domestic violence/simple assault, 2 arrests, and one trespassing.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page